Solved: Please help me with this Bachata song...

Thread: Solved: Please help me with this Bachata song...

Tags: None
  1. Salba said:

Default Solved: Please help me with this Bachata song...

During my holiday in Costa Rica I heard this one song which I really liked. It was a quite catchy (not too long) song, which seemed to be a duet between a man and a woman. In the song (probably the refrain) I heard the woman end one of her lines with (something that sounded like) "... flow flow". The refrain contained several other lines that also ended with two the same words. (At least this is what I thought I heard).

I went to the girl behind the bar and asked her for the title of this song. She clearly had some troubles understanding me (since she probably only spoke Spanish, which I don't), but eventually she wrote this down for me:

Aventura (Bachata)
    After I returned from my holiday I tried to find this song on the Internet. However, I couldn't find it... After searching a bit (and listining to a lot of songs of Aventura) I did get the idea though that "Bachata" probably refers to one of the albums of Aventura (of which I had never heard before my holiday). So my guess is that the girl simply wrote down the CD that was playing, instead of the specific song. However, I am not sure about this. Maybe the girl even thought I referred to another song?

Does anyone have an idea which song I heard?

Thanks so much in advance!

ps. Maybe this helps a bit in identifying the album/song: I'm quite sure I have also heard the song "Hermanita" of "Aventura" some minutes before or after I heard the song I don't know the name of.

Some additional information on the song I'm looking for:
    - I don't think the girl only sang in the refrain.
    - The most catchy and most remarkable aspect of the song was that some of the lines ended with two the same words (on a nice rhythm of course). Like mentioned previously, I'm quite sure one of these repetitions sounded like "... flow flow" (which was sung by the woman). One (or more?) other 'repetition(s)' sounded like "... {..}ow {..}ow" as well, as far as I can remember.
    - I'm not though sure whether this 'repetition' characteristic only held for the refrains or not.
    - I think the song was (mainly) in Spanish (though some parts - ... flow flow - thus at least sounded English.)

F A B Scott said:

This is a long shot:

YouTube -aventura nonono

I think bachata is the style of music is it not?.

3. Salba said:

Thanks for your efforts, but it isn't that song unfortunately...

For overall clarity:
    The most catchy and most remarkable aspect of the song was that some of the lines ended with two the same words (on a nice rhythm of course). One of these repetitions sounded like "... flow flow" (which was sung by the woman). One (or more?) other 'repetition(s)' sounded like "... {..}ow {..}ow" as well, as far as I can remember.

These 'repetitions' at the end of some lines were sung rather 'staccato'. It sounds about the same if you say "flow flow" relatively fast, and then incorporate a relatively long pause on the place of the space.

The style of the music is indeed probably Bachata, though I am not sure. As far as I can remember, the parts of the song with the repititions were more buoyant and less dramatic than you would expect from a Bachata style. The song is probably one of "Aventura", though there is a chance that too is not the case, if the girl at the bar misinterpreted my question.
    Last edited by Salba; 07-14-2007 at 06:25 AM.

4. Salba said:

No-one? :'(

Fiona M.D. said:

6. Salba said:

No..

Meanwhile I managed to send and email to the specific bar. Who knows...

F A B Scott said:

Quote Originally Posted by Salba View Post
    Meanwhile I managed to send and email to the specific bar. Who knows...
    Good idea - let us know if you get a result.

8. Imora said:

Aventura "Kings Of Bachata"

Eso no es amor, one of their greatest hits, even in the Netherlands (where I'm from)!

I am pretty sure you are looking for these guys!
    Last edited by Imora; 07-16-2007 at 04:01 PM.

9. Salba said:

Quote Originally Posted by Imora View Post
    Aventura "Kings Of Bachata"

Eso no es amor, one of their greatest hits, even in the Netherlands (where I'm from)!

I am pretty sure you are looking for these guys!

Thanks for the website! A nice overview of their best songs!

But unfortunately the song I'm looking for isn't there. Also "Eso no es amor" wasn't what I heard..

10. Salba said:

Quote Originally Posted by F A B Scott View Post
    Good idea - let us know if you get a result.
    They sent me the list below. However, can't really find anything sounding similar to the song I'm looking for?

Jose Feliciano
    Paco de Lucia (antologia)
    Willie and lobo
    Gipsy Kings
    Gitano (gipsy music)
    Marco Antonio Solis (trazos de mi alma) and (mas de mi alma)
    norah Jones
    Editus
    Strunz and Farah
    Juan luis Guerra
    Buena Vista (Cuban music)

Anyone having a bright moment..?

11. dclarke11 said:

Bachata is a style of music from Latin America (like salsa, merengue, tango ...)
    You heard in the song a guy and a woman. So they could be "Monchy y Alexandra". The song is Obsesion.
    "Aventura" is another bachata music group. They are 4 guys from New York. Many people and websites assign wrongly this song to "Aventura".

12. la_princessa_de_miami said:

Well I am from South Florida and of Hispanic origin. From what it sound like you are describing one of Aventura's songs that are not so popular compared to their others. Aventura typically sings a genre of music called bachata. Bachata is just the type of music. But anyways... The song I am describing is a short song and I believe the words that you think are flow flow, are really go go said really fast. The title of the song is "VOLVIO LA TRAICIONERA". HOPE THIS HELPS!!!

13. Salba said:

Quote Originally Posted by la_princessa_de_miami View Post
    Well I am from South Florida and of Hispanic origin. From what it sound like you are describing one of Aventura's songs that are not so popular compared to their others. Aventura typically sings a genre of music called bachata. Bachata is just the type of music. But anyways... The song I am describing is a short song and I believe the words that you think are flow flow, are really go go said really fast. The title of the song is "VOLVIO LA TRAICIONERA". HOPE THIS HELPS!!!
    That's the song! Haha, after almost 8 months I got it! Thanks a lot!

14. la_princessa_de_miami said:

Your welcome! I'm glad that you were finally able to find the song. Bachata is one of my favorites and I had a feeling that was the song, so I'm just happy to help. Enjoy it, it's a great song!