ΧΡΟΝΙΑ ΠΟΛΛΑ, Maria!

Thread: ΧΡΟΝΙΑ ΠΟΛΛΑ, Maria!

Tags: None
  1. dya said:

Smile ΧΡΟΝΙΑ ΠΟΛΛΑ, Maria!

Χρόνια πολλά, Μαρια μου

I wish you to be healthy, happy, loved and always smiling at the world.

I wish you a wonderful day today, a nice celebration of your name's day and a great party, if that's the case

veronika_pooh said:

All the best from me tooBe as U r and don't let the liltle rocks on ur way stop U
    Φιλακιααααα
    !!!Ζήσε κάθε σου στιγμή η ζωή φεύγει με χίλια!!!

lagoudaki said:

That's great! Maria mou polla polla filakia ki apo emena! (=many many kisses from me too). Unfortunately guys Maria is sick, I'll tell her your great and sweet wishes, she really needs them!
    Anapnew kai tragoudw!!!!!

veronika_pooh said:

Tell her I wish her to recover fast and to be on line soonAnd many hugs from meAnd I'm glad to see U here again lil rabbit

mister Xazos said:

I'm surpresed to see this . I tell this because in Romania this is days is celebrated for dead Maria...
    well, this is not the case.
    I wish her thet best... She deserves it !
    Btw, Lagoudaki,
    Πάρε φιλιά, πάρε καρδιά και μη νοιαστείς για μένα.
    Πάρε ό,τι ζει κι άσε με εκεί
    μόνο στο τίποτα...

mister Xazos said:

I want to talk to you (sorry, I pushed enter for mistake, Like I said :"I'm irezistible at mistakes")
    Kisses girlz .
    Πάρε φιλιά, πάρε καρδιά και μη νοιαστείς για μένα.
    Πάρε ό,τι ζει κι άσε με εκεί
    μόνο στο τίποτα...
  7. dya said:

Soso, let's explain people the significance of this day in Romania.

Nowadays in Romania everybody with the name Maria and all its derivations(feminine or masculine) are celebrating their name day today.

True that the religious signification refers to the death of Agia Maria and true that in some parts of the country today there are remembered the dead ones who had this name, but nowadays, on 15th of August everybody with this name celebrates.

We should also say that we have another Agia Maria's day and that is on 8th of September and, indeed, traditionally that was the day when the alive ones were celebrating their name's day.

But these days, people with this name just celebrate twice- once today, and again in September. Lucky them!

And for Maria mas: get well soon and come back here cause I translated a song a few days ago and I need checking! And we miss you

lagoudaki said:

Ah! In Greece on 15th of August all the married Marias celebrate and on 21th of August the single ones. But today is the biggest celebration so we tell our wishes to all of them!
  9. dya said:

Really? I didn't know that! Thank you for the information, Lagoudaki

It's the same religion but there are things different in each country adn I'm always glad to find out about the differences

In Romania too, today is the biggest celebration of the two holidays. Actually, people call today's holiday, and I'm gonna say it in Greek because in English it would sound really strange: "Agia Maria Megali" and on 8th of September we call it "Agia Maria Micri". These are not the official religious names, they are names given by people, probably to "rank" the two days in importance.

lagoudaki said:

Oops I said 21 of August! What an idiot. It's 21 of November! Then we celebrate the entrance of Virgin Mary to the church.

veronika_pooh said:

Hehe,how interesting indeed...Here we have only today and it's really a big celebration and everyone with that name celebratedLike my mum,so I love this day and everyone with that name

football said:

Hronia polla Maria kai kalh anarrosh! Filia Veronika hronia polla to your mum too!

veronika_pooh said:

Hehe,ευχαριστωI just found out u r from Athens,which I want to visit sooo muchU r lucky

football said:

My pleasure! Haha, yes Athens is wonderful. Come to us, you'll never leave...

veronika_pooh said:

Oh,I'm sure I won't...I will come to Athens for sure I've deceited that for me,just don't know when

maria_gr said:

Thank you girls and Soso! You are the best. I'm still sick, but I feel better now.

Filia se olous
    Άνθρωποι τύχης είδωλον επλάσαντο, πρόφασιν ιδίης αβουλίης.

~Δημόκριτος~

veronika_pooh said:

Get better soon,it's terible beibg sick in the summer I know...Filakia

Mantras said:

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by maria_gr View Post
    Thank you girls and Soso! You are the best. I'm still sick, but I feel better now.

Filia se olous
    Happy birthday Maria!!!Ihope you recover soooooooon

kat said:

happy birthday maria! hope you have/had a good day!
  20. tonisalado said:

Χρόνια πολλά, Μαρια!!! Espero que te recuperes pronto!!! Tengo muchas canciones que pedirte!!! Jajajajaja...Filakia!!!