Help Identify Metal Song, Distinctive Video

Thread: Help Identify Metal Song, Distinctive Video

Tags: None
  1. Eshka said:

Default Help Identify Metal Song, Distinctive Video

I'd be much obliged if someone could help me recall the title of this track and the artist - it was a metal/heavy rock song, I remember seeing/hearing it in 2004 at uni, the video featured a strip club in low red lights and not a lot else...I've just totally lost the title and really want to get this song back!

Ta much for your help.

PS Nearly sure it was called the rage or something like that, but I'm almost 100% sure it wasn't an obvious band like Pantera or suchlike...also pretty sure I can recall lyrics along the lines of 'we're supposed to know by now'.
    Last edited by Eshka; 08-25-2007 at 06:34 PM.

2. Luke of Metal said:

Quote Originally Posted by Eshka View Post
    the video featured a strip club in low red lights
    Only video I know with strip clubs in is Girls, Girls, Girls by Motley Crue

klaw0415 said:

there was Avenged Sevenfold's bat country they had a scene or two in a strip club and its heavy metal-ish

lollipop said:

I remember this one video, maybe we are thinking about the same video, Eshka? It was on MTV but they played it on late nights. I remember, they were not playing it during daytime, as MTV got restrictions, and this video fell under that category.

But one thing I remember about this video for a fact; at that time this video was in some kind of MTV's Top 10 for being too revealing/censored etc, and in the same Top 10 was also Prodigy's "Smack My B**** Up"...

In the video there is nothing else, but red curtain and red lights, and then in the middle of stage (or something that sort of) is a stripper, and she moves during song.

Ohh, if I could only remember the name of this band. Maybe someone recognizes that from my info? (I know, pretty bad description, but it was quite known on MTV couple years ago) Maybe there is some kind of Top of MTV's censored videos somewhere in the net, I can't find it, maybe i look with wrong english words...

Now it starts bugging me too...

klaw0415 said:

i looked up the list of the MTV's Most Controversial Video Countdown and it does have Prodigy's song on there but it doesn't have any video on there that i remember that has a stripper in it.... but it could be a really out of date list... idk.

Here's the link to the list...

MTV.com - On-Air - Controversial Videos
    Last edited by klaw0415; 09-23-2007 at 07:44 PM. Reason: added link

klaw0415 said:

Prodigy - Smack My ***** Up (Banned From MTV) - Videos Music - Kewego

It has a scene in a strip club with the low red lights and a stripper...
    starts at 3:13

lollipop said:

In "my" video was during whole video only this red "stripper club lights", possibly (only possibly!) red curtain, and this one stage (or this similar to stage, where they do their act), and a stripper.

And the more and more I think now, then maybe this video was banned, because she was actually stripping there in that video...

Yeah, i have searched all controversial ,outrageous, weird etc top 10-100, and this video is not there
    I already think, maybe my brain plays a trick on me, and it was not in that top 10/20...
    But I got this like glue in my head; I am so sure, that when I saw this video, then i thought: 'Wow, so this video is by THAT band, wow, never would of thought, that their video is so strange and would get censored and get on some kind of 'only allowed at nights'-list...' And then every time, i saw that video, then i had to look for band name, thinking once again: 'this is known band enough, how is it, that I never remember them name, when I see this video?!'

Ok, maybe I have brutally invated Eshka's thread here, because Eshka does NOT say, that there is also a stripper involved in that video, he only says, there is : '...strip club in low red lights and not a lot else', and we may even not talk about different video here

So I'll back off now, and let others guess.