help, what language is this?

Thread: help, what language is this?

Tags: None
  1. pisso68 said:

It could be turkish.

Maviii said:

i think its slovenian coz i have some slovanian songs the words are too similar for this language u write but ofcaurse i donno what do they mean

tzina772000 said:

We have already excluded both languages. This song contains words that do exist in both languages. It's a kind of ancient/old Slavic language/dialect (so it can have also Turkish influences).

4. sofie38 said:

yep, absolutely not slovenian

5. heyhaya said:

i think it is romanian or at least some 'eastern' language, like caucasus.

tzina772000 said:

PROPEL I've read an article about some languages that pretty near to be considered dead, not many people do talk them. The only ones that are near Slavic countries are near Asian Siberia (it is still caucasian)

Maviii said:

no it`s not caucasian coz i know caucasian language fluently

tzina772000 said:

when we say caucasian we mean indoeuropean. You know all indoeuropean languages??? Are you interested so much in learning languages??

Maviii said:

Quote Originally Posted by tzina772000 View Post
    when we say caucasian we mean indoeuropean. You know all indoeuropean languages??? Are you interested so much in learning languages??
    dear tzina
    i think
    maybe u get my point in wrong way am sorry
    but ofcaurse i dont speek all of the caucasian languages & yes
    am so interested in learning languages that`s why am here
    any way am sorry if u dont like my reply when i said it`s not caucasian

tzina772000 said:

you misunderstood me Maviii, the way you responded implied that you did knew them all. Mine was only interest, nothing more thatn that

11. heyhaya said:

caucasian its not an indoeuropean language as far as i know

12. misskostas said:

in europe every language belongs to indoeuropean laguage family, except: finnis, estonian, turkish and hungarian

tzina772000 said:

heyhaya there is no language named caucasian. I used that word instead of indo european.
    misskostas languages such as German (Ostrogothic languages or something like that is the word) belong in the indoeuropean languages???And why Turkish doesn't belong to that category (I think Iranian and Arab does,and they come form around those places)??

Tahira said:

MAybe this is an article of interest of all the people reading this thread:

Category:Vowel harmony languages - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I am reading this thread since it started and I find it very interesting and I hope that somebody will find the solution;

@prospel: did the peolpe from the linguistic forum have any idea?

Regards from very very curious Tahira

15. misskostas said:

Turkish does not belong to indoeuropean languages, becauase it belongs to an other language family ( only know the hungarian name of it), as hungarian, finnish and estish. Its fro sure. And: iranian and arabic languages are not similar to turkish at all! Nothing relation between them!

lollipop said:

Yes, misskostas, you have right, all those languages that you mention; they all belong to Uralic Languages Group (or how you say this in English properly?).

From them Hungarian, Finnish and Estonian belong to Finno-Ugric branch, but Turkish belongs to Ural-Altay Family. So, no, Turkish is not indoeuropean

PROPEL said:

i have not had any responces
    no feedback

18. heyhaya said:

there exist caucasian languages indeed Tzina. (a group of languages spoken in Caucasus).
    Can I just ask? How u can adapt them to indoeuropean languages :S i mean how you can use it convertibly:S
    Last edited by heyhaya; 10-11-2007 at 05:31 PM.

19. misskostas said:

yes Lollipop You are right also. but the science is still have big doubt about hungarian is belong to finn ugoric family or uralic - altay family.

lollipop said:

ooh, did not even know that.... (I was in school long time ago, but i will now search for this subject, and educate myself ) Thanks for info Cheers, misskostas!