Hits and Love Greek Music

Thread: Hits and Love Greek Music

Tags: None

maria_mx said:

Talking Hits and Love Greek Music

I dont know If is correct that I open this Thread but I would like to know the Greek Hits and Romantic or Love Greek songs; cuz I love extremly greek music, but sometimes I love the sound of one song and I tought it is love and then when I see the translation is not, I can help with spanish hits I am learning Greek but It is very hard; but with maria_gr, and all the greek guys that helps us with all this Is getting interesting and a little easier; since I found this website I am so happy, sorry If I did wrong with this Thread; feel confortoble to ask me music or spanish or english trantlations not greek XAXA, learning now my respect for all of u
    [bold]Music....... A way to show our feelings[/b]

panselinos said:

Maria mou, trust me, 99 % of the Greek songs are love ones.

maria_mx said:

Paselinos yes but the most of the time is like brokes and sad love and Thank u for all your great help... Do u have favorites?

maria_mx said:

maria_gr I love ammos nice band do u have the lyrics Is a good one thank u for all your help sweettie Buena Suerte en tus exámenes

panselinos said:

Yeah, that's true, most of them are sad ones. Sensitive and sentimental people we are.

Yes, I have many favourite songs, but... they're not exactly about love. Or if they are, then they're of the melancholic type of songs. :/

maria_mx said:

I like very much sensitive persons and specialy greeks are I was living in states and I met ppl from there but I belive that we are what we think and I want to keep me possitive thats why I wonder for special love songs or possitives and u guys are great in music I noticed that u have great music and songs I LOVE THAT i have many songs in greek but i am leanirng

maria_mx said:

I saw maria_gr posted in other forum the top ten greeks songs at that moment u can do that here and help us all ppl that we love greek music

panselinos said:

My musical taste is kinda odd.

For instance, right now I'm listening to one of my most favorite songs - "I telia parexigisi" by Alkinoos Ioannidis and Active Member. Most of the people wouldn't like it. It's not of the popular kind of songs and it has never been a hit of any kind.
    "Πρωί και βράδυ και πρωί μία σελήνη ακροβατεί κι ένας βλαμμένος ήλιος. Στης μέρας το λεπτό σκοινί στεγνώνουν οι άλλοι μου εαυτοί και παραμένω ίδιος". No comment. Just brilliant!

Or "Kathreftis" by Alkinoos Ioannidis - one of the best song lyrics ever (inspired by Gabriel García Márquez' short story "Un señor muy viejo con unas alas enormes"). Or "Edgar Allan Poe" by Alkinoos, for example (it's obvious whom it is dedicated to).

Apart from Ioannidis, another favourite song of mine - "Eis mnimosynon" by Eleni Vitali. Such a beautiful song, amazing lyrics!
    I wouldn't be able to make even a decent translation of this song, let alone a proper one.

My problem is that songs like "I love you, you leave me" or "my heart's so broken and I'm so gonna die" bore me. But that's just me.

In general, I'm more of an old school fan - rempetika and palia laika songs. And entehno as much as possible.

maria_mx said:

Wow that is great I find this very interesting I dont like just love and that but when u read or feel a song is great U are a very inteligent girl and Is very respecful your wonderful way I'll serch those songs I think I have one by Ioannidis, I'll see

panselinos said:

Nah, I just think that a couple of catchy musical tunes and hooks are not enough to make one song good. They could make a one-day-lasting hit of it, nothing more.

Hmm... Optimistic, you say? Let's see...

Antonis Remos - Kardia mou, min anisyxeis (dedicated to my husband )

Antonis Remos - Mia kardia gia senane (this one too The original song is actually by Filippos Nikolaou, it's an oldie)

P.S. Another singer I love - Alkistis Protopsalti. Fonara!

mister Xazos said:

One advice for Maria: try to search The Hellas Orchestra. I like very much this orchestra
    I don't think you'll find too many happy songs (comparing to sad ones). Like Panselinos said, they are awsome Or, I like very much their culture, and I guess they're nice people. Or.. untill now, Maria Is a veritable friend I have no doubts many greeks are the same, but everbody has his unique syle.
    Panselinos.. You're married ?
    Πάρε φιλιά, πάρε καρδιά και μη νοιαστείς για μένα.
    Πάρε ό,τι ζει κι άσε με εκεί
    μόνο στο τίποτα...

mister Xazos said:

BTw Panselinos. Help a poor person who is fighting to learn how to play with kompoloi. I mean me... God, I'm trying with all my powers to learn. I got injured once
    A help ? PLease... Someday I'll get killed (hahaa)
    Filia
    μόνο στο τίποτα...

panselinos said:

Yes, sir, I am. To the most miraculous and lovely Dimitris of them all.

maria_mx said:

wow thank u very much u guys u are the best and paselinos u are great girl and Soso I am so happy to see u again thanks for the recomendations

maria_mx said:

I like Antonis Remos and Sotis Vanalis

mister Xazos said:

Congratz ! I'll never get married .
    Well, Panselinos mou (I'm amazed how I use this form, I don;t use this kind of expression neither in Romanian or English or French.. bla; from Maria I've take this one) cani ask you smth ?
    Maria meta kitrina translation and lyrics I like it very much And the name is very nice
    μόνο στο τίποτα...

maria_mx said:

Nice ones by the way paselinos do uhave the lyrics and translations pls sorry to bother that much

mister Xazos said:

Quote Originally Posted by maria_mx View Post
    I like Antonis Remos and Sotis Vanalis
    I like very much Remos. "Meine" is my favourite song, although I listen it only when I'm sad. It means something, I guess you undestand.
    About Vanalis I didn;t hear. I like (since a few days) Karras
    Fenomeno eimai ego Altough Maria is amazed how can I like this voice well, mine sounds the same... and the windows are breaking ...
    μόνο στο τίποτα...

panselinos said:

You're most welcome, kouklitsa.

Soso, to deal with the beads you gotta be either Greek, or Turkish, or of them extremely old Bulgarians (cause nobody does that anymore in Bulgaria many years now).

P.S. Okay, guys, I'll see what I can do.

maria_mx said:

Hey he has a different voice since I saw your post I got some music from him , I like Anna Vissi too and Elli Kokkinou and Xrista and Ammos a band that likes our maria mou