My Greece Is Burning!!!!

Thread: My Greece Is Burning!!!!

Tags: None

kdunlap said:

Tzina is fine actually. She translated a song for me Saturday so I would have to think she is okay too. I am Glad we know some people are okay!!!!!!

2. Timike said:

Default i pray for u, greece!

Hello, dear friends! i know that this site is for lyrics, but all of us who love greece can`t forget these dreadful images about this tragedy, so i can`t listen to music now when this beatiful country is suffering a lot. I feel sadness and fury for those who caused all this, and my condolences to the whole nation. Panselinos, special thanks that u mentioned there is no fire around thessaloniki, i am a bit interested in it and i had no news.
    God bless Greece after this tragedy, i know u are strong and u will recover, this beautiful country van not be defeated. kisses for everyone

tzina772000 said:

I'm fine guys. I'm in Athens so it's pretty far away from the big fires (although we had some smaller ones in Athens). I'm from the Peloponnese though and fire was about 20meters away from the first houses of my village (my house is among those first), but the village (houses+people) were saved. Not the olive trees though, so economically many are ruined. And I really don't know how they will overcome all this, and immagine that I talk about people that were not totally economically ruined (they still have their houses). For me the agony was on Saturday evening and early morning hours of Sunday, I have family+friends down there. About a week ago I was there, and in aperiod of 1week and a half I saw two fires ,both in woods (meaning hard to be extinguished).
    And yes help did arrive from Romania (and other places), but they are not as "crazy" as our guys (and I can't say they didn't do right, our fire fighters are pretty "crazy"!!!)

mister Xazos said:

Quote Originally Posted by tzina772000 View Post
    I'm fine guys. I'm in Athens so it's pretty far away from the big fires (although we had some smaller ones in Athens). I'm from the Peloponnese though and fire was about 20meters away from the first houses of my village (my house is among those first), but the village (houses+people) were saved. Not the olive trees though, so economically many are ruined. And I really don't know how they will overcome all this, and immagine that I talk about people that were not totally economically ruined (they still have their houses). For me the agony was on Saturday evening and early morning hours of Sunday, I have family+friends down there. About a week ago I was there, and in aperiod of 1week and a half I saw two fires ,both in woods (meaning hard to be extinguished).
    And yes help did arrive from Romania (and other places), but they are not as "crazy" as our guys (and I can't say they didn't do right, our fire fighters are pretty "crazy"!!!)
    I'm sorry for you Tzina... Really...
    About Romanian fire workers, I can bet they do their best. I must admit we don't have problems like that, I guess that's why we aren't so crazy like you said. Anyway, Romania joined the group of those willing to help Greece, and maybe other countries are fine staying indifferent.
    In the calamity was Romania too with inundations, and a few countries helped us, altough many were willing to. I thank Greece helped us to pass this, with a big help or less, but intention was the most important.
    If it was by me, believe me that I would send 3/4 of our fire work departament from my country.
    About olive trees, it's awful, because Greece invested a lot in this industry and wins a lot, I'm very sorry...
    I think at those people who see their life work ruined, burned. How they feel ? God...
    Πάρε φιλιά, πάρε καρδιά και μη νοιαστείς για μένα.
    Πάρε ό,τι ζει κι άσε με εκεί
    μόνο στο τίποτα...

mister Xazos said:

And I understand you because last year all the life work of my grandparents where taken by water. We worked a lot to built another house.
    If you need any help I would be glad to help with anything.
    Ps: I hope you didn't misunderstand what I said about my country.
    Best regards.
    μόνο στο τίποτα...

maria_mx said:

