I've Been Looking For This Song For A Long Time - It Was Popluar During The 60's

Thread: I've Been Looking For This Song For A Long Time - It Was Popluar During The 60's

Tags: None
  1. spottedpup said:

Exclamation I've Been Looking For This Song For A Long Time - It Was Popluar During The 60's

I Only Know A Few Bars Of The Song, But Would Love To Know The Actual Title And Artist. It Was Popular In The 1960's, And I Heard It Often during ONE Summer Vacation In Fort Lauderdale On A Local Rock Station..............Some Of The Lyrics Are "There's Many A Slip Twixt The Cup And The Lip"....................."baby The World's Realy...." THEN I'M LOST? Can Anyone Please, Please Help????? Thank You In Advance.............it's A Real Mystery....................
    Last edited by spottedpup; 08-08-2007 at 02:16 PM.

logan01 said:

I found this: The band "PRESENT"
    "I Know" b/w "Many's The Slip Twixt The Cup & The Lip" (Philips 40466) Released June 1967
    Brooklyn-based band.

I found at the following site: NEW YORK GARAGE EXPLOSION

3. spottedpup said:

OMG You are wonderful............thank you so much, I was beginning to doubt that the song actually existed, LOL thank you thank you...........thank you!!!!!!!

4. spottedpup said:

Just wondering, how would I be able to get a copy of that song and/or lyrics????? Any ideas? Thanks again, B.

logan01 said:

You're welcome. Your guess is as good as mine finding the song. Go here and scroll to the fifth entry:

Rare Soul Man - Sly & The Family Stone, Rare Earth, Connelly, Earl, Present, Shirelles, Camp, Co