Learning Bulgarian language

Thread: Learning Bulgarian language

Tags: None

eXtremnata said:

Quote Originally Posted by PROPEL View Post
    i was told that още те обичам and обичам те още mean the same thing.
    well literally/when you take it word by word it will mean "i love you still".

BUT- I still love you, AND I love you still = mean the same thing, it's just a different word order.
    "Аз обичам те още" is incorrect, if you use "Аз" it has to be " аз още те обичам"
    "още те обичам" and "обичам те още" are correct (note that you have no "Аз" here)
    did you understand me

PROPEL said:

i dont use "az".
    that's why i said "още те обичам and обичам те още mean the same thing"

but i didnt know that if you use "az obicham te oshte" is incorrect.
    just wondering, why is it incorrect?

is it because you have "i i love" together? literally?

eXtremnata said:

Аз обичам те още is incorrect because of the WORD ORDER it's accepted to say аз още те обичам

but where did you see " I I love" ? Translated word by word literally they mean
    Аз обичам те още - I love you still
    аз още те обичам - I still love you
    where is this "i i love" witch you were talking about ?

PROPEL said:

well if you take the word meaning directly,
    "az obicham te oshte"
    Az=I
    Obicham=I love
    Te=You
    Oshte=Still.

If you have "Az obicham...."
    It would literally mean "I i love"

right? or am i just going insane?

eXtremnata said:

"Obicham" is a diferent case, [обичам] is [love]
    it's only like that in english. when you say it in bulgarian thete is no {I I love}becouse ot the "аз"! "az obicham" means "i love", not {i i love}
    if you say "обичам да пия водка" in english it will be "I love drinking vodka", not {I I love drinking vodka}. note there is no "az"обичам да пия водка but in english we have "I love drinking vodka". no such thing as {I I love} in bulgarian.
    Душата ми не е пътека- да минеш и да си заминеш.... Душата ми не е камина- да се стоплиш и да си отидеш.. Душата ми е Божи храм- влезеш ли оставаш там!

eXtremnata said:

az obi4am = i love ( not I I love)
    obicham = i love
    az oshte te obicham = i still love you
    obicham te oshte= i still love you
    Душата ми не е пътека- да минеш и да си заминеш.... Душата ми не е камина- да се стоплиш и да си отидеш.. Душата ми е Божи храм- влезеш ли оставаш там!

PROPEL said:

OOOHHH.

so if you have AZ infront of OBICHAM it means=I LOVE
    if you have OBICHAM it means = i love also right?

eXtremnata said:

yes

PROPEL said:

ok good

haha

thanks for explaning it to me

eXtremnata said:

you are welcome ))

IniMini said:

You don't have 'i i love' when you say "az obicham te". You can say "az obicham" when you want to emphasize on AZ but it isn't necessary. "Az obicham te oshte" is really incorrect. It just doesn't sound bulgarian. That's a language peculiarity...
    And when you want to say 'az te obicham' with no AZ you can't just say 'te obicham' because 'te' has no own accent and can't be at the beginning of the sentence.

eXtremnata said:

you'll get him confused we cleared out what he can say and what he can't I'm bulgarian and even I got confused
    "[ And when you want to say 'az te obicham' with no AZ you can't just say 'te obicham' because 'te' has no own accent and can't be at the beginning of the sentence.]"

az te obicham with no "az" will become "obicham te"

PROPEL said:

Quote Originally Posted by eXtremnata View Post
    you'll get him confused we cleared out what he can say and what he can't I'm bulgarian and even I got confused
    "[ And when you want to say 'az te obicham' with no AZ you can't just say 'te obicham' because 'te' has no own accent and can't be at the beginning of the sentence.]"

az te obicham with no "az" will become "obicham te"
    hahah i know!
    its not a good idea to get me confused.
    i just got it cleared out, so dont mess it up!
    hahah

eXtremnata said:

if you get messed up we'll clear it out again don't worry

PROPEL said:

Quote Originally Posted by eXtremnata View Post
    if you get messed up we'll clear it out again don't worry
    hahah yeah.
    it'll just take another 3 pages.

eXtremnata said:

only 3 ? :P

17. sleazy123 said:

Hi everyone! Hope this is the right place for such a question, and - more important - hope it hasn't been already answered! I searched a bit, but to no avail, so.....

I noticed that - more often than not - the letter Л is pronounced like W instead of L. Is there a rule to determine exactly WHEN Л is 'w' or 'l'? I guess it also depends on the area one comes from?!
    thanks....

eXtremnata said:

I can't think of a word in bulgarian in wich "л" is pronounsed like an other letter, give un example i think you have it wrong , or heard wrong..."л" is always "л"

19. sleazy123 said:

well, I often heard 'blagodarya' sound more like 'bwagodarya'..... In that song by Sonia Nemska, 'ako ti se plache', it sounds more like 'ako ti se pWache'....

In Ilian's 'tarkiati', 'Хасковски дилари всики са тук' sounds like 'haskovski diLari vsi4ki....', however, my bulgarian friends often say 'diWari'.....

Anyway, I searched a bit, it turns out it's something called labiovelar approximant, or l-vocalization.... more info here:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bulgari...zed_consonants
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/L-vocalization

20. pitbull_toma said:

I live in Haskovo city ... SLEAZY123 the letter "Л" always is "Л" (from our alphabet) but sometimes we pronounce it harder or softer. And here you will ask me - "When can I pronounce this letter harder and when softer ?". When "Л" is before a consonant letter/sound then you should pronounce it harder and when it is before a vowel letter/sound - you should pronounce it softer. You will learn yourself of that when you start speaking bulgarian language more often. I hope that you will understand it.