Need To Know This Track.....

Thread: Need To Know This Track.....

Tags: None
  1. Elation said:

Default Need To Know This Track.....

This is vaque, I know... From time to time On MTV's Cribs they place the intro of this hip hop or RnB track, and it just has this simple flute melody. It reminds me of the little rifs they would play on the old I Love Genie episodes. It's really simple and mininal, but can't for the life of me remember where've I heard it. I never knew who it was.....

Any ideas?

2. jamgurl7 said:

There's a song called Indian flute by Timbaland and Magoo, but it has a uptempo backbeat but if it was a small snippet of the song, it's possible that all you heard was the flute. I think they use that song a lot on MTV shows.

3. Elation said:

I downloaded the song you refered too. That's not it. It's honestly driving me mad now.... I can hear the melody in my head, and i've heard it on Cribs before real quick. Like they're walking into someone's living room and it comes on. I don't have any episodes backed up that I can refer too. The Timbaland track is too ethnic eastern sounding... This track is more uplifting and straightforward. Reminds me of the 70's "Genie" if you're old enough to remember that? There may be a clockenspiel (if you know what the sounds like) in there too. It's catchy as hell. I need someone to know before I go totally bonkers

4. jamgurl7 said:

Sorry, believe me...I know how frustrating it can be to really want to know the artist/title of a song and find no information after searching and searching.

I would still suggest going to the messageboards on the MTV site. I don't spend any time there but I think they might have a pretty well developed site and might have a Cribs messageboard. Even if you remember what day you saw the show, who was featured in that segment or what other people were on in that episode, I would post a message stating that you're looking to find information on where you can find the song...you might be surprised.

For instance, I once heard a piece of a song that I heard while watching A&E during a promo for one of their programs. I went to the website and decided to post on the messageboards, but I didn't even have to do that because someone else had posted the same question and another person actually answered and I found the title of the song and artist. Boom, just like that!

So if you haven't already done it, just try going to MTV's site and see if there is a messageboard for the show.

5. Elation said:

jam,

ok thanks, good idea. you're a doll

6. jamgurl7 said:

You're welcome. Good luck.