Learning Romanian language

Thread: Learning Romanian language

Tags: None

Night Wish said:

Where are you guys? No one wrote anything for so many days! I admit i have so much work to do...and right now can't dedicate some time for learning...but still i check for new replies here..!!!! I hope see you soon...or better read you soon!!!
    Comparing to eternity this life is only the wink of the butterfly's wings....

2. mcgirl said:

Hi Nightwish...I too have been busy and not had time for studying. Although I did go to the zoo today with my son and his father...it was a beautiful afternoon. Maybe there is chance for us! I hope you are well and happy. Let's get to studying soon...bine?

Night Wish said:

I'm soooo happy to hear that MCGIRL....really...I'm fine...still a bit in mess in my life...but there is a progress...finaly can see changes and of course those changes are leading toward my happiness I hope...! But still i'm so busy at my job...and of course i will continue studying Romanian...I'm sending you my positive thoughts and best wishes to all of you guys...And I'm here...!!!!

Night Wish said:

Hej guys...! Geez all of you are so busy as it seems...Just wanted to say hello and to say that i'm making progress in learning Romanian...with the help of some Guides I have downloaded and with help of that person very dear to me...but I must admit that is veeeeery difficult to learn a language without hearing it...because I have no idea how it sounds when you speak some words or statements..!My will to learn your language is even more stronger now !!!!
    See you soon I hope...! Pupici....

Night Wish said:

And IGREC wanted to tell you that your avatar is suuuper...I like it !!!!

6. dya said:

Hello Night Wish Yeah, it's kind of a busy period and as you see I haven't had the time to write any new information in here. Sorry....

And I definitely agree that it's dificult to learn a language without hearing it. You need one of those courses that also have audio files. Even if you don't hear all the phrases/words you want to hear, at least you hear more than what's said in songs. As you can see the vocabulary in songs is pretty repetitive so, yes, it's VERY useful, but from a point on... you need more than this.

Also you could ask that dear person of yours to pronounce the words that trouble you The advantage is that he can also correct your pronounciation which is not possible when listening to songs or audio files in courses.

Have a wonderful day

7. dya said:

And, of course, congratulations for your progress Isn't it a nice feeling when you start to actually realise that you can speak and understand a new language?

Night Wish said:

Thanks DYA for nice wishes...and yes is nice to realize that i can speak and understand a new language...I have that guide with pronounciations that might help me...and he is gladly helping me to learn some new words and how to pronounce them...I wish you too a wonderful day...and please take your time...if you are busy , that is not a problem....really...as i have so much to work on my job...we have all the time in the world...Hope you are fine...i'm sending you positive thoughts and best wishes...!!!!

9. Lenka said:

Default hey:)

One quick question for you

How can i say in your beautiful language "I really appreciate what you are doing for me" Or "I really appreciate your help."

I wanna thank some guy, he is helping me with some important paper work.

Multumesc!

mister Xazos said:

I really appreciate what you are doing for me = Apreciez foarte mult ceea ce faci (sg)/ faceţi (pl) pentru mine.

I really appreciate your help = Chiar apreciez ajutorul tău (sg) / vostru (pl)

Cu plăcere Lenka
    Πάρε φιλιά, πάρε καρδιά και μη νοιαστείς για μένα.
    Πάρε ό,τι ζει κι άσε με εκεί
    μόνο στο τίποτα...

mister Xazos said:

Quote Originally Posted by Night Wish View Post
    And IGREC wanted to tell you that your avatar is suuuper...I like it !!!!
    Salut. Merci. Ce faci Night Wish ?
    How are you doing with Romanian ? I wait an answer in Romanian of course.
    O seară plăcută .
    μόνο στο τίποτα...

