Country song

Thread: Country song

Tags: None
  1. nocturnalrenegade said:

Default Country song

Hi all!

I'm trying to find out the name and artist of an older country song. The song is circa the 70's.....I heard it many times back in the 80's. It is sung by a male artist....the only phrases that I remember from the song are "I promise that" and "be so good to you" Sorry I don't have much info, but if anyone knows what this is, I would sure appreciate any info. Thx in advance!!!

NR

2. SMazac128 said:

Default Song identification

Is it, "I'LL BE GOOD TO YOU" by: The Brothers Johnson?

3. nocturnalrenegade said:

Hi SMazac128!

The Brothers Johnson song is not the one I'm thinking of. The song I'm looking for is by a male country singer and I would guess it came out in the late 70's..... there may have been a female backup singer also....but sorry, that's all I remember.

Thx!

NR

4. cowboydebbie said:

Default Country song

Possibly "I Cross My Heart"? I think it's by George Strait. It goes: I cross my heart, And promise to, Give all I've got to give, To make all your dreams come true. In all the world, You'll never find, A love as true, as mine.
    Last edited by cowboydebbie; 10-04-2005 at 11:04 PM. Reason: misspelled a word

5. nocturnalrenegade said:

Smile

Thanks for your response cowboydebbie! unfortunately, that's not the one either. I would venture to guess that the singer is probably older than George Strait. If I remember right, my parents had this song on an 8-track tape....but I don't know what ever happened to them (the tapes that is.....not my parents ;-)