Learning Bulgarian language

Thread: Learning Bulgarian language

Tags: None

Bolonka said:

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by Stela View Post
    Bolonka for the female names the ending is -ка. For example: Мария - Марийка, Галя - Галка, Гергана - Герганка. But when you talk to them, you should say: Марийке, Галке, Герганке... For male names we didn't use it otften, but Румен - Руменчо, Иван - Иванчо, Галин - Галинчо. So, the ending is -чо. But not always. When the name ends with -о, like Христо, you can't use the ending -чо. The letter
    -о plays that role.
    What about men's names ending in -a?
    thanks again

2. masarra said:

Bolonka, thanks for your help! I understand (=

Bolonka said:

Hmmm maybe I have too many questions but I am confused with the word lipsvam.
    Lipsvam te means I miss you and lipsvash mi means You miss me, right?
    Thanks

4. masarra said:

^ That was explained here http://www.allthelyrics.com/forum/sl...ian-music.html

It's a very confusing verb, it's the same in Serbian (nedostajes mi), I think in Slavic languages they just say it that way!

Stela said:

Bolonka the ending –chica is using really rare. It’s possible to say to somebody like that but we didn’t use it. Irenka sounds more beautiful(my opinion  ).

About men’s names ending in –a – we don’t have. These are female names ending with –a.

Lipsvam te – hmm.. he he  It’s not correct. Lipsvash mi – correct. But Lipsvam ti means that I miss to you…

Bolonka said:

About men’s names ending in –a – we don’t have. These are female names ending with –a.
    Hmm but what about the man's name Kala? Sorry for bothering you but I am just very querious about it Thanks

Stela said:

Kala ?! I'm hearing that name for the first time - honestly. There are bulgarian man's names - Kaloian, Kalin, but Kala ... I'm not really sure. It's possible to have - but not in Bulgaria

Edit: I've lied you - Nikola is a man name ending with -a. Then you can call him Nikolcho. It's the same with Kala - Kalcho

alp_er said:

hello friends im confused with that :
    for example as u explained stela in past tense
    the rule is common for every verb? or there are spesific verbs tho?
    i mean like
    iskah , zabravih? obichah? :S are they correct?

Stela said:

I really need help here to explain that 'Cause there are differences between them which I can't explain. That's a grammatic that I've studied 10 - 12 years ago.
    I can conjugate you these verbs:

Iskam /-am/ - present
    Sg Pl
    1.Az iskam 1.Nie iskame
    2.Ti iskash 2.Vie iskate
    3.Toi/ Tia/ To iska 3.Te iskat

Iskah - past tense
    Sg Pl
    1.Az iskah 1.Nie iskahme
    2.Ti iskashe 2.Vie iskahte
    3.Toi/ Tia/ To iskaha 3.Te iskaha

The verb "obicham"/-am/ is conjugating like the verb "iskam"/-am/

"zabraviam"/-iam/
    Present tense
    Sg Pl
    1.Az zabraviam 1.Nie zabraviame
    2.Ti zabraviash 2.Vie zabraviate
    3.Toi/ Tq/ To zabravia 3.Te zabraviat

Past tense
    Sg Pl
    1.Az zabravih 1.Nie zabravihme
    2.Ti zabravi 2.Vie zabravihte
    3.Toi/ Tia/ To zabravi 3.Te zabraviha

I can help only with conjugating the verbs

alp_er said:

hmm i can say i got the idea i'll see more examples surfing on the net ,thank u

Bolonka said:

Kala ?! I'm hearing that name for the first time - honestly. There are bulgarian man's names - Kaloian, Kalin, but Kala ... I'm not really sure. It's possible to have - but not in Bulgaria
    It's funny because I know two bulgarian guys from Sofia and all their friends call them Kala. Although, oh I am sorry to confuse you, you are right - their full name is really Kaloyan. But thank you 1000 times

Stela said:

Bolonka you can say to Kaloyan also Koko

Bolonka said:

OOOOOOOOOO!!!! wow!! I really like it!!! It sounds really funny, I am sure they will like it! It's a real pity I didn't know that before

Stela said:

I have a colleague named Kaloyan and we call him Koko

Bolonka said:

Yes, I really like it! I will check if my friend will like it
    Can somebody please tell something also about future time in Bulgarian language, because everybody discuss only the past. Pleaaaaaaaaase

veronika_pooh said:

The future tence(бъдеще) in bulgarian is formed with the part 'shte'/'ще' Like for example :
    Ще излизаме ли тази вечер?-R we going out tonight?
    Ще те чакам.-I will wait for U.
    Утре ще вали.-It will rain tomorrow.

I hope it's more clear now
    !!!Ζήσε κάθε σου στιγμή η ζωή φεύγει με χίλια!!!

Bolonka said:

Thanks Veronika a lot!
    And I have a lot of questions again concerning Bulgarian language . Mainly with the words "spre". It is used as "да спре", "да спра" but I dont quiet understand it meaning. Could someone halp me with it, please!!

Bolonka said:

Quote Originally Posted by veronika_pooh View Post
    The future tence(бъдеще) in bulgarian is formed with the part 'shte'/'ще' Like for example :
    Ще излизаме ли тази вечер?-R we going out tonight?
    Ще те чакам.-I will wait for U.
    Утре ще вали.-It will rain tomorrow.

I hope it's more clear now
    And if I want to say that I will still wait for you I have to say Още ще те чакам? - sounds not quiet good for me....

Bolonka said:

I really promose not to be so nasty in the future but I have one more very polite request could someone check this few sentences for my ffriend please.
    В момента сидя и се чудя какво е наш брат, какво прави? Какво е твойта работа? Липсваш.... (I dont know how to say we miss you very much). Чакам (when) мога да срештна те пак.
    And how do you say in Bulgarian "my dear"? Thanks in advance very very very and veeeeeeery much for any kind of help.
    Целувки

veronika_pooh said:

Quote Originally Posted by Bolonka View Post
    Thanks Veronika a lot!
    And I have a lot of questions again concerning Bulgarian language . Mainly with the words "spre". It is used as "да спре", "да спра" but I dont quiet understand it meaning. Could someone halp me with it, please!!
    да спре-is in middle like Кажи му да спре-Tell him to stop/Време е дъждът да спре-It's time for the rain to stop
    да спра is when U talk bout ur self.Отидох да спра машината-I went to stop the mashine/Тя ми каза да спра да плача-She told me to stop crying

Is it more clear now?
    !!!Ζήσε κάθε σου στιγμή η ζωή φεύγει με χίλια!!!