Zorba

Thread: Zorba

Tags: None

Spring said:

Default Zorba

I really like Greek music e.g. Antonis Remos and Michalis Hatzigiannis songs... aw and George Dalaras - Ta Vegalika Sou Matia really almost makes me cry.. However, I'm trying to find some songs with zorba kind of tune (I found this video yesterday and it totally made my day lol) YouTube - zorba
    You know "light spirit" kind of songs? So, if anyone can recommend some, I'd be really grateful!

Tahira said:

Hi Spring,
    the music you gave us is a modern adaption of the original film song:
    YouTube - Zorba The Greek, the Greek Dance, and Greek Pride

It was especially composed for that film with Anthony Quinn. German people call this dance and that kind of music sirtaki. But the dance is a actually a traditional greek dance called HASAPIKO (I hope i wrote it right).

Did I get you right, that you are looking for greek music with that typical bouzouki-"tune" ?

Tahira

Spring said:

Thanks Tahira! Yes that is what Im looking for maybe I explained it in a messy way but yeah

Tahira said:

The Composer of the music to that movie was Theodorakis. He has many mayn beautiful songs and many beautiful lyrics. I grew up with this music.

I also remember that my parents used to listen to GIANNIS POULOPOULOS

watch this: YouTube - Giannis Poulopoulos - Tha pio apopse to feggari

I love this song. The music is from the Seventies.

Hope I could help you a little bit further.

Tahira

Spring said:

hm... nice!
    though, the Tha pio ... song has the sad note in it... I dont know why Greek songs mostly make me reallyyy sad and I dont even understand a word!
    thanks for the Theodorakis info too and, if you think of anything else, please let me know
    and remember - happy tunes

maria_gr said:

I don't know about you, but this song cheers me up! Try it...
    YouTube - ESC 1974 Greece - Marinella Krassi Thalassa ke to agori mou
    Άνθρωποι τύχης είδωλον επλάσαντο, πρόφασιν ιδίης αβουλίης.

~Δημόκριτος~

Tahira said:

Yes, you are right, most of the songs have sad meaning.
    You can also try with the music of Stelios Kazantsidis; i found one video here with Dalaras : YouTube - KAZANTZIDIS-DALARAS-NIKOLOPOULOS-Kato ap'to poukamiso mou

Maybe some of the other people can help us both for happy tunes!

Tahira

Spring said:

Quote Originally Posted by maria_gr View Post
    I don't know about you, but this song cheers me up! Try it...
    YouTube - ESC 1974 Greece - Marinella Krassi Thalassa ke to agori mou
    yeah it is a cheery song thanks maria!
    and,
    Quote Originally Posted by Tahira View Post
    Yes, you are right, most of the songs have sad meaning.
    You can also try with the music of Stelios Kazantsidis; i found one video here with Dalaras : YouTube - KAZANTZIDIS-DALARAS-NIKOLOPOULOS-Kato ap'to poukamiso mou

Maybe some of the other people can help us both for happy tunes!

Tahira
    that's the tune again but you are definitely right - we need help with happy tunes

Tahira said:

How could I forget Marinella;
    Oh and I remember GLYKERIA also had some happy songs about, dancing and making party. But my Mom has only self-made cassettes with no title so I only know the names of the artists.
    But Theodorakis had also some happy songs. Varka sto gialo, and...wasn´t there a song "hariklaki" and someone with "sti Salonika..."

I know also some young artists like Elli Kokkinou, Anna Vissi, Peggi Zina and so on, have those typical bouzouki-tunes in their song.

Tahira

Spring said:

ohhh i just found Mikis Theodorakis - Rembetika (if that's the title cause theres something else written in the mp3 title) awww hehe
    we have a version but i totally cant think of the words

Also... downloading "Varka sto gialo" and searching the rest on youtube hehe
    Thank you !!!

PS
    is this Hariklaki that you mentioned? YouTube - Traditional song "Hariklaki" - Haris Symeonidis & D. Kots

I think what I'm actually looking for can be called "Greek wedding music" lol
    YouTube - Glykeria, Makedonas - Katse kala & Hariklaki (2004)
    Last edited by Spring; 08-19-2007 at 11:57 AM.

