come with me to the dance floor

Thread: come with me to the dance floor

Tags: None
  1. babyoll_2007 said:

Default come with me to the dance floor

you and me coz that's what it's for
    show me now what it is, you gotta be doing, and the music in the house is so soothing

take me away, take me away

Name of the artist and title?

Another back to the old skool track

Mumbles said:

True Faith...Take Me Away ??

Or there's a newer version..

Haji & Emanuel - Take Me Away
    YouTube - Haji & Emanuel - Take Me Away [Video Coming Soon]
    Its nice to be important, but its more important to be nice
    Y Ddraig Goch ddyry gychwyn
  3. deavyz said:

Unhappy Yep!

...but there's a single that was very played at the ending 90's, and that I just can't find anywhere!
    It means to be by True Faith "Take me Away"; but I also found some other music called "Come With Me", by The mAjor Palyers; that I thank was the music I'm tring to find.
    It begins with some techno keyboard and then the famale singer begins to sing... the "chorus" mean to be "got to, got to, got to be doing... I don't wanna dance..."

Please, people, you know what is this music/remix?..

Forever thankful,
  4. Valeria Borges said:

Smile I know the song too

Hi Babyyoll,

Iīm trying to identify this song too, I think the lyrics goes like this:

"Come with me to the dance floor,
    You and me cause thatīs what itīs for
    Show me now what is it
    You got to be doing
    And the music ....is so soothing
    Gotta, gotta, gotta be doing..
    Eh, what a dance!"

Am I right?

This was recorded awhile ago, I have this song recorded in a tape.
    If you get more information please tell me about it.
    Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by babyoll_2007 View Post
    you and me coz that's what it's for
    show me now what it is, you gotta be doing, and the music in the house is so soothing

take me away, take me away

Name of the artist and title?

Another back to the old skool track

lollipop said:

@Valeria Borges:

but Mumbles has answered already to that question, just click on the link, that she has provided in her post...
  6. Valeria Borges said:

Smile I know

Quote Originally Posted by lollipop View Post
    @Valeria Borges:

but Mumbles has answered already to that question, just click on the link, that she has provided in her post...
    Thank you Lollipop, I saw the answer and I looked over the address in You tube, but that version of "Take me away" is not the same....Even the lyrics isnīt the same. As I sad I have the song recorded in a tape, shame that thereīs no way to change the sound recorded into a MP3 file...
    thank you anyway!
    Have a nice weekend!

lollipop said:

Valeria Borges, I don't understand now.

Do you mean, that you have the song in your tape with exactly the same lyrics, but with different melody?

You provided the lyrics like this:

Show me now what is it
    You got to be doing
    And the music ....is so soothing"

That is exactly, what Mumbles has suggested, and the original recording of True Faith - Take Me Away from 1991 begins exactly with the same lyrics, that you have provided:
    Original by True Faith from year 1991 in youtube: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V_DBZ48UwC8

Mumbles said:

I'm starting to get a bit confused too, 'cos the lyrics are the same
    Maybe we have the right song, but wrong artist and mix

Here's some more mixes
    These are Major Players -"come with me"
    http://www.juno.co.uk/artists/Major+Players/
    Its nice to be important, but its more important to be nice
    Y Ddraig Goch ddyry gychwyn

lollipop said:

Mumbles, hello!

I still think, you have the right song in your first post, because as Valeria says, it is on her tape... Tapes was used so long time ago, so it can't be a new remix of it?

I am confused too, and I would love to hear Valeria's sample from that tape.

Valeria, you can still record it to your computer, but you have to have a cable with headphone sockets, and a ripping program, but of course, it takes some work and knowledge about ripping in general...

So the really easy way is just to record it with your mobile phone, and then send it in your computer (send that recorded clip to your email address), and when you open it from your email, you already have it in mp3-format. Save it, and upload it in www.rapidshare.com
  10. Valeria Borges said:

Smile

Dear Lollipop and Mumbles,

No one of them corresponds to the one I have. Itīs a different melody, yes, Lollipop. But youīre the best, you know a variety of versions, doesnīt you? Thanks, thanks, I wish I could change my version into a MP3 file and sent it to you!
    Iīll keep trying to find it!
    I also canīt find an original version of "Fired up" by Funky Green Dogs. Can you help me?