Night Wish said:

Multumesc Igrec ...sunt bine...putin obosita...
    I'm making some progress with Romanian...managed to find some help on the net...but just about now have sooooo much work...so much to finish at my job...some serious projects...but i'm fully dedicated to my learning of your language...and as i finish those duties i will continue learning...and in my my private life i have so much problems so i really can't find the time for learning...but I'm here as i said already...ready to learn !!!!

ana1228 said:

Romanian is easier if you are from familliar with any of the romance languages, because we share many words in common.
    Those who mind, don't matter. Those who matter, don't mind!

mister Xazos said:

Quote Originally Posted by ana1228 View Post
    Romanian is easier if you are from familliar with any of the romance languages, because we share many words in common.
    You're right on the first view, but Romanian has an athropololgic part formed by slavic languages like a 15% which is not unforgetable.
    But If someone decide to learn Romanian and she/he knows French very good, then learning Romanian it would be a pleasure because like 30% french words "invaded" our language and now they are used as beeing part of Romanian.
    Grammar can be compared with Greek, but with a little work and wish you succed in speaking Romanian.

Anyway girls, you have here a team formed by 2 Romanian teachers (Dya & Emi) who can solve any problem. I may help you too, but my explanations aren't like their. I'm good with lyrism part

O zi cīt mai frumoasă !
    μόνο στο τίποτα...

Night Wish said:

Uuuuuhhh...I'm not sure if something, like any language can help me to learn easier Romanian...because, for ex I have learnt Italian and that caaaan't help me at all ...especialy in pronounciations ...but I have a really good will to learn...and unfortinately didn't take chance to learn French...but who knows...maybe I will...and I have learnt Latin in my high school...that might help me a bit...just a bit
    I have a question for you igrec since you are the one to ask for help in lyrism...I've been wandering..."...darling you know I'll love you till the end of time..." These lines are from one song...that part till the end of time make me to be curious : how that would be translated? Because in my language that could be translated but we don't use that expression at all...How's that sounds in Romanian....
    OK...this was not short reply... Pupici....

16. dya said:

Hello, Night Wish

Italian should help you because many words resemble. as for pronounciation... no matter how two languages resemble, each has its own way of pronouncing, its own intonation and accent.

Latin should be of much help since Romanian is a latin language. The slavic part stays mostly in the vocabulary.

I'll let Igrec translate that phrase in a poetic way cause I can't come up with something too good now.

My first instinct would be:
    till the end of time-- la infinit/ la nesfârșit/ pe veci.

And of course: întotdeauna/ mereu --always

Igreeeecccc!!!! Make it sound poetic!!

mister Xazos said:

I've heard my name here...

"...darling you know I'll love you till the end of time..."
    In my version would sound :
    1."Dragul meu, nici măcar timpul nu va învinge dragostea ce ţi-o port"
    or
    2." Dragul meu, dragostea mea pentru tine învinge şi pietre, şi mare, şi univers, şi timp"
    or
    3."Dragul meu, timpul a renunţat să se lupte cu o dragoste atît de mare precum ce pe care ţi-o port"

Want more ?
    μόνο στο τίποτα...

ana1228 said:

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by igrec View Post
    You're right on the first view, but Romanian has an athropololgic part formed by slavic languages like a 15% which is not unforgetable.
    But If someone decide to learn Romanian and she/he knows French very good, then learning Romanian it would be a pleasure because like 30% french words "invaded" our language and now they are used as beeing part of Romanian.
    Grammar can be compared with Greek, but with a little work and wish you succed in speaking Romanian.

Anyway girls, you have here a team formed by 2 Romanian teachers (Dya & Emi) who can solve any problem. I may help you too, but my explanations aren't like their. I'm good with lyrism part

O zi cīt mai frumoasă !
    Eu stiu romaneste.. si cand am zis ca limba noastra e mai usor daca stii unele din limbele romantic ma referam la franceza, spaniola, portuegeza, italiana, ca toate sunt din limba latina... Also Romania kept alot of latin words... but anywho good job guys for this site.
    Those who mind, don't matter. Those who matter, don't mind!

mister Xazos said:

Ştiu la ce te refereai Ana dragă, eu am chiar făcut referire la limba franceză . Da... Felicitări fetelor ! Brava Dya, Brava Layla, Brava Emi, şi scuze dacă am uitat pe cineva...

O zi cît mai plăcută.
    μόνο στο τίποτα...

Night Wish said:

Muuuuultumesc for translations....
    By the way all that I have learnt so far...in a term of languages will help me...I agree with you...and I rely on that of course...Really ... THANK YOU for existing here...! So ...Italian, latin, Serbian, Russian, English...a little bit of all of them...hmmmm...could be something helpful...!