Learning Romanian language

Thread: Learning Romanian language

Tags: None

louchi said:

ohh thx for the correction ... sorry i mis-typed it
    but i have to tell u that this letter in "mul*t*umesc" the one that look like t ... well my pc doesn't recognise it ... it shows a square instead ș

mister Xazos said:

Louchi, you can set your keyboard to recognize it and to be able to write with diacritics.
    Πάρε φιλιά, πάρε καρδιά και μη νοιαστείς για μένα.
    Πάρε ό,τι ζει κι άσε με εκεί
    μόνο στο τίποτα...

3. willdawg840 said:

Or if keyboard language doesn't work, you might have to find another language pack. But it should work. They should be in the punctuation keys. This is what my t thing looks like ţ. şŞţŢăĂîÎâ heh.. found them.

louchi said:

well my keyboard doesn't have those letters" ţşŞţŢăĂîÎâ " i just copy past it from u willdawg840 .... however they don't sell romanian keyboards here in lebanon ... my keyboard contain 3 languages and my pc recognize it all arabic english and french
    arabic : ب ف م و لا ش ص
    french : é â à ç ê è ô

louchi said:

by the way my pc does recognize ţ ş ă when willdawg840 typed it ... but when dya does ... it shows an empty square instead ș .. i wonder why *shrugs*

6. Sahrian said:

Quote Originally Posted by louchi View Post
    by the way my pc does recognize ţ ş ă when willdawg840 typed it ... but when dya does ... it shows an empty square instead ș .. i wonder why *shrugs*
    ȘșȚț are DIFFERENT characters than ŞşŢţ. The first ones are those recommended when writing Romanian (but who cares ). Perhaps you have to enlarge the character set installed.

7. dya said:

Quote Originally Posted by louchi View Post
    So you have two issues: one is that you can't type these leters and another is that you see them selectively in different posts? For the second one, you could try something: View--> Encoding then select Western European. If that is already selected... I don't know...

Quote Originally Posted by Sahrian View Post
    ȘșȚț are DIFFERENT characters than ŞşŢţ. The first ones are those recommended when writing Romanian (but who cares ). Perhaps you have to enlarge the character set installed.
    I guess you meant ȘșȚț are different from SsTt

8. apiland said:

Red face Translation Please

Buna!

Because I am so in love with a wonderful Romanian man, I am trying to learn romanian. My two biggest issues are vocabulary and verb conjugation, but I am trying to learn a little every day.

I would appreciate it if someone would please translate the following for me.

When I stop to think about how much you mean to me, my heart swells in my chest until it aches with joy. Every part of me longs for every part of you. You are everything I've ever wanted in a man.

Multumesc foarte mult.

Alex(andria)

9. Sahrian said:

Quote Originally Posted by dya View Post
    I guess you meant ȘșȚț are different from SsTt
    Not at all. This link is really interesting http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Romanian_alphabet, especially after "Unicode and HTML".
    Last edited by Sahrian; 05-16-2008 at 01:43 PM.

10. dya said:

Quote Originally Posted by apiland View Post
    Buna!
    When I stop to think about how much you mean to me, my heart swells in my chest until it aches with joy. Every part of me longs for every part of you. You are everything I've ever wanted in a man.
    Literally(you could use this version for your own understanding of the language mechanisms) : Când mă opresc să mă gândesc la cât de mult însemni pentru mine, mi se umflă inima în piept până cand doare de fericire. Fiecare parte din mine tânjește după fiecare parte din tine. Tu ești tot ce mi-am dorit vreodată de la un bărbat

Now, if you want it to also sound nice and natural in Romanian, it would go like this:
    Când mă gândesc la cât de mult însemni pentru mine, inima îmi tresaltă de fericire atât tare încât mă doare. Totul din mine tânjește după totul din tine. Ești tot ce mi-am dorit vreodată.

Of course, anybody with poetic imagination could bring their contribution and make this declaration sound nicer than I managed to. Where are you guys? Igrec??

11. dya said:

Quote Originally Posted by Sahrian View Post
    Not at all. This link is really interesting http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Romanian_alphabet, especially after "Unicode and HTML".
    Excuse me, I didn't even notice the first "lot" was with a comma and the second with a cedilla And I don't think I've ever paid attention to how these letters actually look when typed. As for handwritting, the distinction between comma and cedilla is basically a matter of .... calligraphy!

louchi said:

Quote Originally Posted by apiland View Post
    Buna!

Because I am so in love with a wonderful Romanian man, I am trying to learn romanian. My two biggest issues are vocabulary and verb conjugation, but I am trying to learn a little every day.

