Learning Romanian language

Thread: Learning Romanian language

Tags: None

mike123 said:

Thanks again emyiakab

But doesn't "numai" mean "only"?

Wouldn't "nimeni" be for "not anybody" or "no one"?
    De multe ori tăcerea e mai bună decât răspunsul.

2. emyiakab said:

theoretically yes, it is so, numai means only, but you have to get the sense of the sentence, there is no other way you could catch the sense in another English sentence than I put....or I could find no other better exact translation

mike123 said:

I think "I told only you..." or "I only told you..." sounds okay to me in English.

Is this incorrect English?

4. Lady_A said:

Quote Originally Posted by mike123 View Post
    I think "I told only you..." or "I only told you..." sounds okay to me in English.

Is this incorrect English?
    Well, you're the native English speaker, you tell us!

I told only you or I only told you sounds good to me too in English...and I guess that's the most appropriate translation.

mike123 said:

Hi Lady_A,

I wasn't a very good student in school. So I missed much in English class. I am quite sure that both you and Emyiakab have better English knowledge then I do so that is why I questioned... ...To learn English too. :P

Mulţumesc Lady_A and Emyiakab again. As always, I appreciate your help very much.

Romanian lessons tonight. So I'm at work cramming to finish my homework when I can have a second to do so.

6. Lady_A said:

For what's it worth, you're a very good student in learning Romanian And you're welcome!

7. emyiakab said:

Smile right

Mike, Lady A is right, it sounds ok even as you put it, I told only you...I don't know why I didn't see this so simple solution, but all those who were my teachers told me I have this strange mind that always runs through the most complicated things.The first solution that comes to my mind is always the complicated one.I don't know why...

Lady A, dear hello hello hello
    glad to see you again so often

You're an excellent teacher, I want to say...
    kisses and hugs

8. Lady_A said:

Quote Originally Posted by emyiakab View Post
    Lady A, dear hello hello hello
    glad to see you again so often

You're an excellent teacher, I want to say...
    kisses and hugs
    Hello to you, too! I know I haven't been around for a while, but I'm back!

See you ! Kisses!

CJ1978 said:

Smile

Hello, I have a Romanian boyfriend and am trying to teach him more English and along the way I am learning a little Romanian. Could someone please tell me if I am getting this correct to explain to him?

Does inceput mean early as in early morning? So would I say inceput dimineata? I was trying to explain to him that he wakens up too early on a Sunday!!

And also what is the word for late in Romanian? So like late morning. Or I am late.

Thanks so much in advance this looks like a great site to learn with so many helpful people.

CJ

DeBaires said:

Quote Originally Posted by CJ1978 View Post
    Hello, I have a Romanian boyfriend and am trying to teach him more English and along the way I am learning a little Romanian. Could someone please tell me if I am getting this correct to explain to him?

Does inceput mean early as in early morning? So would I say inceput dimineata? I was trying to explain to him that he wakens up too early on a Sunday!!

And also what is the word for late in Romanian? So like late morning. Or I am late.

Thanks so much in advance this looks like a great site to learn with so many helpful people.

CJ
    I'm not a native speaker, but I'm pretty sure you can say "la inceput de dimineata" which would be like "at the beginning/start of the day."

But "early" can also be devreme & "late" is tarziu but I'm not sure if you can say dimineata tarziu for "late morning" or sunt tarziu for "I'm late."

I think this site can help you a lot. It often includes ways to say expressions in Romanian. http://www.dictionare.com/

Hope I helped!
    Nu ştiu de ce lupt aşa pentru tine.
    Ti it l'avìe tut ma adess 't as nen gnente.
    Exchange the sunshine for brown eyes & dark skies, replace this dull life with you.

mike123 said:

question please.

a se întâmpla - to happen

s-a întâmplat - it happened

Does the s-a reflect the shortened version of "se a"?

angelxirina said:

Quote Originally Posted by mike123 View Post
    question please.

a se întâmpla - to happen

s-a întâmplat - it happened

Does the s-a reflect the shortened version of "se a"?

The verb "to happen" in romanian is a reflexive verb so both "se" and "s-" are the marks of the reflexive.

Måneblomst said:

Hello I have a request to do, but since it isn't the lyrics to a song I won't open à new thread, and since there's no thread for other translations I didn't really know where to post it Do you mind if I post it here?
    Twój świat kręci się wokół mnie
    En pige danser i flammernes skær
    Måneblomst hun danser som den varme vind og ulvene hyler i nat ★

14. Lady_A said:

Post it, we'll see where it belongs.

Måneblomst said:

Ok then

First, could you translate the following to Romanian:
    "This is just a short note to thank the Romanian community of Montreal for the concert. It was a dream come true. I really hope that Mihai and Paula will come back for another concert. Thanks a lot. I still don't speak Romanian, someone translate this for me () "

and could you please tell me what is he saying here:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zhEfldbLEmY
    I know he's talking about eurovision, but what is he exactly saying?

Thanks in advance and sorry for the randomness, but this is important

swatch said:

"This is just a short note to thank the Romanian community of Montreal for the concert. It was a dream come true. I really hope that Mihai and Paula will come back for another concert. Thanks a lot. I still don't speak Romanian, someone translate this for me"

Aceasta e doar o scurta nota, pentru a multumi comunitatii romane din Montreal pentru concert. A fost un vis care a devenit realitate. Sper ca Mihai si Paula se vor intoarce pentru inca un concert. Multumesc mult.

Do you need the last part too? That's "Eu inca nu vorbesc romaneste, cineva sa traduca asta pentru mine."

About the video he's thanking to romanian community for voting him, for sending him on international stage and Eurovision, and how that changed his career.

Måneblomst said:

Thanks a lot!!!!!!

does he say anything about participating again in eurovision?

kmmy said:

yes he said he decided to participate again and to win it. he wants to do this even if its hard and he also asked for votes and if he doesn't participate then paula should cause she has a great voice

Måneblomst said:

awesome!
    thanks a lot

kmmy said:

u r welcome