Sosollikos I am very happy about marìa tell her I miss her and I wish the best for her, Tzina my condolence and My prayers for all of U... I am from Mèxico and I work to my goverment I am politician, I have a lot of greek wonderful friends in other program and some of them from the states that flied to see their families and I dont know nothing about them I am very worried, I tried to so something for u with my citty I work for but We had a hurriacan in Maya Zones and we are devastaded too so they said we need help our ppl and peruvians too Greece are taking some help from europe, our president called to yours...... My older brother burned at 13 years old and we saw him suffer like crazy last year near my house we had the same as u now but thanks god nothing happened to us I am very sorry for the others belive me I try to help all ppl I can I dont have too much money If I could go there I'll help or Cancùn or Veracruz or any place I am very sad and worry about our world we pray everyday for the whole world but we need be better persons each day to be a better world I whis the best for all of u Greece my heart, prayers with all of u I am glad u are ok and U'll be ok a big big hug and kiss with all my respect Maria_gr Te extraño amiguita lo mejor en tus exàmenes
    [bold]Music....... A way to show our feelings[/b]

7. Lambrops said:

Does anyone know if anything had happened to filiatra ( located in western messinia)?

berrin said:

My condolences to Greek People .I am very happy so I saw Tzina and Panselinos.I am so sorry for you Tzina.If I see Maria I will be better.I didn't see her in MSN.I always see but she isn't.I hope she is better.I pray for you Greece.My condolences to Greek People .It's tragedy.I can't believe why to Greece.I hope get well soon Greece.I felt that pain in Greek people.My all prayer with Maria mou and Greece.
    AGAPO TOSO POLY TIN ELLADA........

panselinos said:

Tzina, my aunt said the house in Petroupoli was all covered with ashes. :/
    No other damages though and everybody is okay.

Poor people. I'm speechless. Hope this nightmare will soon be over.

Maria_mx, you're an angel.

Berrin, thanks a lot. Actually I'm pretty far from the fires, as I'm not in Greece right now, cause I had to leave on Friday. Going back home today though.

maria_mx said:

Paselinos Its nice to see u are ok and I am happy for that I hope this end soon, hugss ....
    [bold]Music....... A way to show our feelings[/b]

11. dya said:

I didn't know about this thread as I didn't log in the forum in the last days. Mainly I watched the news on all TV channels available and read newspapers on the internet.

I can't believe this disaster and I can't believe there's been 5 days since it started and there's nowhere near an end I'm speechless in front of terrifying images that I see over there.

But I'm glad that none of you is directly affected, that you are all safe and your families are safe too. Houses and households and crops, all these can be rebuilt in time, even if it seems so hard, but the loss of human lives can't be overcome. I just pray to God that this nightmare to be over soon and that no more lives to be at loss. My condoleances to all the families who lost the dear ones and my prayers for our friends here to be safe from this disaster.

mister Xazos said:

Quote Originally Posted by berrin View Post
    My condolences to Greek People .I am very happy so I saw Tzina and Panselinos.I am so sorry for you Tzina.If I see Maria I will be better.I didn't see her in MSN.I always see but she isn't.I hope she is better.I pray for you Greece.My condolences to Greek People .It's tragedy.I can't believe why to Greece.I hope get well soon Greece.I felt that pain in Greek people.My all prayer with Maria mou and Greece.
    AGAPO TOSO POLY TIN ELLADA........
    Hey Berrin. Maria is ok, stay calm because she is ok. I was worried too, but I talked to her and I found out she has exams and needs to study.
    Like I said, Maria is ok.
    I guess after she'll finish her exams will be able to talk to you guys and assure she's ok.
    Regards.
    μόνο στο τίποτα...

13. ioanna said:

hey, i am from Greece too...

the fires are still going strong... what is wrong with that people.. why they put fires on us ?

I can't watch the news, i feel so much pain watcing all this, knowning that i can't do nothing to help them....

Stupid people who putting the fires, I hope to get what they deserve.....

Paparizou_Fan said:

I'm very sorry about the fire in Greece !
    Get well soon Greece!

blue velvet said:

it's horrible these days. my friend called me from athens, I am on paros now until weekend, that half peloponnes is burnt down, in euboa and athens, zakyntos everywhere fires, and the most of them didn't start on normal ways. they burn the woods only to gain ground to build afterwards houses there ILLEGAL, and afterwards they legalize it with some money and EVERYTHING is ok.

