Help - Techno Opera Remix

Thread: Help - Techno Opera Remix

Tags: None
  1. RusslCrowesBand said:

Default Help - Techno Opera Remix

I have this Techno-Remix of a what I believe is an Opera song stuck in my head. I have heard the original song but have no idea who sings it or from what Opera it is from.

The vocalist is female, and the only lyrics I can remember are from the chorus, and they are as follows: "I wait only for you". This is followed by one more line, and then she begins busting out all of these very high notes.

If you have any idea as to what it maybe I would really appreciate your help. Sorry that I can't be anymore specific. Also, I have google searched this and used the forum search function many times, all with no success.

atmaestro said:

Lesley Garrett (an opera singer) has a song called "I Will Wait For You"
    Them that can, do; them that can't... memorize Artist and Title

3. RusslCrowesBand said:

Quote Originally Posted by atmaster View Post
    Lesley Garrett (an opera singer) has a song called "I Will Wait For You"
    Thanks for the help, but I checked out that song and it wasn't it. I really like Lesley now though, she had some great songs.

Maybe the song I'm looking for should be classified as Dance or Trance as opposed to Techno, I'm not exactly sure of the specific genre but it is definetely some type of Electronica.

Regardless, it's still stuck in my head!

4. alphabraxon said:

Was looking for opera song from TLC's Rides program. Test driver of Lamborghini driving at insane speeds on country roads near factory while this pumping beat of Pagliacci [the sad clown] plays on Gallardos sound system.

Found a thread that identified the song and artist.

look at ExtremeMusic.com - Class A Production Music Library - A Site For Sore Ears

go to "get trax"

you look by genre etc

mine was x-series

genre neo-classical opera beats vesti la giubba

Cant download but you can listen. Then if you like U join and buy.

Hope this helps

5. Bosh_Talk said:

Quote Originally Posted by RusslCrowesBand View Post
    I have this Techno-Remix of a what I believe is an Opera song stuck in my head. I have heard the original song but have no idea who sings it or from what Opera it is from.

The vocalist is female, and the only lyrics I can remember are from the chorus, and they are as follows: "I wait only for you". This is followed by one more line, and then she begins busting out all of these very high notes.

If you have any idea as to what it maybe I would really appreciate your help. Sorry that I can't be anymore specific. Also, I have google searched this and used the forum search function many times, all with no success.
    The song you seek may be "Spente Le Stelle" aka "Opera Trance" featuring vocals by Emma Shapplin from a contemporary Italian opera album called "Carmine Meo". The song was a club/rave anthem around Christmas of 2000. You're probably looking for the Yomanda mix. Though all lyrics are in Italian and she doesn't say "I wait only for you."

Bosh
    Last edited by Bosh_Talk; 08-17-2007 at 01:26 AM.

6. farrahrani said:

Thanks Bosh! I was looking for the same song you just posted and it led me to this forum!

7. TheMusicLuvR said:

Shot in the dark here:

Love is Dreaminess? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QnRF99oE7ZE

8. Phantonblueopera said:

Hi, I know I'm a little late on this thread, but what you are describing sounds very similar to the 'alien" opera singer in "The Fifth Element" movie starring Bruce Willis. I like what she was singing too, and am in search of more music like it. Inva Mula is the woman that actually sang the part. Hope this helps.