help, what language is this?

Thread: help, what language is this?

Tags: None

tzina772000 said:

Quote Originally Posted by heyhaya View Post
    there exist caucasian languages indeed Tzina. (a group of languages spoken in Caucasus).
    Can I just ask? How u can adapt them to indoeuropean languages :S i mean how you can use it convertibly:S
    Indoeuropean languages were "born" in Caucasus and expanded from there. I thought that it would be pretty "stupid" to call other languages Caucasian.

Ok, searching I found out that some (at least) of the languages named Caucasian by some sources, by other sources are refferred to as Indoeuropean. So I don't know the difference or which of the sources I should trust more.

atmaestro said:

I tried researching several words and got a positive hit for the word, "itumo" in the Yoruba language which is a West African dialect (see attached link).

Yoruba language - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I also tried several of the small words (tarni, kari) and got hits with an English-Estonian dictionary as root words for Estonian words.

May be someone is pulling a fast one on us...
    Last edited by atmaestro; 10-14-2007 at 12:28 PM.
    Them that can, do; them that can't... memorize Artist and Title

3. heyhaya said:

Quote Originally Posted by tzina772000 View Post
    Indoeuropean languages were "born" in Caucasus and expanded from there. I thought that it would be pretty "stupid" to call other languages Caucasian.

Ok, searching I found out that some (at least) of the languages named Caucasian by some sources, by other sources are refferred to as Indoeuropean. So I don't know the difference or which of the sources I should trust more.
    Caucasian languages group is not for sure the same as indoeuropean languages group, you cant use it convertibly for sure Greetings, im leaving this subject now

shy.sushi said:

Mexican language???
    it's Spanish, and it's not Spanish at all

maybe it's Turkish
    keep paparizouing!!!!

Adrienne said:

It is probably an old language as it is said here in this article
    @PROPEL: I've also visited linguistic forum and saw your comment there, but noone aswered so far

Mhmm i dont think any of us could really give the right answer... We can only guess...
    The words dont sound slavic to me btw
    Aconteceu
    Estava escrito assim
    Eu em você, você em mim
    Eu te encontrei
    Meu grande amor..

Da li cu ikad moci da sklopim oci a da tebe nema..?

Aut Viam Inveniam Aut Faciam!
    בועז, תתחתן איתי!

SaveTonight said:

Did anyone think of celtic?

Maybe its an old language from Ireland or Scotland..

shy.sushi said:

not from Ireland... i asked a friend who speak Irish, so... it's not...

he said it was some Slavic language
    keep paparizouing!!!!

maria_gr said:

It doesn't sound so slavic to me...

Τζίνα μου έχουν δίκιο. Η τουρκική γλώσσα ανήκει στον Αλταϊκό γλωσσικό κλάδο, η φιλανδική και η ούγγρικη ανήκουν στον Ουραλικό και όλες μαζί δημιουργούν μια οικογένεια, την Ουραλοαλταϊκή.
    Άνθρωποι τύχης είδωλον επλάσαντο, πρόφασιν ιδίης αβουλίης.

~Δημόκριτος~

mister Xazos said:

Tzina, you're so right about indoeuropean languages.
    Btw, for curiosity, I learnt today at history about some changes and influences in slavic languages. It may be slavic, it tends to be serbian, but some lost dialect from South of Mehedinti (continuos of the Romanian Carpathians), in the South of Dunare. I'm sure 60% because that zone were such a "problem one" for the serbians.
    This connot be Romanian because we do not have in our grammar letters like that. We have some exceptions like : ă, î, ş, ţ, â. And these came from turkish influences.
    It might be some african dialect, but I don't remember the africans to play like he said.
    And it's sure it's from Balkans because it has the particularities of a balkan language.
    Greatings.
    Πάρε φιλιά, πάρε καρδιά και μη νοιαστείς για μένα.
    Πάρε ό,τι ζει κι άσε με εκεί
    μόνο στο τίποτα...

tzina772000 said:

I'm not a linguist so some things I'm trying to explain them with my logic (meaning how I would call them). Of course that means that I may be wrong in some things(or even all). I didn't knew that Turkish belongs to the Altay language group. I don't know how the linguists make these kind of classifications(I thought till now based on the place where they were "born", but that is obviously wrong). Some of the questions I do is to learn what I don't know (they are not ironic in any way, even if sometimes they may seem so. I assure you in Greek they don't seem like that)

mister Xazos said:

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by tzina772000 View Post
    I'm not a linguist so some things I'm trying to explain them with my logic (meaning how I would call them). Of course that means that I may be wrong in some things(or even all). I didn't knew that Turkish belongs to the Altay language group. I don't know how the linguists make these kind of classifications(I thought till now based on the place where they were "born", but that is obviously wrong). Some of the questions I do is to learn what I don't know (they are not ironic in any way, even if sometimes they may seem so. I assure you in Greek they don't seem like that)
    It's obvious Tzina. I do the same
    Well, for me is still a mistery this place of the birth of languages. Anyway, every linguist has his own theory.
    Btw, this summer I know you had smoe problems near to your home with the fires. How are now that places ?
    Greatings
    Πάρε φιλιά, πάρε καρδιά και μη νοιαστείς για μένα.
    Πάρε ό,τι ζει κι άσε με εκεί
    μόνο στο τίποτα...

12. Hatfinatka said:

It might me the language of the Roma. This would also explain why there is nothing about it on the internet, looking at the fact, that the Roma scarcley have acces to this media.

It also still might be a celtic language. I know someone ruled out Irish Gaelic, but what about Scottish? Or Cornish, Breton, Manx and Welsh? They are not that similar as far as I know.

Oh, and it´s not German or Polish And personally I must say that it does not sound slavic to me at all.

angeliki_sr said:

It's definitely NOT slavic nor welsh,I mean this can't just can't be welsh,scottish.I think it's not indoeuropean!
    ...το κορίτσι της ντίσκο...

tzina772000 said:

Quote Originally Posted by Sosollikos View Post
    Btw, this summer I know you had smoe problems near to your home with the fires. How are now that places ?
    Oh they have two of my favorite colors (black (burned trees) and brown(of the soil, which now it can be seen)) (yeap it's black humour!!). But the colors are trully from my favorites. In some days they gona have a kind of pretty dark-brown color (the mud of the rains down there) (again black humor!!).

15. noinnocentvictim said:

I'm positive it's not Scottish. Scottish doesn't use accents.
    To me it looks slavic.

Spring said:

Well.. in one of my many google actions on this subject I've ran into a site with Old Church Slavonic using some of the words from the text..
    But it didn't seem quite possible so I ruled out that idea
    However, it is definitely not
    # East Slavic = Russian, Ukrainian, Belarusian, Rusyn
    # South Slavic
    * Western Slavic = Serbian, Slovenian, Croatian and Bosnian
    * Eastern subgroup composed of Bulgarian and Macedonian
    # West Slavic
    * Czech and Slovak
    * Lechitic languages: Polish...

= i wouldnt know about these though...
    * Upper and Lower Sorbian (minority languages in Germany)
    * Lechitic languages: ...Pomeranian/Kashubian and extinct Polabian

Kulim said:

How about Basque?

For sure it's not any languages from Southeast Asia and the Far East...

18. x L o n e s o m e said:

maybe its albanian or some kind of gypsy lang.

rosadelamor said:

it could be either the iceland, swiss or polish language
    its definately not spanish

20. woowoos said:

Default Does this help?

I don't know if anyone replied and too many posts to go through....found this

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ido

Identified the language at...

http://ruphus.com/identify/