Sax club/dance/audiophile song from 80's/90's

Thread: Sax club/dance/audiophile song from 80's/90's

Tags: None
  1. zero_SANDF said:

Red face Sax club/dance/audiophile song from 80's/90's

Hi.

I'm actually embarrassed to ask because the information I have is very limited. I have tried for years without any succes to identify an old song I heard and loved when still a teen. Here goes.

I'm looking for an instrumental song from I guess the late 80's, early 90's('86 - '91). I first heard the song in 1991.

The beat of the song is driven by an electric/synthesizer sound with a saxophone present 80% of the song(Sax is main instrument). I guess it could have been a club/dance/audiophile type song typical of the 80's synth sound and in the 'Piano Fantasia - Song for Denise' category. Not anything Jan Hammer or Axel F did!

At the time I was under the impression that it was a European song. Unfortunately I have no more usefull information regarding this song.

I will greatly appreciate any light you could shed on this song.

Thanks

2. zero_SANDF said:

Any clues anyone?

Thanks

3. rwalker142 said:

Sounds like cantulope by US3. But I could be wrong

4. zero_SANDF said:

Hi rwalker142

Thanks for the reply. Listened to Cantalope by US3 and unfortunately it is not the song I am looking for. The song I am looking for will also be from before 1992.
    Thanks again and Cheers.

btw. I always had the idea that it was used in a French TV program/Movie.

5. zero_SANDF said:

Anyone?

6. ponrageous said:

Default idea...and question

I know I am about a year behind, but found your post while searching for an answer of my own.

First, if you have not found the song yet, try "Lily Was Here" by Candy Dulfer. It is from a Dutch movie called "De Kassière". It put her on the map in '89 and she then came out with the album Saxuality in 1990.

Secondly, I am looking for a woman saxophonist that had a hit song around the same time '89-'94. It used to be played on a tv music station called Much Music. All I know is that it was a women playing the sax in the video, may have had on a red dress? Let me know if this sparks anything.

7. snow leopard said:

Default late 80s saxaphone music

Hopefully you've found your song - but when I read your post, I remembered listening to a couple saxaphone instrumental albums in the late 80s by a group called Madhouse. Some of their songs where played quite a bit on the radio. That's where I first heard them.
    Madhouse was one of Prince's projects. Eric Leeds plays saxaphone.

8. orphenj said:

try guru josh (infinity) it is more than likely what u r lookin 4 mate i kno i was and all i had 2 go on was the sax and the words 1990 2 go on so im sure it is what ur after

9. Joker said:

Quote Originally Posted by ponrageous View Post
    Secondly, I am looking for a woman saxophonist that had a hit song around the same time '89-'94. It used to be played on a tv music station called Much Music. All I know is that it was a women playing the sax in the video, may have had on a red dress? Let me know if this sparks anything.
    Not entirely sure about zero SANDF's query, but you may well be referring to 'Infinity' by Natalie Marchenko. It's the music from Guru Josh's 'Infinity (time for the guru)', but with more saxophone.

http://www.djdownload.com/mp3-detail...oungetv/762620

I came across this site because I'm trying to trace that particular refrain, if that's the word. Maybe I have my decades mixed up, but I feel like I heard it earlier, like in the early eighties or even before that, before I started to take an active interest in music. I would hear someone playing it on a saxophone at night. Or maybe I'm really mixed up, and I saw it being played in some film (on a balcony, more than likely). Yeah, that's really starting to tug on bells...

With some more thought, I think it was played in a film, but in a room, next to a window. Wish I could remember more about it.

However, in my youth, a sports ground, could have been the rugby ground, could have been the football ground but it was many miles away, used to belt out 'Fanfare For The Common Man' on match days. They may have played the original version of this music as well, if it exists as a separate piece.
    Last edited by Joker; 08-09-2009 at 04:50 AM. Reason: Re-consideration of recollection

10. Joker said:

By the way, I got the 'Hi, I'm new here, how's it going?' spam from 'Abigail' (or as it's better known across the internet, 'Jessie').

11. alexm72 said:

Default thank you user contagious

thank you so much i was looking for lilly was here..i used to have it but it got deleted and i have been looking for days for this song again!!..i even registered to thank you..
    Frankly this website is too annoying to register..it took me 3 trys trying to figure out the captcha. Cant you just post something without all this BS sighnup

12. Noridana said:

Quote Originally Posted by orphenj View Post
    try guru josh (infinity) it is more than likely what u r lookin 4 mate i kno i was and all i had 2 go on was the sax and the words 1990 2 go on so im sure it is what ur after
    I can't thank you enough! I had been looking for this song... well, since the 90's . Thank you!

13. Tara Flynn said:

I have been looking for this song for over 12 yrs. Never even knew where to start looking, thought it was kenny g lol. Thank you so much

14. Kristopher Fjeldos said:

I was looking for a female saxophonist from the early 90's who had a hit song and came across Candy Dulfer from her 1990 release Saxuality. Her song Lily Was Here used to be played on the radio and I had her cd. I never would have found it if I hadn't read some I.Q. popping statements. Thanks.

Candy Dulfer-Saxuality-Lily Was Here

15. Lieke Ritzema said:

Default How Gee Black Machine

Quote Originally Posted by zero_SANDF View Post
    Hi.

I'm actually embarrassed to ask because the information I have is very limited. I have tried for years without any succes to identify an old song I heard and loved when still a teen. Here goes.

I'm looking for an instrumental song from I guess the late 80's, early 90's('86 - '91). I first heard the song in 1991.

The beat of the song is driven by an electric/synthesizer sound with a saxophone present 80% of the song(Sax is main instrument). I guess it could have been a club/dance/audiophile type song typical of the 80's synth sound and in the 'Piano Fantasia - Song for Denise' category. Not anything Jan Hammer or Axel F did!

At the time I was under the impression that it was a European song. Unfortunately I have no more usefull information regarding this song.

I will greatly appreciate any light you could shed on this song.

Thanks
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JGHwNy9ZMts Since your question popped up when I searched for this lately unknown song I think you're searching for the same song. I hope this information reaches you after all the elapsed time.
    Last edited by Lieke Ritzema; 05-10-2015 at 12:07 PM. Reason: found the answer (I hope)

16. JohnPaul Feehily said:

I came here for a similar reason, the song I was looking for was Pacific State by 808 State.
    Saxophone line starts about 40 seconds into this version.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6jQ_bOP0HfY