Solved: Help!

Thread: Solved: Help!

Tags: None

Lothwen said:

Default Solved: Help!

My grandmother just called and asked me to find a song she used to listen to, as a girl in England. She said it was either called You Are My Heart's Delight or Thine is My Heart's Alone. She mentioned that the artist was either Norwegian or Swedish, probably Norwegian. She also mentioned that the artist may have been a man by the last name of "Brawlings," or something like that. I've been seaching, and have found a song from an opera called "You Are My Heart's Delight" aka "My Heart is Yours Alone," but no artist mentioned.

Help!!

logan01 said:

maybe it's this fellow: You Are My Heart's Delight - Richard Tauber : Read reviews and compare prices at Ciao.co.uk

Richard Tauber gets several search hits when I look for the song title.

If this is the correct artist, I found several locations from where the song can be purchased.

Gotta take care of your grandmother!

Lothwen said:

Thanks so much!

logan01 said:

You're welcome. Sure hope that's it or at least makes the search easier.

Lothwen said:

Thanks again, that certainly helped me find it! Rochard Tauber is on a CD collection with the guy my grandmother was looking for, and now she wants Richard Tauber songs, too!

Thanks!!

-Lothwen

logan01 said:

I sure hope it worked out. Who was the person you're grandmother was searching for?

7. Thomas Wallace said:

Default You Are My Heart's Delight

Quote Originally Posted by Lothwen View Post
    My grandmother just called and asked me to find a song she used to listen to, as a girl in England. She said it was either called You Are My Heart's Delight or Thine is My Heart's Alone. She mentioned that the artist was either Norwegian or Swedish, probably Norwegian. She also mentioned that the artist may have been a man by the last name of "Brawlings," or something like that. I've been seaching, and have found a song from an opera called "You Are My Heart's Delight" aka "My Heart is Yours Alone," but no artist mentioned.

Help!!
    " You Are My Heart's Delight " was made famous by Richard Tauber an Austrian Tenor who was famous before and during the Second world War'
    The singer your Grandmother mentioned was probably Jussi Bjorling, a truly wonderful Swedish tenor of the same era as Tauber
    Another song made famous by Tauber around the same period was " My Heart And I "

8. DrROUS said:

Default Answer to your question: Jussi Bjorling

I think I have an answer for you. The song (and it's a famous one) is titled in English either "Yours is my Heart Alone", "You are my Heart's Delight" or "Thine is my Heart Alone", but it's usually referred to and performed in the original German, as "Dein ist mein ganzes Herz" It was written by Franz Lehar and is heard in his operetta "The Land of Smiles". The performer whom you mention must be the great Jussi Bjorling. (Sounds a lot like Brawling!)