hi to anyone here

Thread: hi to anyone here

Tags: None
  1. karen said:

Thumbs up hi to anyone here

my name is karen and i love amr diab music and ehab tawfik , i love arabic.... i wish i can speak arabic to know every song cause they are beautifull... im here to learn.... litlle by litlle arabic from the songs

2. ivybag said:

hi if you like amr diab you will find his whole new album translated and playable from my site under the amr diab tab here: Arabic Song Lyrics and Translation

croatian babe said:

you allready have that album?how?

4. ivybag said:

well the songs are already listenable all over the arabic music sites and people already wrote down the lyrics, so i translated them

RoCk-StAr said:

hmm... not to be criticizing or anything, but how good is your knowledge of Arabic?!
    I've looked at some of your translations, and they are a bit too far from the real meaning, and sometimes too literal that they don't make any sense...

Like Sherien's "Ana Mosh Beta3et El Kalam Dah", it translates as "I Don't Do Such Things", it's an Egyptian expression, same as "De7ket, ya3ny albaha maal", it means "She laughed, that means her heart has leaned (towards you))

These are just a few examples of what I've seen, there are tons more like that...
    خليك معايا يا حبيبي مهما كان
    خليك معايا يا حلم عمري اللي في خيالي من زمان

6. thb_lover said:

yeah i guess u r right RoCk-StAr even though i didn't read all the tranlations of ivybag but of wat i see from wat u wrote i guess u r right........

7. ivybag said:

Quote Originally Posted by RoCk-StAr View Post
    hmm... not to be criticizing or anything, but how good is your knowledge of Arabic?!
    I've looked at some of your translations, and they are a bit too far from the real meaning, and sometimes too literal that they don't make any sense...

Like Sherien's "Ana Mosh Beta3et El Kalam Dah", it translates as "I Don't Do Such Things", it's an Egyptian expression, same as "De7ket, ya3ny albaha maal", it means "She laughed, that means her heart has leaned (towards you))

These are just a few examples of what I've seen, there are tons more like that...
    no worries about criticism i take no offense. i am not a native speaker of arabic so with idiom expressions i am not very good. i only have been doing the translations in order to improve my arabic, although those two examples you gave i actually understand just translate a bit funny, they are not the worst errors on my site (i was thinking about ana mish bataet for a long time trying to figure out exactly what it means so thanks for correcting that). When they are too literal that usually means they are just a phrase i didn't understand so i translated it literally, but i try to be literal to get the closest understandable english equivalent even if it a little weird, so that the person can look back at the arabic and understand. i know my translations are not perfect, i have only learned dialect from six months of being in egypt and reading online so i am not great, but i think i usually put the right meaning of the song. also i have been doing the translation way too fast lately because i started receiving many email requests each day so i don't have much time you know.

RoCk-StAr said:

Well then, that means that your Arabic is very good for a foreigner!
    I'd gladly fix those little errors, and if you had any questions, feel free to ask me.
    خليك معايا يا حبيبي مهما كان
    خليك معايا يا حلم عمري اللي في خيالي من زمان