maria_gr said:

H μάνα η Τούρκα / The Turkish mother

Δύο μάvες κλαίγαvε / Two mothers were crying
    τα ίδια λέγαvε / they were saying the same
    τα μoιρoλόγια. / laments.
    Για γιoύς πoυ θρέψαvε / For sons that they raised
    κι αυτoί πιστέψαvε / and they* believed
    σε κoύφια λόγια. / in hollow words.

Κι oι δυο λεβέvτες για δυο κoυβέvτες / And two brave young men for two words
    είvαι στo χώμα / they are in the ground
    είvαι στo χώμα. / they are in the ground.
    Κι η μάvα η Τoύρκα κι η μάvα η Γκρέκα / And the Turkish mother and the Greek mother
    τoυς κλαίvε ακόμα / they still cry for them
    τoυς κλαίvε ακόμα. / they still cry for them.

Στα ξέvα σμίξαvε / They met each other in foreign lands
    κι oι δυο τραβήξαvε / and both of them pulled
    λάζo μαχαίρι. / knife.
    "Άπιστε!" βρίζαvε / They were swearing “Faithless!”
    κι ύστερα στήσαvε / and then they raised
    ψηλά τo χέρι. / the hand high.

*The sons believed, not the mothers
    Άνθρωποι τύχης είδωλον επλάσαντο, πρόφασιν ιδίης αβουλίης.

~Δημόκριτος~

alp_er said:

its a nice and sensetive song..thnx

maria_gr said:

Yes it is

~Δημόκριτος~

panselinos said:

Sure is. A great one. Although Sfakianakis had been banned from Thessaloniki for a couple of years. As a result of an offensive remark he made...

bogazici86 said:

what a sad and impressive song... It gave me a creeping sensation. very very nice...
    *Life is the art of drawing sufficient conclusions from insufficient premises-----

maria_gr said:

Quote Originally Posted by panselinos View Post
    Sure is. A great one. Although Sfakianakis had been banned from Thessaloniki for a couple of years. As a result of an offensive remark he made...
    Yes Panselinos, he said something very bad, but we are used to it. Athenians call us Bulgarians all the time. I don't think that he has the best character, but I like him as a singer. To speak the truth my mother doesn't like him at all cause of that event.

~Δημόκριτος~

alp_er said:

Quote Originally Posted by maria_gr View Post
    Yes Panselinos, he said something very bad, but we are used to it. Athenians call us Bulgarians all the time. I don't think that he has the best character, but I like him as a singer. To speak the truth my mother doesn't like him at all cause of that event.
    really?!:S

maria_gr said:

Quote Originally Posted by alp_er View Post
    really?!:S
    Yes. He said "Do you want me to say it in bulgarian to understand it?" And the irony is that none Macedonian speaks bulgarian. The elders know some turkish, but no bulgarian.

~Δημόκριτος~

panselinos said:

Yes, alp_er, really. Many people here don't like him because of that reason.

Yeah, Maraki mou, I'm married to an Athenian after all.
    (Who makes fun of me, 'cause I speak like Salonikia. lol)

maria_gr said:

Yes, alp_er, really. Many people here don't like him because of that reason.

Yeah, Maraki mou, I'm married to an Athenian after all.
    (Who makes fun of me, 'cause I speak like Salonikia. lol)
    Hehe I'm from Serres (my origins) and I grew up there, but I was born in Athens and I was living in Pireus about 5 years, so I speak like Athenians. But some months ago I said for the first time "se eipa oti den thelw"! lol. Me and my mum laughed a lot!

~Δημόκριτος~

panselinos said:

"Se eipa", "na se pw", "kane me"...

At first I used to speak that way when I wanted to make fun, but now I'm afraid it's becoming a habit. lol

Alp_er, Athenians call us "Bulgarians" (and by "us" I mean the people from Thessaloniki), because many years ago Thessaloniki was under Bulgarian domination, that's all. Balkan wars kai malakies (sorry for the language). It's supposed to be a heavy insult, nonetheless it makes me proud, because I'm Bulgarian anyway.

