I thought Robert Goulet did the international hit of Sunrise, Sunset. Who did it?:

Thread: I thought Robert Goulet did the international hit of Sunrise, Sunset. Who did it?:

Tags: None
  1. Most Wanted Jamz said:

Thumbs up Solved: I thought Robert Goulet did the popular hit of Sunrise, Sunset. Who did it?

I thought Robert Goulet did the international hit of "Sunrise, Sunset". Could you please help me, with who really did the international version of "Sunrise, Sunset", that would get played on the radio? I heard the song from Memories 740 AM, Memories 1300 AM, and 1530 AM. The Joel Whitman book claims that Roger Williams had a hit of "Sunrise, Sunset", but it is not the version that I would hear on the radio. The Joel Whitman book is a book of songs, that would tell you who did the most popular international songs, that would get played on the radio. Unless Roger Williams did different versions of "Sunrise, Sunset", but I am not sure. I am not sure if there are two different Roger Williams' or not. Or if two different Roger Williams' did the same song. The Roger Williams that I know of, is mostly a piano player. Who's this mystery singer that did "Sunrise, Sunset", that would get played on the radio? I'm pretty sure it is not Roger Williams. The radio did not play "Sunrise, Sunset" from the Fiddler on the Roof soundtrack album. But the song is used in the Fiddler on the Roof soundtrack. This singer kind of sounds like Frank Sinatra or Tony Bennett. Please help, I cannot figure out this mystery singer.
    Last edited by Most Wanted Jamz; 12-12-2015 at 09:56 PM. Reason: Solved

2. Grendl2000 said:

The Roger Williams is the same Roger Williams you are thinking of - "Autumn Leaves" and "Born Free" guy. Pretty much every pop-standards singer of the 1960s recorded "Sunrise, Sunset." Robert Goulet did record it, as did Jim Nabors. Or perhaps you are thinking of either the Perry Como or Mike Douglas versions, both of which were sort of popular in their day. No version made the U.S. top 40 to my knowledge.
    Last edited by Grendl2000; 07-16-2007 at 06:47 PM. Reason: additions

3. Most Wanted Jamz said:

Smile Thanks, for your help.

Thanks, for your help. I was thinking of Jim Nabors. I was going to buy the record album of Jim Nabors doing the "Sunrise, Sunset" song, at a thrift store, but the stupid record was recorded in mono, and I wanted to buy the record in stereo. Perry Como and Mike Douglas are good ones to try out.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grendl2000 View Post
    The Roger Williams is the same Roger Williams you are thinking of - "Autumn Leaves" and "Born Free" guy. Pretty much every pop-standards singer of the 1960s recorded "Sunrise, Sunset." Robert Goulet did record it, as did Jim Nabors. Or perhaps you are thinking of either the Perry Como or Mike Douglas versions, both of which were sort of popular in their day. No version made the U.S. top 40 to my knowledge.

4. Most Wanted Jamz said:

It was Eddie Fisher, that had the international hit of Sunrise, Sunset. Perry Como's version does sound like Eddie Fisher's version, but Perry Como's version is slower.