R&B Duet

Thread: R&B Duet

Tags: None
  1. kem4god said:

Default R&B Duet

I think this song is called "Remember". Please help me find out who sings it.
    Goes like this:
    (Female):
    "Boy since you've been gone, I just can't find myself.
    Tears fall like the rain, I'll never be the same.
    Oh what's a girl to do when the one she loves is so far away and oh how I've prayed each and every day.
    Who decided we had enough, why couldn't we remain in love.
    We took a chance, we found romance we both been lookin for, its so hard to believe.
    Within a _____(?), the only man who meant the world to me is just a memory.
    (Hook):
    Remember the love you gave to me, now it's just what used to be, Remember. Remember
    (Guy):
    ?

2. mobrown said:

Default Tried to find that song too...

The song you are speaking of is by the Whispers or at least features the Whispers. I used to have it on cassette but have since lost it and have not had any sucess finding it again. I have even gone as far as emailed radio DJ's but none have responded.

That song is truly beautiful and I am determined to get it and digitize it. If you
    keep in touch I will provide you with it also.

For some reason I thought it was called "Remember"... I know there's a part that goes:

"Remember love you gave to me, now it's just what used to be remember... re-mem-ber

Just you and me the way it used to be boy... yea"

One of the Whispers twins sings the part that goes

"Who decide we had enough, why couldn't we remain in love
    We took a chance, we found romance we both been looking for, it's still hard to believe..."

this was sung after the first verse where the woman (can't remember her name) sang the same verse.

3. mobrown said:

Default Found it!!!

The song is called ""Just A Memory" and it is a duet by the Whispers with a woman named Carrie Lucas!!

I actually found it on Amazon.com by going thru Whispers albums and listening to songs. I only found it on an album entitled "The Whispers Greatest Slow Jms Vol.2"

I'm going to see if I can download the song free off of some sites and if that doesn't work I'll purchase the CD. I'll check this site occasionally to see if you respond.

4. kem4god said:

Default Thank You

Thats it. Now that is one special song. I wrote it down so I won't forget it ever. Now to find somewhere to download it from. Thans a million!!!!!

5. mobrown said:

Default I have it

If youre intersted I have downloaded it from a Newsgroup and will email it if you like. I believe there's a way to send a private message in these forums but I haven;'t done it in a while. If you know how just do it and I will gladly send you the song.

Best wishes