Tahira said:

Hi Spring,
    both "Hariklakis" are the same, just another interpretation.
    But if you go on looking through Youtube with all these artists mentioned above, I think you will find a lot of nice you like and according to the names you can look for downloads ar for CDs.
    Unfortunatelly I do not have any download addresses. I usually by original CDs most of them 2nd hand via ebay.

May I ask you where are you from and how do you come across greek music?

Tahira

maria_gr said:

This one is good too -> YouTube - Glykeria - Fysa Vardari Mou

Watch this too, the lyrics aren't so happy but the music is perfect -> YouTube - Haris Alexiou Candan Ercetin Teli Teli Teli If you like teli teli I can give it to you, unfortunately I don't have Fysa Vardari mou...

~Δημόκριτος~

Tahira said:

Giassou MAria,
    this Teli Teli Song is very nice. I cam across also a medley/concert with Sezen Aksu and Haris Alexiou.

I like the greek/turkish or greek/arabic combinations very much.

Tahira

Tahira said:

Hi Spring,
    searching in youtube for songs with the words "party mou" which means my party - I found a very nice song:
    YouTube - Pasxalis Terzis-Ti na kanw pes mou
    from Paschalis Terzis.

MAybe you like it, too.

Kali Nichta (Good night)
    Tahira

Spring said:

Talking

oh thank you both!!!
    I like them all and especially Glykeria - Fysa Vardari Mou I usually find songs on youtube first and then download with "Bearshare" but I can't find that one there either
    "party mou" is also a great tip!
    Tahira, I am from Serbia and I guess we have picked up a lot (including both recognizable 'happy and sad tunes' from Greece (the same as from Turkey) during our history and thanks to geographical connections as well
    I was in Greece only once - 10 years ago (gosh that makes me feel old!) but I remember being utterly disappointed because we couldn't find any place where they had traditional Greek music (and I was really looking forward to a Greek style party).
    This year I am planning to go to Pefkohori and if the misfortune repeats be sure I'll come to cry
    lol
    Maybe that's the reason why I'm in the mood ...
    aw and I learned something tonight! Kali Nichta!
    gosh I love this forum!
    Last edited by Spring; 08-19-2007 at 02:33 PM.

maria_gr said:

Giassou MAria,
    this Teli Teli Song is very nice. I cam across also a medley/concert with Sezen Aksu and Haris Alexiou.

I like the greek/turkish or greek/arabic combinations very much.

Tahira
    Geia sou Tahira mou. I like these songs too! I'm trying to learn turkish and these songs help me a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by Spring View Post
    oh thank you both!!!
    I like them all and especially Glykeria - Fysa Vardari Mou I usually find songs on youtube first and then download with "Bearshare" but I can't find that one there either
    "party mou" is also a great tip!
    Tahira, I am from Serbia and I guess we have picked up a lot (including both recognizable 'happy and sad tunes' from Greece (the same as from Turkey) during our history and thanks to geographical connections as well
    I was in Greece only once - 10 years ago (gosh that makes me feel old!) but I remember being utterly disappointed because we couldn't find any place where they had traditional Greek music (and I was really looking forward to a Greek style party).
    This year I am planning to go to Pefkohori and if the misfortune repeats be sure I'll come to cry
    lol
    Maybe that's the reason why I'm in the mood ...
    aw and I learned something tonight! Kali Nichta!
    gosh I love this forum!
    Unfortunately i don't have it either, but if I find it, I'll give you the link. Pefkohori? It's a great village, I like it a lot. After all Halkidiki is a magic place!

~Δημόκριτος~

Spring said:

ok
    If I find it first, I will let you know
    I have Elli Kokkinou on the search menu today and I really like her songs!
    Xartaetos
    Ti Ths Exeis Brei
    and this which seems to be a bit of the track but... still! it has great rhythm!
    SEX Dj Onur Remix

Thanks again

Tahira said:

Hi Spring,
    you can also try Angela Dimitrou "Margarites"
    and this link is the turkish (?) one for maria_gr: YouTube - Antzela Dimitriou "Margarites" Bağgöze
    ... but I am not sure if it´s really turkish or another language.

By the way, my sister booked a flight to Island Korfu (Kerkira) today...

Regards Tahira

Spring said:

Smile

I might be repeating myself a lil bit too much but I really like this one too! Thanks!
    Angela Dimitrou "Margarites"