I would appreciate it if someone would please translate the following for me.

Multumesc foarte mult.

Alex(andria)
    woooow that's pretty impressive .. i'm sure everyone here want to hear more abt it ..how did u meet .. and how did u fall in love with eachother ....
    and btw ur words r very nice .. it really touch the heart ... i didn't see u yet and i started falling in love with u ... no wonder he did too
    wish u good luck u and him .. hope he deserve u

wolver99 said:

Excuse me...can someone tell me how to explain to another person, who is Romanian, that 'we are in the process of building our business into a franchise operation...with outlets all across the country'? (the country is the USA)

Can't seem to find the right type of 'franchise' in the dictionary.

Multumesc.

14. dya said:

'we are in the process of building our business into a franchise operation...with outlets all across the country'?

Suntem în proces de francizare... cu puncte de lucru în toată ţara.

The Romanian term for franchise is franciză. For the type of action you described we use the word derived from the verb: a franciza - to give others franchise. Therefore francizare is the action itself, while franciză is the concept.

15. Tiberiu said:

Smile I can help in Romanian and need help in Greek

Hi
    I'm a Romanian speaker and can help in translate from / to Romanian from English or Hebrew .
    I learn now Greek and need some help with Greek lessons until Pimsleur co. will send me the audio book "Greek II" (it will appear in 2 month).
    It is some one ? It will be very good for exercise a conversation also.
    My email is lity@netvision.net.il
    Thank you

16. Tiberiu said:

Quote Originally Posted by creepmeout View Post
    buna tot . Vreau invat limba romana si eu. am fost in bucuresti recent si i loved it (mi am se place?). Asta website este foarte bine pentru invata limba ta. I have no idea if I wrote that right. I came in a bit late and am only on page 8 dar cred ca invat romana mai mare then when i was in bucuresti. Sorry about the mix between english and romanian.. i always try to include as much as I can in a sentence. Can you translate what I said now properly? And thank you so much for doing this. I love romania and the language. I was in sinaia, bran, brasov and bucuresti and i want to go back as soon as i can!
    Ok - from the beginning
    Buna .( without "tot" ) . Am fost in bucuresti recent si mi-a placut (i loved it (mi am se place?)). Acesta website este foarte bun (bine) pentru invata limba ta. Nu am idee daca scriu corect (I have no idea if I wrote that right).
    "Here I don't understand the idea "I came in a bit late and am only on page 8 -
    dar cred ca "am invatat" romana mai repede (mare then when i was in bucuresti) cand eram in Bucuresti . Imi para rau ca amestec cuvinte Englezesti si Romanesti (Sorry about the mix between english and romanian.). Eu incerc intotdeauna sa includ cat mai multe cuvinte in propozitie (i always try to include as much as I can in a sentence.)
    Can you translate what I said now properly? And thank you so much for doing this. I love romania and the language. I was in sinaia, bran, brasov and bucuresti and i want to go back as soon as i can![/QUOTE]
    Very good . Continue so

mister Xazos said:

Wow ! I'm back and I can't believe how many persons want to learn Romanian. Good luck guys ! I'm sure you came in the right or more convenient place.

Tiberiu, vezi ca cei de la sectiunea de Limba Greaca sunt destul de buni, chiar foarte buni. Cei care se ocupa cu asta sunt nativi si nu scriu prostii. Multa bafta !
    Πάρε φιλιά, πάρε καρδιά και μη νοιαστείς για μένα.
    Πάρε ό,τι ζει κι άσε με εκεί
    μόνο στο τίποτα...

18. MacDonnchadha said:

Thumbs up Multumesc!

I'm so glad that I found this forum. I have been looking for several years for someplace where I could find assistance in learning Romanian without much luck. It was only today that I stumbled upon this. I'm so glad that I have found this place and look forward to chatting in here and expanding what little I know in Romanian.

wolver99 said:

I found this tool while looking to solve my own difficulties with the diacritics, maybe it will be useful to some others here--

http://romanian.typeit.org/

Also Google Translate has now added Romanian to their list of languages, I don't know how accurate it is for Ro-to-English & vice versa (be careful of non-literal expressions etc), but it may be another useful learning tool nonetheless--

http://translate.google.com/translate_t?sl=en&tl=ro (English to Romanian)

http://translate.google.com/translate_t?sl=ro&tl=en (Romanian to English)

20. missunknown said:

hello to everyone. My name is Madina i'm from USA i know 4 languages so far but i really want to learn Romanian please help me
    P.S the languages i know is Russian, Turkish, English and Spanish