Help me out please. :)

Thread: Help me out please. :)

Tags: None
  1. nordberg said:

Default Help me out please. :)

Hey everyone. Just a quickie. More of a country/folk style song, I think. It has been used on many adverts etc. Not sure if it is a Hank Williams or someone of that ilk, but it is not my area of expertise really. May have been a one hit wonder, but I doubt it.

Here's the beginning anyway....

"If anyone should write (*whistle or high pitched instrument* wit woo), the story of my life (wit woo)......"

And that's all I know. I am sure I know more, but caught just a small segment of it somewhere the other day, and I knew exactly where to ask, hey?

It is quite well known, so I am sure it won't be a problem, especially for Lollipop.

Thanks.

P.S. In advance, it most certainly isn't Gladys Knight and The Pips, although I do love that track too.

2. nordberg said:

Ha ha!! You wouldn't believe it. I already had the song all along. I forgot it was even in my collection. And it isn't remotely how I described it genre-wise.

Anyway, it was the Burt Bacharach classic, 'The Story Of My Life' (predictably!), by Michael Holliday. I am sure you would have all helped me out soon enough anyway.

Sorry for the bother.