Violin-filled songs?

Thread: Violin-filled songs?

Tags: None
  1. gv said:

i just found this --> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2aMsQ1KgUqU in the german lyrics forum

Ligeia said:

You can try Loreena McKennitt, especially "The old ways" and "Skellig", or Mark Lanegan's songs "Carnival" and "House a home"... then there are groups like Chieftains and Altan,
    oh, and the last winner of the eurovision contest was a violin-filled song, I think the title was "fairytale".

Modena City Ramblers use violins, then there are Sorotan Bele and Lauri Tähkä, but none of these sing in english.
    "-Please tell me you're going to appeal to my humanity..."
    "-Actually, I'm planning to threaten you."

"Well, if you'll excuse me, I have work to do. Evil plots don't just make themselves, you know!"
  3. swap01 said:

beleive - yellowcard
  4. jdm4life said:

Smile skillet

hey skillet is a christian band that uses violin in almost all of their songs but some amazing songs of theirs with violin are camatose, the last night, awake and alive, collide and some others i cant remember
  5. OoItsKiwioO said:

"Operator Please" have many songs. They have a violinist so im sure this band will suit ur needs :3 Theyre reeally good too.
  6. misdemeanour said:

Default violin-filled songs

These are well known, but still, no one mentioned them, so if it's of any help, I would reccomend "Fuori dal mondo" by Ludovico Einaudi (if you got the time, you might want to listen more than this song, cuz he has amaizing works - violin included) and a great deep famous one - "Sur le fil" by Yann Tiersen.
  7. misdemeanour said:

By the way, I could really use some help..if anyone knows... At the end of the "Bent" movie there's a violin part which I haven't been able to identify... On www.imdb.com speaks only of "Streets of Berlin" by Mick Jagger, but not the violin part at the end..
    I do not necessarily reccommend, by this post, to watch the movie (it's a gay story during the World War II and the nazzi oppression), but I'm almost obssessed by the violin part at the end. Please please help me with this one!
  8. spud2466 said:

Quote Originally Posted by freddy2fan View Post
    I'm looking for songs, normal songs, with great violin in them. Songs like "The Parting of a Sensory" by Modest Mouse, "Breathe Me" by Sia, and "Twilight" by Elliott Smith.

Does anyone know of any other great songs like that?

Ava
    Try "vienna" by Ultravox.
  9. micalupagoo said:

well, Id have to say gogol bordello- gypsy punk- may not be for all of you but an amazing band- listen to wonderlust king or american wedding..... a newer hard to find band (local 2 me) blackie and the triumphs- (on myspace) is amazing (and all drinkin tunes and their amazing and most sexy violinist also plays in dehli to dublin- a cross between many music types- also great
  10. lazawal09 said:

"Crucify My Love" OST Kenshin Movie instrumental
  11. bugmenot2 said:

24 by jem
    sunshine to the rain by anthony hamilton
    waitin' on a sunny day by bruce springsteen
    apologize by onerepublic
  12. pianoman74 said:

(Late) Anne Clark - "If I Could (Main Mix)" comes to mind.
    Beginning of 1990s. Outstanding violin work by Ida Baalsrud (who also co-wrote this song)