Learning Romanian language

Thread: Learning Romanian language

Tags: None

baby_girl_ said:

Quote Originally Posted by smfc_stevo_smfc View Post
    How would I say, "Could you translate this please?" in Romanian?
    Poti traduce asta, te rog?

baby_girl_ said:

How would I say, "Could you translate this please?" in Romanian?
    Poţi traduce asta, te rog?

mike123 said:

correct me if i'm wrong, but you can also say "tradu' te rog"
    De multe ori tăcerea e mai bună decât răspunsul.

baby_girl_ said:

Quote Originally Posted by mike123 View Post
    correct me if i'm wrong, but you can also say "tradu' te rog"
    That would be "translate, please"

5. Nedo said:

Hi guys. I'm new in here and have a question for you. What does SMS means in Romanian? My girlfriend is Romanian and we were fooling around and she wrote SMS and don't want to tell me what it means

Any help is appreciated

dragonfly93 said:

SMS is not Romanian. That's a text message She probably thought it was funny
    Minä olen horjunut, epäilen enemmän kuin ennen
    Mutta halusit ihmisen, sen viat, sen heikkouden

7. Nedo said:

I know its a text message, but I thought its some kind of abbreviation in Romanian language

smfc_stevo_smfc said:

"pt." = "pentru" right?

dragonfly93 said:

"pt." = "pentru" right?
    yes. It's a common abbreviation, so you'd best become accustomed to it

Nedo: SMS is English, and stands for "Short Message Service"

smfc_stevo_smfc said:

Can you say "pt" without the "." at the end?

11. Nedo said:

Romanian is a very nice language Your lessons are very useful. Thanks for sharing

kmmy said:

Can you say "pt" without the "." at the end?
    yes you can write it without "." cause is perfectly understandable.

normal would be to put that "." after every abbreviation, but nowadays many of us skip it )

dragonfly93 said:

When I write pentru, I just abbreviate as "pt" without a period. That's fine, Stevo Kmmy is correct.

Darcy said:

hello, I hope you don't mind me joining here. I am trying to learn Romanian, it is very difficult and I am not getting very far lol

I can deal with vocabulary, but forming sentences just has me totally confused. I have no access to college courses, so I am just learning by myself.

I found this forum by listening to Romanian music, DJ Project, and then looking for translations. As much as the music isn't really the type I would usually listen to, it is really helping with pronounciation. I find I can now sing along with a couple of tracks, even though I have no idea what they/I am singing lol

I look forward to looking around this forum.
    x

15. dya said:

Quote Originally Posted by Darcy View Post
    I found this forum by listening to Romanian music, DJ Project, and then looking for translations. As much as the music isn't really the type I would usually listen to, it is really helping with pronounciation. I find I can now sing along with a couple of tracks, even though I have no idea what they/I am singing lol

I look forward to looking around this forum.
    x

Welcome If you have any questions, this is the place!

What kind of music do you usually listen to? Maybe we can recommend you some Romanian songs and this way you'll listen to something you like and learn at the same time. This method works wonders

Darcy said:

Quote Originally Posted by dya View Post
    Welcome If you have any questions, this is the place!

What kind of music do you usually listen to? Maybe we can recommend you some Romanian songs and this way you'll listen to something you like and learn at the same time. This method works wonders

Hi, I really don't mind the DJ project, the girls voice is quite clear and it is helping lots...I just wouldn't listen to it if it was in English lol I like Evanescence, Nightwish,Within Temptation,Lacuna Coil,Coheed and Cambria,Linkin Park etc

I am suprised how quicky I have been able to sing along with the tracks, when I heard the first one it seemed so fast but now I can pick out the words quite clearly...no idea what they mean of course, but one step at a time lol

dragonfly93 said:

Quote Originally Posted by Darcy View Post
    Hi, I really don't mind the DJ project, the girls voice is quite clear and it is helping lots...I just wouldn't listen to it if it was in English lol I like Evanescence, Nightwish,Within Temptation,Lacuna Coil,Coheed and Cambria,Linkin Park etc

I am suprised how quicky I have been able to sing along with the tracks, when I heard the first one it seemed so fast but now I can pick out the words quite clearly...no idea what they mean of course, but one step at a time lol
    I have a friend who listens to the same music as you... So I will base song recommendations on which Romanian songs she liked!

I will suggest Voltaj, Anka, and DJ Mahay for now. PM me if you want me to send the songs or video links.

By the way, welcome to ATL! Glad to have you here with us I found this forum the same way

And you may want to post on the Romanian Music / Muzica Românească thread.
    Last edited by dragonfly93; 04-11-2010 at 01:31 PM.

Darcy said:

Quote Originally Posted by dragonfly93 View Post
    I have a friend who listens to the same music as you... So I will base song recommendations on which Romanian songs she liked!

I will suggest Voltaj, Anka, and DJ Mahay for now. PM me if you want me to send the songs or video links.

By the way, welcome to ATL! Glad to have you here with us I found this forum the same way

And you may want to post on the Romanian Music / Muzica Românească thread.
    Thankyou I will search for those names on Youtube.

dragonfly93 said:

You can find some on my YouTube channel, valbonne93

dragonfly93 said:

Hey, is anyone with Yahoo Messenger (or Facebook) willing to help me out on a situation? Someone contacted me through Yahoo after finding my YouTube account, and wants to learn English. She doesn't speak much English, only Romanian as far as I know. Please PM me if you are able to help (my Romanian needs to improve first before I can help much).

Mulțumesc!
    Last edited by dragonfly93; 04-12-2010 at 01:49 PM.