Who Did The Most Popular Instrumental Version Of "Fly Me To The Moon"?:

Thread: Who Did The Most Popular Instrumental Version Of "Fly Me To The Moon"?:

Tags: None
  1. Most Wanted Jamz said:

Thumbs up Solved: Who Did The Most Popular Instrumental Version Of "Fly Me To The Moon"?:

Who did the most popular instrumental version of "Fly Me To The Moon", that would get played on the radio? It sounds like a jazz song. It sounds a lot like Joe Harnell. This international version of "Fly Me To The Moon" is the long version of this instrumental song. Did Joe Harnell do a long version of "Fly Me To The Moon"? The version of "Fly Me To The Moon" by Joe Harnell, that I got is the short version. I am looking for the long version of "Fly Me To The Moon", that sounds like Joe Harnell. Can you please help me identify this Jazz person?
    Last edited by Most Wanted Jamz; 12-12-2015 at 09:52 PM. Reason: Solved

F A B Scott said:

Joe Harnell had the big hit single with the instrumental - maybe the album version was the longer one.

Rogaty said:

Julie London? She appears with this song on Best Of Smooth Jazz Album
    But wait... It's not instrumental :/
    Nobody is watching anybody watching nobody.

4. Most Wanted Jamz said:

Thumbs up Thanks, But I Don't Know Which Album Has The Long Version Of Fly Me To The Moon:

Thanks, But I still do not know which Joe Harnell album would have the long version of "Fly Me To The Moon". I do have the Joe Harnell & Bosa Nova record album titled "Fly Me To The Moon", but the problem is with its song "Fly Me To The Moon 2:30" is the edited version. Things that make you go hmmm. I wonder which Joe Harnell album has the extended version of "Fly Me To The Moon"?
    Quote Originally Posted by F A B Scott View Post
    Joe Harnell had the big hit single with the instrumental - maybe the album version was the longer one.
    Last edited by Most Wanted Jamz; 12-12-2015 at 09:53 PM.

5. Most Wanted Jamz said:

Lightbulb Thanks, But It's Not Julie London.

The long version of "Fly Me To The Moon", that is instrumental is either done by Joe Harnell, or some other mystery international Jazz musician. Trying to figure out which Joe Harnell album is going to have the extended version of "Fly Me To The Moon".
    Quote Originally Posted by Rogaty View Post
    Julie London? She appears with this song on Best Of Smooth Jazz Album
    But wait... It's not instrumental :/

F A B Scott said:

The versions of the song are 2-55 long on his CDs Moving On!! and The Joe Harnell Songbook. But as that's only 25 seconds longer than the one you have, I guess it's not what you are looking for.

7. Most Wanted Jamz said:

Default Thanks, I Believe You.

Thanks, I believe you. I ought to try out the "Movin' On" album by Joe Harnell with its song, "Fly Me To The Moon". I guess the longest version only goes for three minutes. I was thinking five or six minutes for the song, but I guess it goes for 2 minutes and 55 seconds.
    Quote Originally Posted by F A B Scott View Post
    The versions of the song are 2-55 long on his CDs Moving On!! and The Joe Harnell Songbook. But as that's only 25 seconds longer than the one you have, I guess it's not what you are looking for.