Violin-filled songs?

Thread: Violin-filled songs?

Tags: None

freddy2fan said:

Eek, this is awesome. Thanks for all the suggestions.

By the way, I adore Yellowcard, and am MAJORLY surprised no one has mentioned Andrew Bird. For shammmeee.
  2. jameyelise said:

If you like Sia Breathe me you'll love Hometown Glory by Adele

hope this helps!

freddy2fan said:

I also adore Hometown Glory
    I got the whole Adele CD, I think she's great.
  4. Ultimate DJ said:

kool thread!
    one republic has a great violin in All Fall Down. also check out the strings in Seven Lives by Enigma.

anyone no any sngs wit a violin thats either hip hop or dance/electronica? anythan wit nice beat?
    instrumental or not.

thanx!

puravida
    che

Angeliki said:

Ultimate DJ...Overnight Celebrity-Twista, K Ci and J Jo- All My Life (thats more R&B), Puff Daddy (P. Diddy, Diddy, Sean "Puffy" Combs, Sean John...whatever he calls himself)-Come With Me. There's more, but its not coming to mind right now.
    It is not good for all our wishes to be filled; thru sickness we recognize the value of health; thru evil, the value of good; thru hunger, the value of food; thru exertion, the value of rest.
  6. SayYouWill said:

Natalia Barbu - Fight

Great song with violin in it...
  7. Ultimate DJ said:

Quote Originally Posted by Angeliki View Post
    Ultimate DJ...Overnight Celebrity-Twista, K Ci and J Jo- All My Life (thats more R&B), Puff Daddy (P. Diddy, Diddy, Sean "Puffy" Combs, Sean John...whatever he calls himself)-Come With Me. There's more, but its not coming to mind right now.

Thanks for these. What about Instrumental Violin? Like a Trance/Dance song or just an Urban beat behind it?
    thats what I'd reallly like!

thank

puravida
    DJ
  8. psvtiger said:

Default Dave Matthews Band??

I'm surprised there hasn't been any mention of songs by Dave Matthews Band. Boyd Tinsley has solos in too many songs of theirs to list, but I'll mention a few favorites -- the live versions are almost always better, and usually have much longer violin jams: Tripping Billies, Louisiana Bayou, Lie in Our Graves, Ants Marching, #36, Dancing Nancies, and if you'd rather listen to a slower song, check out a live version of "Crush" (not Crash) -- Boyd does a mean solo usually at the end of that song.
  9. weeewwww said:

yehh a really good band to check out, the flobots. they have violins in nearly every song. i <3 them
  10. warakeke said:

Vampire Weekend is another one. They use vilolins in most songs but notably M79, and Walcott. (there is a really good live version of walcott on pitchfork.tv website, the violin part was re-written for it) quite possibly my favourite song which is saying something.

got the link: http://pitchfork.tv/special-presenta...weekend/part-4
  11. weeewwww said:

just thought up another one hes one of my fav artists atm - Andrew Bird. he has amazing songs and quite alot really with violins. one of my fav songs by him is 'Fake Palindromes'

freddy2fan said:

Andrew Bird is AMAZING. Have you heard his new album? Some of the songs are great.
  13. mar1212 said:

SAY GOODBYE BY SEEPEOPLES

best song easily...SUCH good violin in this song
    it's hard to find, but you can listen to a clip at this link:

http://www.pandora.com/music/song/se...es/say+goodbye
  14. random kid said:

untouched - the veronicas
  15. BuckN said:

Default Lili Hayden

Check out "Saddest Sunset" by Lili Hayden. I think its a cello, not a violin but figured I'd throw it out there because its in the "string" family.
  16. smileyjedi said:

The Verve - History a lot of the verve's stuff has orchestra tracks.

algebra said:

Not English, but russian. Assiya Ahat is a pop singer and violinist and her songs have nice beat. Look up the channel in youtube to find more songs. My favourite "Lonely Heart" :

Ассия Ахат - Одинокое сердце

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ru_84...rom=PL&index=2
    O coração da gente chega lateja
    A gente só deseja passar bem
    Com você meu bem
    No xenhenhém
    No xenhenhém
    No xenhenhém
  18. Dzone said:

Miri Ben-Ari and her album The Hip-Hop Violinist

Sibyl_Vane said:

I found a link to this while searching for lists of songs with violin in them, I'm shocked no one has mentioned "this is a lie" by the cure, at least the palmer remix has *lovely* violin through-out.
  20. carmelo166 said:

A really good artist with a lot of violin set to hip-hop beats is called black violin there songs are real good.