H Mairi - Natassa Theodoridou

Thread: H Mairi - Natassa Theodoridou

Tags: None
  1. monaxia said:

Smile H Mairi - Natassa Theodoridou

hello,
    i need the lyrics and translation of this song H Mairi - Natassa Theodoridou, could anyone help me?

thx

maria_gr said:

Unhappy How sad...

Μαίρη / Mary

Η Μαίρη η περίφημη αρτίστα / Mary the famous artist
    Που έντυνε τις νότες της μετάξι και χρυσό / Who was dressing the notes with silk and gold
    Ξεγέλαγε τ' αγόρια απ' την πίστα / She was fooling the boys from the dance floor
    Τους χάριζε ένα όνειρο που ήτανε μισό. / She was giving them a dream which was half.

Δεν κάνει πια για μένα η επαρχία / The province isn’t for me anymore
    Μου είπε και το έγραψε στα τζάμια τα θολά / She told me and she wrote it on the hazy panes
    Ταξίδεψε να βρει την ευτυχία / She traveled to find happiness
    Σε φώτα και μαρκίζες που υπόσχονταν πολλά. / In lights and signs which promise a lot.

Συχνά ονειρευότανε / She was dreaming often
    Πως τάχα παντρευότανε / That she was getting married
    Και έκανε παιδιά / And she had children
    Συχνά ονειρευότανε / She was dreaming often
    Αστέρι πως γινότανε / That she was becoming a star
    Κι ησύχαζε η καρδιά. / And heart was settling down.

Παίξε ταξίμι / Play (taksimi)*
    Για το αγρίμι / For the wild beast
    Που κρύβω στην ψυχή / That I hide in the soul
    Δώσ' μου κουράγιο / Give me strength
    Για το ναυάγιο / For the wreck
    Δεν είχα άγιο εγώ μες στη ζωή. / I didn’t have saint (luck) in my life.

Κυλούσε στους ανέμους φυλλαράκι / She was flowing to the winds like little leaf
    Τη βρίσκαν στο δυάρι της... του κόσμου τα δεινά / They were finding her in her apartment… world’s suffering
    Μια νύχτα κάπου στο Μοναστηράκι / A night somewhere in Monastiraki**
    Κατέληξε παιχνίδι στα χέρια του Μηνά. / She ended up a toy in the hands of Minas***.

Η Μαίρη που δεν πήγε σ' άλλα μέρη / Mary who didn’t go to other places
    Που έζησε να κάνει χατίρια αλλονών / Who lived in order to satisfy the desires of the others
    Δραπέτευσε -απ'τον έκτο- μεσημέρι / She escaped –from the 6th (floor)- in the noon
    Τη μέρα που γινότανε τριάντα δύο χρονών / The day that she was becoming 32 years old.

* I don’t know the meaning of this word.
    ** Monastiraki is a place in Athens.
    *** Minas is male name.
    Άνθρωποι τύχης είδωλον επλάσαντο, πρόφασιν ιδίης αβουλίης.

~Δημόκριτος~

3. monaxia said:

thank you very much maria, if i knew it's such a sad song i would'nt bother u with the translation (

kisses

maria_gr said:

Quote Originally Posted by monaxia View Post
    thank you very much maria, if i knew it's such a sad song i would'nt bother u with the translation (

kisses
    No, no you didn't bother me! I like the lyrics, they are sad yes, but wonderful. I'll try to find this song...
    Άνθρωποι τύχης είδωλον επλάσαντο, πρόφασιν ιδίης αβουλίης.

~Δημόκριτος~

Tahira said:

Hi, I can help you with the word taksimi:

It has its origin in arabic music (maybe also in turkish music), it´s a slow part in the middle of a song. It´s only instrumental, the rhythm is slow and only in the background and the musician who is doing the taksim follows completely his mood. So it never follows given tabs, it´s just played from the heart. It can be a violín, or accordeon, flute or ud (guitar) but it´s always an instrumental solo part. It´s improvisation on a high level. So when you are "in the music" you can feel/hear the players mood.

HAve a nice day,
    Tahira