unknown r&b artist and title

Thread: unknown r&b artist and title

Tags: None
  1. h0m3r said:

Default unknown r&b artist and title

i have a mp3 of a song recorded from the radio. i need to know the artist + title. you can download the song from here YouSendIt - Send large files - transfer delivery - FTP Replacement

i can decipher some of the lyrics, but those that are missing are shown as "....". an unknown female artist sings the song, with segments of rap by an unknown male artist.

[woman singing]
    ....friday night, i was on the floor singing on the mic....number and was surprized....
    if you want to be with me my beau (or boo??) ..... together me and you..... chance and i will prove i love you, i love you
    if you want to be with me my beau (or boo??) ..... together me and you..... chance and i will prove i love you, i love you

[Rap]
    ....cos i like your style...do it like this, do it like that...

[woman singing]
    ....can i take you for a ride shake that thing....look into my eyes and see that i don't lie....
    i'll do anything for you....

[rap]
    .....what the deal honey.... gypsies and change.....

[woman singing]
    .....if you want to be with me my beau (or boo??) ..... together me and you..... chance and i will prove i love you, i love you
    tell me what you want from me.... see you by side, look in to my eyes

Ckay said:

did u recently record this??? its killing me i can't hear well whos rapping and the female singing though familiar is not ringing a bell. but now u got me addicted to the song

3. h0m3r said:

thanks for taking interest in this thread ckay.

i recorded this about 9 months ago and have been trying to find out the artist and song since then, just so i can actually buy a proper version of the song.

your right, because its a recording the quality isn't 100%, but still ok.

i'm sure there are people out there with proper r&b/hip-hop knowledge who would know the song...its just driving me crazy that i still don't know who it is yet!

i've tried the following:

1) using google by typing in some lyrics.
    2) asking on music forums.

i have got some repsonses whereby people say the song is "familiar" but they can't quite remember who sang it.

SOULstice said:

I know that the beat they use is from the 90's, taken from a song called "Money, Power, Respect" by The Lox feat. Lil Kim and DMX, and which I vaguely remember being on a soundtrack. Also, the guy in the very beginning sounds like Fatman Scoop. I don't know if any of this helps, but maybe the song your looking for is a remix...
    "And the music shall set you free..."

5. h0m3r said:

thanks for the reply "soulstice". i've found the track "money, power, respect" and your right, the soundtrack seems to be very very similar. http://www.noolmusic.com/blogs/MySpace_Hip_Hop_Music_Video_Online_Embed_The_Lox_F eaturing_Lil_Kim_-_Money_Power_Respect.shtml

also note that because i recorded the song off the radio the first 15 and last 15 seconds are from other songs that i'm not concerned with. its the middle three minutes to listen to. thats means ignore the guy at the begining who sounds like fatman-scoop swearing. i should have made that point earlier i guess!

ok, so the background soundtrack has been taken from "money, power, respect" , but whose the female artist, the male rapper and song title!

eagerly wawiting responses/replies!

Ckay said:

money power respect is a popular for remixing, esp by radio stations. it truthfully gives little clue to the song itself. have u thought of sendin it to the radio station that played it??

7. h0m3r said:

Default unknown song + artist

i recorded the song from one of the hip-hop + r&b radio stations from windows media player. the station no longer exists when i open up media player, so i cannot find out where the station is based or if they have a someone to contact. oh well! at least i've got the background music (lox - money, power, respect)...now for just someone to sind out the song lyrics.