Kisses, thank you both!

QUOTE=lollipop;355806]Valeria Borges, I don't understand now.

Do you mean, that you have the song in your tape with exactly the same lyrics, but with different melody?

You provided the lyrics like this:

Show me now what is it
    You got to be doing
    And the music ....is so soothing"

That is exactly, what Mumbles has suggested, and the original recording of True Faith - Take Me Away from 1991 begins exactly with the same lyrics, that you have provided:
    Original by True Faith from year 1991 in youtube: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V_DBZ48UwC8

.[/QUOTE]
  11. Valeria Borges said:

Talking Cell phone

Ah Lollipop, I read your instructions to change my music into a MP3 file, but I donīt know how to record it in my mobile phone which, by the way, is very simple, such as itīs owner (hahaha). Iīm really dull when it comes to technology...could you explain better how to do it?

Mumbles, hello!

I still think, you have the right song in your first post, because as Valeria says, it is on her tape... Tapes was used so long time ago, so it can't be a new remix of it?

I am confused too, and I would love to hear Valeria's sample from that tape.

Valeria, you can still record it to your computer, but you have to have a cable with headphone sockets, and a ripping program, but of course, it takes some work and knowledge about ripping in general...

So the really easy way is just to record it with your mobile phone, and then send it in your computer (send that recorded clip to your email address), and when you open it from your email, you already have it in mp3-format. Save it, and upload it in www.rapidshare.com

lollipop said:

Valeria, the only thing, i can think about is, that Mumbles still is right, and that it is a remix of the song, that she suggested, because in any other way it would be stealing someones original lyrics.
    All I can do, is give you discogs link, because there are many remixes of this song: http://www.discogs.com/artist/True+Faith, and remixes can sound very different from original. Good luck

About Funky Green Dogs: isn't it, that original version is included on their Album? Here is link to Amazon, there you can listen to samples: http://www.amazon.com/Get-Fired-Funk...5689979&sr=8-1
    List of all releases for "Fired up": http://www.discogs.com/artist/Funky+Green+Dogs
  13. Valeria Borges said:

Smile Take me away

It is certainly a remix lollipop, but I canīt seem to find it anywhere other than my old tape...Iīll ask a friend to teach me how to put it on a CD and then Iīll try to send you the file..It is a radio version so I donīt think thereīs any autorīs rights violation (even because I fight it in my profession, so I wouldnīt cooperate with something like this). It was released in Brazil in 1990, as I said. Thank you so much for being so nice and attentive! Thank you for finding the original version of Firep up!

Valeria, the only thing, i can think about is, that Mumbles still is right, and that it is a remix of the song, that she suggested, because in any other way it would be stealing someones original lyrics.
    All I can do, is give you discogs link, because there are many remixes of this song: http://www.discogs.com/artist/True+Faith, and remixes can sound very different from original. Good luck

About Funky Green Dogs: isn't it, that original version is included on their Album? Here is link to Amazon, there you can listen to samples: http://www.amazon.com/Get-Fired-Funk...5689979&sr=8-1
    List of all releases for "Fired up": http://www.discogs.com/artist/Funky+Green+Dogs
  14. Smash said:

smwh which also used this sample:
    M-Beat - Take Me Away (RENKT009, Renk Records 1992)
  15. 9-Fire said:

this is the one...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dYuwqEowwpQ

or get it on limewire

true faith feat. final cut - take me away

takes you right back...
  16. angelcakes said:

Default Take me away

The song is by Katherine E
    Take me away
    x

lollipop said:

Quote Originally Posted by angelcakes View Post
    The song is by Katherine E
    Take me away
    x
    I highly doubt.
    Cappella's Take me away is euro-dance track with different lyrics.
  18. africanibal said:

Thanks everyone for helping. I've been looking for this song for quite some time too. It was released in Brazil in 1990, but this mix did not come until a couple years later I think. It's a little more upbeat than the True Faith version. Any other suggestions?

lollipop said:

it also can be a bootleg, so maybe we all just on wild goose chase here....
  20. juliana2504 said:

VALERIA, I FOUND YOUR SONG: "Plus Staples - We got to be". Go to the Youtube.com and you can listen to it.
    Enjoy.
    Juliana