Learning Bulgarian language

Thread: Learning Bulgarian language

Tags: None

PROPEL said:

Quote Originally Posted by sweety_09 View Post
    yeah i'm sorry once again
    I'm usually soooo absentminded that it is not a surprise that i have dropped letters...i do it very often.don't blame me
    Btw,zise kakvo ozna4ava tova,koeto si napisal na "location" i na kakav ezik e,4e ne6to ne mi izglejda poznato
    hahah
    i think that everyone has done that 9349384934938 times..

and i wasnt mocking you!

you made me laugh, so. i laughed. AHAH

but i'd have to agree with rsiscar, that was a really good disscussion on the nishto ne e svarshilo thing.
    for some odd weird reason, it makes me want to learn bulgarian more. haha

rsiscar said:

here you can find a list with some of the Traditional Bulgarian Stories.I hope they are not difficult for you i will keep looking for some more

(here is the link):
    http://www.slovo.bg/showauthor.php3?ID=16&LangID=1

and if you need some "more childish",i've just found this site:
    http://www.dechica.com/prikazki/

and here there are stories for listening:
    http://www.dechica.com/prikazki/audio/audio_tales.htm

много благодая sweety_09. i love that i can read along to the audio in dechica.com with the slovo.bg site. I do love the simple children's book. It is easier to process and easier to follow. I have tried reading "pod igoto" and it's too big of a book to tackle for a newbie.

PROPEL said:

VERONIKA_POOH.
    i got more sentences!! YAY.

1. The woman is here.
    жената е тук

2.I don't want.
    не искам

3.She is just happy.
    она е само щастлива (ог щастлив) HAHA, i dont know (SHE) so i just used the russian she because i only knew that. HAHA

those sentences are worthless, but their something. hhaha

sweety_09 said:

Аз(I)
    Ти(you)
    Той(he)
    Тя(she)
    То(it-neuter gender)
    Ние(we)
    Вие(you-plural and formal)
    Те(they)

These are the personal pronouns in Bulgarian.So the last sentence is:"Тя е просто щастлива"."Само" doesn't sound good to me so i changed it
    The first two are correct

P.P. i hope you don't mind my answer,as i'm not Veronika
    Само слабите се стремят към порядък-силните владеят хаоса

rsiscar said:

can "само" also mean "just"? I thought it means "only".

sweety_09 said:

it means both things..depends on the sentence.
    Само слабите се стремят към порядък-силните владеят хаоса

PROPEL said:

Аз(I)
    Ти(you)
    Той(he)
    Тя(she)
    То(it-neuter gender)
    Ние(we)
    Вие(you-plural and formal)
    Те(they)

These are the personal pronouns in Bulgarian.So the last sentence is:"Тя е просто щастлива"."Само" doesn't sound good to me so i changed it
    The first two are correct

P.P. i hope you don't mind my answer,as i'm not Veronika

ahhahhah, it's ok that you answered.
    i'll just pretend your veronika. HAHAH

thanks!!but could i use samo in that sentence?

PROPEL said:

i have a question.

when do i use. ти or още

veronika_pooh said:

ти means "you"...what do u mean when u use it, usualy when u talk to someone else
    още means "more" for example "Do u want more fruits?"-"Искаш ли още плодове" or "I need some more time" - "Нуждая се от още малко време"
    it means also "still" - "He is still a child"- "Той е още дете" οr "I'm still not getting this"- "Все още не разбирам това"

I hope u r getting this
    !!!Ζήσε κάθε σου στιγμή η ζωή φεύγει με χίλια!!!

PROPEL said:

soo like in malina's song (hahh)
    още палиш = you still kindle..... още would mean you still?

i get what ти is.
    i get it... but im kindof confused.. ahah

Lyssa said:

hey I'm new here, and I'd like to learn bulgarian, especially because I'm going there for holidays next month =)

I tried to find some basics sentences, but how do I know where is the accent? Is it like everytime on the same syllabe? Can I be understood even if I don't stress the right syllabe?

