please help sang this forty years ago at my wedding

Thread: please help sang this forty years ago at my wedding

Tags: None
  1. crown1 said:

Default please help sang this forty years ago at my wedding

can anyone identify this song

it contains these words "you make love everything that love's supposed to be"

thats all i can remember

atmaestro said:

Try "Ain't That The Way (Love's Supposed To Be)" by Blue Cheer (1969).

Selwyn (Australian R&B singer) did a cover of the song in 2002.
    Last edited by atmaestro; 06-28-2007 at 11:41 AM.
    Them that can, do; them that can't... memorize Artist and Title

3. Retha said:

Smile

I registered here just because I hope I can help out with this. This song is so beautiful, so sexy, so deep to me, I hope got the right song and I found someone else who appreciate it!

I got this song as an mp3 from someone else. The label of the mp3 say it's by Barbara Ray, a South African country singer, but I can't vouch for the accuraccy of the label:
    ----------
    Loving you is easy/ there's so many things about you I can't define/ you're so close to perfection/ like an angel I created in my mind/ but your lips are warm and willing / you don't have to speak, your body's saying yes/ and making love to you is something special that words cannot express

Chorus: You make love everything that love's supposed to be/ hand in glove/ our hearts fit together perfectly/ like a dream/ I'm in heaven when you bring your love to me/ so tenderly/ you make love/ everything that love's supposed to be.

I know I'm a lady/ but I sure feel like a woman in the night/ and woman in me find the man in you/ when you turn off the light/ I want to hold you in my arms/ I know papadise is waiting where you lay/ wearing nothing but the shadows of the night/ you take my breath away/ Chorus
    -----
    I'm very curious to know if this is the song you were thinking of.

PS: If anyone knows more about this song, please tell me if it is by Barbara Ray or not.

4. Retha said:

I made one omission and one obvious spelling error in my song words above.
    "and woman in me" should be: "and the woman in me."
    "Papadise" should obviously be spelled "paradise."

5. mich1 said:

Default I have been looking for this song for over 15 years

Quote Originally Posted by Retha View Post
    I registered here just because I hope I can help out with this. This song is so beautiful, so sexy, so deep to me, I hope got the right song and I found someone else who appreciate it!

I got this song as an mp3 from someone else. The label of the mp3 say it's by Barbara Ray, a South African country singer, but I can't vouch for the accuraccy of the label:
    ----------
    Loving you is easy/ there's so many things about you I can't define/ you're so close to perfection/ like an angel I created in my mind/ but your lips are warm and willing / you don't have to speak, your body's saying yes/ and making love to you is something special that words cannot express

Chorus: You make love everything that love's supposed to be/ hand in glove/ our hearts fit together perfectly/ like a dream/ I'm in heaven when you bring your love to me/ so tenderly/ you make love/ everything that love's supposed to be.

I know I'm a lady/ but I sure feel like a woman in the night/ and woman in me find the man in you/ when you turn off the light/ I want to hold you in my arms/ I know papadise is waiting where you lay/ wearing nothing but the shadows of the night/ you take my breath away/ Chorus
    -----
    I'm very curious to know if this is the song you were thinking of.

PS: If anyone knows more about this song, please tell me if it is by Barbara Ray or not.
    Hi i am so pleased that some one has heard these lyrics it is a lovley song. I have been looking for this song for so long i have searched the web, been in and out of record shops and even asked a dj on the radio and have had no luck in getting it. My mum had this played at her wedding in 1984 and has lost the record. She cannot remember what it was called or who it is by but i rememberd the words as it was played over and over lol. Please could you let me know if there is a mans voice singin as well, as i thought it was a man that sang it also where your friend got it from ie shop, download or even the title so i can continue my search. Many thanks Michelle

F A B Scott said:

Quote Originally Posted by Retha View Post

I got this song as an mp3 from someone else. The label of the mp3 say it's by Barbara Ray, a South African country singer, but I can't vouch for the accuraccy of the label...

...PS: If anyone knows more about this song, please tell me if it is by Barbara Ray or not.
    If you have the song yourself, do you think you could upload it somewhere so others could hear it and maybe confirm who sings it etc.

A good site to do so is zSHARE

Thanks.

7. Retha said:

I downloaded it on zSHARE.

Here is the forum link: barbara ray you make love ....mp3 - 2.84MB

and the direct link: zSHARE - barbara ray you make love ....mp3

But Mich, it's definitely a woman singing it here.

logan01 said:

Good chance it's her. Sings a lot of country. Born in Scotland; moved to South Africa......... Scroll to Barbara Ray at the following site: South African Rock Lists Website - SA Charts 1969 - 1989 Acts (R)

9. maria087 said:

It is called "everything love's supposed to be" and sung by David Alexander.
    You can hear it on imeen.com
    Last edited by maria087; 08-28-2007 at 06:04 AM. Reason: saved too quick first time!

F A B Scott said:

Quote Originally Posted by maria087 View Post
    It is called "everything love's supposed to be" and sung by David Alexander.
    You can hear it on imeen.com
    Same song but that one is also by a male so I don't think it's the one being sought.