BUT the 60 people they lost their life will not be alive afterwards the elections on the 16th of september, and a lot of people who lost everything, will not gain it back...

Its a very horrible game they play each summer, and I suppose this summer it was much more than the years before.

I love Greece, but this is not the Greece I love

kalispera
    susi
    Last edited by blue velvet; 08-29-2007 at 12:06 PM.
    αν ο Θεός δεν είναι Έλληνας, τότε γιατί είναι μπλέ και άσπρος ο ουρανός;

16. dya said:

Hi Susi! Long time no see

From what I understood from the news, there's a law in Greece that says something about re-foresting the affected areas in 3 months at most after they're burnt down.

So, I guess it all comes down to actually respecting the law once this nightmare is over. Regarding this and regarding the punishment of the guilty ones. Both the ones who actually set the fires but also the ones who "manoeuvered" from back stage, if that's the case.

Sure you can't bring back the ones who died, you can't give people back everything they lost but at least justice should be made. Unfortunately, I'm afraid that after the elections in September everything will stagnate and that will affect exactly those who suffered the most.

perniki said:

I believe that the fires in Zakynthos are under controll though. Almost every summer the last 5-6years There has been fires on Zakynthos during summer.Talked to my family on Zakynthos yesteday and they are all fine... They told me the fires are "normal", which means they are under controll.

Its horrible,all the fires. So much are destroyed. So many people has died.
    Tradgic..

Fire are close to Patra aswelll...Just hope everythign will be stopped soon.

blue velvet said:

Quote Originally Posted by dya View Post
    Hi Susi! Long time no see
    I missed you too!!! ti kaneis? eimai poly kala kai akoma dio meres douleia sto paros... telos paraskevi,kai pao stin athina for good

the problem is, for example in germany there is an office where each piece of wood is wrote down in a certificate. this doesn't exist in greece, and I am sure never will exist.

the politicians try to blame the fires to the opposite party and so on

filiaki koritsi mou
    susi
    Last edited by blue velvet; 08-29-2007 at 12:19 PM.
    αν ο Θεός δεν είναι Έλληνας, τότε γιατί είναι μπλέ και άσπρος ο ουρανός;

19. dya said:

Susi, I'm glad for youI guess you're really happy now

What you're saying about Germany will never happen in this part of Europe. It's just not in our culture to do things so strictly as not to leave place for any kind of "deals". Unfortunately, this side of Europe, it's the paradise of "deals". Laws are made in such a way that everyone who knows the right person in the right place can make things moving in a certain direction. The political environement is not helping either.

Typically, the country is literally burning and the politicians blame eachother. The opposition I guess takes no action, at a humanitarian level, they just sit and criticise the present government. No matter who wins the elections, things won't get better. If these ones will stay, they'll do what they've done so far. If the other ones come to power they won't do much better because they'll blame the "heritage" from the previous ones. And so on. Meanwhile entire villages have been burnt, a lot of people remained with nothing but the clothes on them and their tragedy becomes a good "political campaign".

The same is and has been happening in Romania in the last 18 years. Everytime we had a natural disaster, the politicians were busy blaming one another, always behind with the organization, the result being that the state institutions which were supposed to take action, took any because they were waiting for directions that came too late. In the middle of the disaster people had to help eachother until they actually got help from the authorities.

Some things never change. They are just brought up to surface when a huge disaster happens. The saddest part is that after all this will be over, so will be all the promises to help the ones in need. Who will actually have to start everything from zero level.

I heard Karamanlis said the government will offer financial hep for those left with nothing. I'm curious how many of those in this situation will actually get this help. If all of them will, then I'll take a deep bow in front of Greek politicians.

y! said:

I listened news now..and I heard that things are getting better..I really hope this will end soon