And I have a few questions:

1/ To ask if someone speaks French you say: Говорите ли ... ? (don't know the word for "french")
    2/ How would you say: " Where is the street XYZ ? " " How do I reach XYZ? " "What's the shortest way to go to XYZ? " & "to the right" "to the left" ?

and I'm interest in history and culture so I'd like to know what's really worth to be seen near to Pomorie? (that's where I'll stay lol) A friend recommanded Nessebar^^

Hope my english is not too bad XD

veronika_pooh said:

Quote Originally Posted by PROPEL View Post
    soo like in malina's song (hahh)
    още палиш = you still kindle..... още would mean you still?

i get what ти is.
    i get it... but im kindof confused.. ahah
    yes,absolutelly right
    well u will be confused untill u learn it,that is normalKeep asking and it will keep getting clearer

veronika_pooh said:

Quote Originally Posted by Lyssa View Post
    hey I'm new here, and I'd like to learn bulgarian, especially because I'm going there for holidays next month =)

I tried to find some basics sentences, but how do I know where is the accent? Is it like everytime on the same syllabe? Can I be understood even if I don't stress the right syllabe?

And I have a few questions:

1/ To ask if someone speaks French you say: Говорите ли ... ? (don't know the word for "french")
    2/ How would you say: " Where is the street XYZ ? " " How do I reach XYZ? " "What's the shortest way to go to XYZ? " & "to the right" "to the left" ?

and I'm interest in history and culture so I'd like to know what's really worth to be seen near to Pomorie? (that's where I'll stay lol) A friend recommanded Nessebar^^

Hope my english is not too bad XD
    1/ Говорите ли френски?(frenski)

2/ Where is the street XYZ ? - Kade e ulitza XYZ?-Къде е улица ...?

How do I reach XYZ? - Kak da stigna do XYZ? - Как да стигна до...?

What's the shortest way to go to XYZ? " & "to the right" "to the left" - Koi e nai-prekiat pat do XYZ? / na diasno/ na liavo - Кой е най-прекият път до ...?/ на дясно/ на ляво

For the other quetions Pomorie is right next to my nome city Burgas, which I love with all my heart and will recomend u to visit it tooNesebar is beautiful too, expecially the old town, Ravda too it's right next to Nesebar...the hostory of these cotys can't be tell in a few sentenses,our country is really old and has rich and interesting history,u can check in the net for something or ask a specific question cause it's impossibl;e for me to tell everything hereOur country is really beautiful but in this area u r going to be there is only a lil part of everything u can see here,I don't like it that much in the summer cause it's full of people but there is no other way,so I hope u will enjoy ur vacantion despite all this. French unfortunately is spoken not so much here but english on the other hand is really popular so I think u won't have problem speaking in english
    If there r any other thing u want to know feel free to ask me

Lyssa said:

thanks for the quick answer =)

Yes I know it's hard to tell in a few sentences ! It's just that I don't know much about Bulgaria's "highlights" and as I can hardly visit the whole country in a few days, I'm searching the "must" near to my staying place. Maybe I'll go there another time to complete^^

French is nearly spoken nowhere =S I don't know is German well-known?
    If not I'll have to teach some english haha

PROPEL said:

Quote Originally Posted by veronika_pooh View Post
    yes,absolutelly right
    well u will be confused untill u learn it,that is normalKeep asking and it will keep getting clearer
    ok. hahah

sooo.... още would mean like "you...(verb) or you..(adverb) or something.."
    like... you still, you will..

or something like that?

veronika_pooh said:

Quote Originally Posted by PROPEL View Post
    ok. hahah

sooo.... още would mean like "you...(verb) or you..(adverb) or something.."
    like... you still, you will..

or something like that?
    Mmmm,I'm not sure I understood you right "още" can never be a verb....

Lyssa said:

^^ I don't know which country is alike, am I right in thinking one one side there is the sea and one the other there are mountains?

Yeah everybody we asked, they all went to Goldstrand and Sonnenstrand, that's on the north of Pomorie if I'm right! When we booked our flight , we
    were told to be on the newest place with the less people end everything just finished (in the hotel - hope it's already build when we arrive XD)
    There are some people who can't behave when they're on holidays so it's better to be on the "calm" side I guess...

Just thinked about a question, I read somewhere you say "Merci" in bulgarian? and there's another word eh blagodaria? Is there any difference between them?

veronika_pooh said:

Pomorie meiner meinung nach ist viel besser als Sonnenstrand oder Goldstrand,wo es zu vial Leute gibt.Es ist klein and "calm"
    Und es gibt keine Unterschide zwishen "mersi" und "blagodaria".Wir gebrauchen die beide worter

Lyssa said:

okay =) dann wird es auch erholsamer Urlaub ^^
    gibt viele Wörter die klingen wie in französisch! Frag mich warum XD

PROPEL said:

Quote Originally Posted by veronika_pooh View Post
    Mmmm,I'm not sure I understood you right "още" can never be a verb....
    uhh. i didnt mean that. hahah

i ment like, you would use oshte for like you (something)
    like you still... or something like that.

right?.. maybe?