Learning Bulgarian language

Thread: Learning Bulgarian language

Tags: None
  1. I'm unstoppable said:

P.C. Even if you want to see some lyrics translated into English, write me :P

2. lucia9 said:

zdravei! kak ste?
    i need some sentences translated into bulgarian...beacuse this summer i am going to bulgaria and i would like to speak with my boyfriend granparents!...i hope they aren't so much!
    if you could write them in singular and plural it would be great! i mean to write you (ti) and you (vie)

1. I would like to know bulgarian to be able to talk with you.
    2. what is the typical bulgarian food?
    3. Batak seems to my village
    4. have you always been living in this village?
    5. How was Niko when he was young?
    6. Thank you very much for treating us so well.
    7. I hope to see you soon in Spain or Bulgaria
    8. I would like to invite you to have meal
    9. At what time do you usually have meal/dinner?
    10. What do you think about Spain/spanish people?

thank you very much in advance!!=)))
    ["Comment veux-tu qu'la terre tourne à l'endroit si nos cerveaux marchent à l'envers man?"]··

NyLoN_BoY said:

1. I would like to know bulgarian to be able to talk with you. - Bih iskala da znam bulgarski i da govorq s teb/vas/
    2. what is the typical bulgarian food? - kakva e tipichnata bulgarska hrana?
    3. Batak seems to my village - I can`t understand this one, sorry
    4. have you always been living in this village? - vinagi li si zhivjala / ste zhivjali/ v tova selo?
    5. How was Niko when he was young? - kakav beshe niko kato malak?
    6. Thank you very much for treating us so well. - blagodarja vi (ti) mnogo, che se otnasjash / otnasjate/ dobre s men/ nas
    7. I hope to see you soon in Spain or Bulgaria. - Nadjavam se da se vidim skoro v Ispanija ili Bulgarija.
    8. I would like to invite you to have meal. - Bih iskala da vi pokanja na objad/vecherja
    9. At what time do you usually have meal/dinner? - V kolko chasa obiknoveno objadvate/vecherjate
    10. What do you think about Spain/spanish people? - Kakvo mislite /mislish/ za Ispanija/ ispancite

4. lucia9 said:

mnogo ti blagoderq nylon boy!! but could you write the sentences in cyrilic alphabet? it's better for me to read that way! =)
    ["Comment veux-tu qu'la terre tourne à l'endroit si nos cerveaux marchent à l'envers man?"]··

tedinkyyy said:

Quote Originally Posted by lucia9 View Post
    mnogo ti blagoderq nylon boy!! but could you write the sentences in cyrilic alphabet? it's better for me to read that way! =)
    lucia I just wanna correct u that we say"благодАря" not "blagoderq"

3. Batak seems to my village - Батак прилича на моето село.If u meant "Batak parece a mi pueblo".
    Eins.. hier kommt die Sonne
    Zwei..hier kommt die Sonne
    Drei.. hier kommt die Sonne
    Vier
    Fünf
    Sechs
    Sieben..
    Acht..
    Neun.....
    Ich hab' keine Lust.

6. lucia9 said:

oh! thank you for correcting me tedinkyyy...i don't really know how to write bulgarian properly...
    do you know spanish language??! well...with Batak, i meant what you just said, "Batak SE parece a mi pueblo"

PROPEL said:

i love the bulgarian language

I know its random, but I just wanted to say it

I love writing it, speaking it, SINGING IT (MALINA), and mostly, listening to it

lopatka said:

They are from Batak? Cool, I've never been there, but I've heard it's was beautiful village :] It's an important historical place, too :P

@Propel: I've got a question for you :P You've heard Russian, right? Does it sound the same as Bulgarian, or you can clearly hear a difference? Many people in Canada think I speak Russian when they hear me speaking Bulgarian and that was bugging me for a while :] .. well, others swear that I speak French and not Bulgarian, but that's another topic
    Ungir kallar, kátir kallar, gangið upp á gólv dansið lystilig!

PROPEL said:

hey lopatka!!

I can useually tell the difference between Russian and Bulgarian. They sometimes sound similar, but they do have a definate difference.

--I'll try and find something for you, hold on

PROPEL said:

Lopatka,

Here are 2 different interviews (1 in Bulgarian, and 1 in Russian)

Listen to one, then listen to the other. You can VERY MUCH hear the difference between Russian and Bulgarian.

bulgarian : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QBff0EgmLPU

russian : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qzHfeHQowLI

Can you tell the difference?

lopatka said:

I can, for sure .. because I'm Bulgarian and I know that they are not the same. It is true that we share at least 40% of our vocabulary, but our pronunciation is toootally different :P I was just wondering if it really sounds so similar for people who do not speak a Slavic language. Thanks [these were some weird interviews, btw :P ]
    Ungir kallar, kátir kallar, gangið upp á gólv dansið lystilig!