Athens and Thessaloniki are in constant war with each other over the question of which city is better.

maria_gr said:

"Se eipa", "na se pw", "kane me"...

At first I used to speak that way when I wanted to make fun, but now I'm afraid it's becoming a habit. lol

Alp_er, Athenians call us "Bulgarians" (and by "us" I mean the people from Thessaloniki), because many years ago Thessaloniki was under Bulgarian domination, that's all. Balkan wars kai malakies (sorry for the language). It's supposed to be a heavy insult, nonetheless it makes me proud, because I'm Bulgarian anyway.

Athens and Thessaloniki are in constant war with each other over the question of which city is better.
    Hehe for you it's not, but for Greeks yes. You know how much I like Bulgaria, but I cannot bear my own compatriots to call me Bulgarian, cause I'm exactly like them. We did nothing to them and it's really annoying. And people from Serres find it very offensive cause Bulagarian in the past burned my city twice. Don't worry about "malakies", I agree that balkan wars were that!

~Δημόκριτος~

alp_er said:

you're all right i wouldnt like if someone calls me another region too..but anyway we're all human..yes i know all of u like Bulgaria ,dont get me wrong..but yes its annoying when the people say something very surely when its not real
    i like the song anyway..
    Last edited by alp_er; 09-03-2007 at 12:00 PM.

15. mike78 said:

Quote Originally Posted by maria_gr View Post
    Yes. He said "Do you want me to say it in bulgarian to understand it?" And the irony is that none Macedonian speaks bulgarian. The elders know some turkish, but no bulgarian.

but sfakianakis is kretan not athenian
    isn't he?

maria_gr said:

Quote Originally Posted by mike78 View Post
    but sfakianakis is kretan not athenian
    isn't he?
    I think that he's from Rhodes. Anyway I don't know, but I have heard it from Athenians. Believe me I was born there, my parents lived there about 20 years and they were living it everyday.

~Δημόκριτος~

YpNoS said:

I blame football (soccer for the Americans) for all the wrong things in this country

As for "Notis" his anxiety to be different than other artists sadly wasnt contained in his way of dressing (I have a pic of him with me when he used to sing here with Vandi yeaaaaars ago, and he is exactly dressed like a gypsy lol) but he took it further to a "think-tank" attitude. Naturally, anxiety leads to mistakes and alas, he surely made some. And the best proof that proves his idiotic anxiety is the fact that the mother of his children is.. English (a reason he shouldnt mess with nationalities, one could say).

-d
    Last edited by YpNoS; 09-03-2007 at 05:38 PM.

YpNoS said:

As for the Athenian part vs the Thessaloniki one, as my uncle used to say "Everytime you say me instead of mou, se instead of sou etc, go in front of a mirror and practice". I have failed totally. I grew up near Peiraias (PFaliro, Kalamaki) and I find myself using "se leo", "me eipe", malllaka, filllaraki (with 3 ls lol) so what can I say. Thessaloniki will get inside your dna after a while.. and such a beauty that it is, it is most natural to happen!

The rest adjectives deriving from bloody football like "Bulgarians", "Xanoumia", "Gavroi", "Tourkoi" etc etc its just a nonsense that happily the last few years is limited within an amount of young illiterated hardcore fans that surely dont care about sports but about who is better and who will kick more asses etc.
    And the war is now mainly foccused in the development of Athens vs the forgotten co-capital that hasnt seen a serious main project in decades.. lets see how the metro will do now
    "Τα αλλοπαρμένα αγγελούδια μου κοίτα
    πως ξεμυτάνε απ’ του ουρανού τα λημέρια
    Κι όλοι το ξέρουν πως
    απόψε θα έχουμε μια όμορφη νύχτα
    κι αύριο θα είναι μια καλύτερη μέρα.."

maria_gr said:

You grew up in Palaio Faliro? I spent the first five years of my life in Kaminia! Well I always say that I hate Athens, but Peireas is beautiful!

Btw you forgot to say "vazeloi" and "skoulikia" lol

~Δημόκριτος~

panselinos said:

Είμαστε καρχαρίες, αγάπη μου. :d

Καλημέρα, παιδιά.