No One Can Tell Me This Hip-Hop Mix

Thread: No One Can Tell Me This Hip-Hop Mix

Tags: None

jaz (I'm back!!) said:

Question No One Can Tell Me This Hip-Hop Mix

I need help finding 2 songs actually.

(1ST SONG) The hip-hop mix im talking about goes:
    "This beat is so out of sight, This beat is so alright (or out of sight again)"

It's a woman saying those words all through out the song. It's like a remake of another song, instead of a whole song. (U know, like when DJ's mix songs together or take a clip of another song and make their own mixes). They always play it in clubs. Someone told me it's by Lisa Lisa & Cult Jam, but im not sure.

(2ND SONG) The second song i need help with is for my dad. The song goes:
    "i gotta getta way, i gotta do it now, i gotta walk into the sun"
    "i i i gotta way, gotta do it now, i gotta walk into the sun"

It should be pretty easy. It's song by a male, and he says it's from the early 80s. It's definately not "Nina Sky-Runaway"

Can anyone help with these songs? Especially plz plz plz help me with the first song. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

lollipop said:

the second one, for your dad, it is:

Central Line - Walking Into Sunshine

here's the song (wrong video, but right song): YouTube - Central Line - Walking Into Sunshine (1981)

jaz (I'm back!!) said:

Yeh, he said that was it.

Thanks again LOLLIPOP.
    Now can you help me find the 1st song, or can anyone at all help me find it plz plz?

Ckay said:

do yo have any other lyrics to the first song or what it was about?

jaz (I'm back!!) said:

Quote Originally Posted by Ckay View Post
    do yo have any other lyrics to the first song or what it was about?
    No, unfortunately i don't. Like i said, i don't think it's a whole song. Usually with hip-hop mixes (like this one), the phrase is repeated throught out the mix and they're usually between 1 min-2 min long. But i think that's all she's saying through out the song.

Im assuming the words she's saying is about the beat itself.

Ckay said:

well of lisa lisa the most obvious would be "can you feel the beat" or "let the beat hit 'em" im trying to think of other songs where she talked about beat

YouTube - Lisa Lisa & Cult Jam-Can You Feel The Beat

YouTube - Lisa Lisa & The Cult Jam - Let The Beat Hit 'Em

jaz (I'm back!!) said:

Oops, im so sorry. I forgot to mention that it's definately not "Can You Feel The Beat" or "Let The Beat Hit 'Em"

But like i said, i don't know if that phrase is by Lisa Lisa & Cult Jam. Although it might be a line used from those songs. I have to see.