12. lucia9 said:

[QUOTE=lopatka;565248]They are from Batak? Cool, I've never been there, but I've heard it's was beautiful village :] It's an important historical place, too :P

well...my boyfriend is from Vrana, but his grandparents live in Batak...he told me that there are two Bataks...the historical one and a small village "near" Sofia...i think i am going to the small one...!!

Maya_BG said:

Quote Originally Posted by lopatka View Post
    They are from Batak? Cool, I've never been there, but I've heard it's was beautiful village :] It's an important historical place, too :P

@Propel: I've got a question for you :P You've heard Russian, right? Does it sound the same as Bulgarian, or you can clearly hear a difference? Many people in Canada think I speak Russian when they hear me speaking Bulgarian and that was bugging me for a while :] .. well, others swear that I speak French and not Bulgarian, but that's another topic
    hahaha french ha Well they really sound similar but bg and rs have a lot of differences Rs have 30 cases and that makes it hard to learn. By the way do you know what means "lopatka" in Bg :P lopatka=лопатка=rake

P.S. Браво на всички, които се опитват да помогнат на чужденците да научат прекрасния ни език!

PROPEL said:

yes, everyone here has helped me SO much with learning bulgarian!

BLAGODARIYA!!!!

tedinkyyy said:

Няма защо, пак заповядай did u understand
    Eins.. hier kommt die Sonne
    Zwei..hier kommt die Sonne
    Drei.. hier kommt die Sonne
    Vier
    Fünf
    Sechs
    Sieben..
    Acht..
    Neun.....
    Ich hab' keine Lust.

Maya_BG said:

PROPEL napredvash Bravo

17. I'm unstoppable said:

Here Lucia 9. I hope that I will answer your requirements

1. I would like to know bulgarian to be able to talk with you.
    Sn: Ще ми се да зная Български, за да мога да разговарям с теб.
    Pl:Ще ми се да зная Български, за да мога да разговарям с Вас.

2. what is the typical bulgarian food?
    Каква е типичната българска храна?

Here one more question:
    Could you recommend me to taste any of your national dishes?
    Sn:Можеш ли да ми препоръчаш да опитам някое от твоите национални ястия?
    Pl:Можете ли да ми препоръчате да опитам някое от Вашите национални ястия?

3. Batak seems to my village - I think this sentence is wrong. Here the correct:
    'Batak and my village are very alike'
    Батак и моето село си приличат много.
    or 'Batak is like my village'
    Батак е като моето село.

4. have you always been living in this village?
    Sn: Винаги ли си живял в това село?
    Pl: Винаги ли сте живяли в това село?

5. How was Niko when he was young?
    Какъв бе Нико като млад?

Here one more : What kind of person was Niko when he was young?
    Що за човек беше Нико, когато бе малък?

(бе and беше are one and the same thing, but the 1st is the short form)

6. Thank you very much for treating us so well.
    Sn: Благодаря ти много, че се отнасяш така добре с нас.
    Pl: Благодаря Ви много, че се отнасяте така добре с нас.

7. I hope to see you soon in Spain or Bulgaria
    Sn: Надявам се да те видя скоро в Испания или в България.
    Pl: Надявам се да Ви видя скоро в Испания или в България.

8. I would like to invite you to have meal - here, the indefinite article was missed by you, I mean 'to have A meal'
    Sn: Ще ми се да те поканя на закуска/обяд/вечеря. (in BG meal can mean а breakfast/а lunch/а dinner, according to the tеxt, like in English)
    Pl: Ще ми се да Ви поканя на закуска/обяд/вечеря.

9. At what time do you usually have meal/dinner?
    Sn: По кое време обикновено закусваш/обядваш/вечеряш?
    Pl: По кое време обикновено закусвате/обядвате/вечеряте?

10. What do you think about Spain/spanish people?
    Sn: Какво мислиш за Испания/ Испанците/ испанския народ?
    Pl: Какво мислите за Испания/ Испанците/ испанския народ?

(Испанците are men and women, native of Spain, but испанския народ is the Spanish nation. Испания is Spain)

I hope that you will understand them. If you have some questions, ask and I will try to explain them. :P Hasta luego muchacha.
    C'est la vie!

18. I'm unstoppable said:

Propel (Nasil sim? ), well done. I see that you're advanced in Bulgarian Language. Keep learning it and some day you will speak our mother language like a native bulgarian. :P beni anliyor musun aynen devam et :P
    C'est la vie!

19. lucia9 said:

oh thank you very much for writing them this way "I'm unstoppable"!! now it's time for me to study them! rally you did a great job! gracias!!!=)))
    i see you know a bit of every language!!:P

20. I'm unstoppable said:

de nada Lucia9 I hope that it was useful for you
    C'est la vie!