Shadow of a Wolf

Thread: Shadow of a Wolf

Tags: None
  1. Damien said:

Default Shadow of a Wolf

I have scratched and clawed with only these two hands, they keep me from being slaughtered like the spring lambs. I have worked like a horse and felt the sting of their hooves. I walk like a man but cast the shadow of a wolf.

Standing alone with the smell of death in the wind, the full moon lights my face and displays the intention for sin. Swift and deadly with little or no mercy, it is the way of the hunt while the quiet earth sleeps. We all walk in the valley of the dead, the eyes of the killer are out in front on his head. Wipe the blood from your smile, it is time to wear the sheeps clothing for awhile. Walk upright with your belly full...walk like a man but cast the shadow of a wolf.

A mothers wisdom is to do unto others and turn the other cheek. Walk softly and be respecful when you speak. Never bite unless you first show your teeth.

A fathers wisdom is right is often decided by might. You eat what you kill when the full moon is the only light. Never show your teeth until your ready to bite.

2. soosa said:

You should write poets, this doesnt really sounds like a songtext to me. Where is the refrain? What are the couplettes? I do think U write sharp though. Try writing in songtext style, maybe it will turn out to be a great text

SpudMunky said:

I think that to make these more into song lyrics they maybe need a chorus, but these are really well written and if you apply that style or theme the lyrics will be really good, this would make a great poem or song, maybe if it's just made a bit snappier maybe keeping all of the words but shortening the lines? or a chorus being added, you could use these lines
    "A mothers wisdom is to do unto others and turn the other cheek. Walk softly and be respecful when you speak. Never bite unless you first show your teeth.

A fathers wisdom is right is often decided by might. You eat what you kill when the full moon is the only light. Never show your teeth until your ready to bite."
    inbetween your verses? Or using say the first one in between the first two verses, and then the second part after your second verse, that I feel would make it more like song lyrics? Otherwise your writing is very good and very powerful! Hope this has hepled? Nicely done!
    Do you serve a purpose or purposely serve?

4. Damien said:

Thank you for your comments. I just write what I feel. Its not intended to be a song.