A greek problem !!

Thread: A greek problem !!

Tags: None

olga24 said:

Default A greek problem !!

Yia sou all !!

I have aBGreek friend (who i like a lot). He lives in the U.S. (i used to live there and we had something...) but now i live in México and we see each other every six months...

The thing is i don't know if he likes me... he sends me messages saying things like " mou leipeis mwraki mou" or "ti kanis koukla mou" "pou ise kwrona mou" and other stuff... and i would like some greek people (or people who know greeks well) to tell me (from their particular point of view) if you think he likes me or if he is just playing with me or trying to be nice...

Sorry to bother you with my personal life but i really like him, actually i stared learning greek, and i love this site cuz im hoping songs will help me learn faster....

Also it would be nice if somebody could teach me nice lines in greek to tell him in a textmessage or something hehe (i want to impress him with my greek hehe)

Thanks in advance

Filakia polla !!

YpNoS said:

If you dont mind me asking where are you from?

About the lines he used.. "koukla mou" is something that someone can use for a friend as well so it doesnt mean much. "Korwna mou" is a rather old greek expression and its used for someone you really admire and you think very high of (it still doesnt mean much in the erotic field). "Mwraki mou" (bingo!) is something you use for your girlfriend.
    I surely cannot say if he likes you indeed or he is playin with you from 3 lines This is up to you since you know him and you had "something" with him.
    Getting one step back, i would say that he is flirting with you. How much serious? I am in no position to say.

Let us know how you wish to reply to him (as a gf, as a friend? etc) and I am sure me or someone else will provide you with the right lines

Cheers,

-d

olga24 said:

Thanks so much YpNos !!

Im actually from México but i spnet two years in america learning english anhd thats when i met him...His name is Dimitrios by the way...
    We had kind of relationship for a while but not a serious one cuz we knew i was comming back to México... but everytime we see each other its like we've never been apart...i don't know if you understand what i mean...

For example yesterday he sent me a message saying mou leipeis kaula mou...im not sure of what that means... anyway... he also said filakia pantou mwraki mou... and i thought whaaaaaaaaat hehehehe

So i don´t know what to think... i didn´t reply the message cuz i have no idea what to say or how to act hehe... i need advice !!

I hope me and you can be friends and you can help me !! And of course if you need any help im willing to do as much as i can hehe...i speak spanish in case you need any translation or something !!

Efxaristo !!

maria_gr said:

Oh my God, he said that to you? Then I must think that he is interested about you. Now if you want to say something say it to me to translate it, btw i speak spanish too.
    Άνθρωποι τύχης είδωλον επλάσαντο, πρόφασιν ιδίης αβουλίης.

~Δημόκριτος~

olga24 said:

It's great that you speak spanish... ¿Qué significan kaula mou y filakia pantou exactamente?

How can i say how are you sweety or Whats new honey?

YpNoS said:

Quote Originally Posted by olga24 View Post
    Thanks so much YpNos !!

Im actually from México but i spnet two years in america learning english anhd thats when i met him...His name is Dimitrios by the way...
    We had kind of relationship for a while but not a serious one cuz we knew i was comming back to México... but everytime we see each other its like we've never been apart...i don't know if you understand what i mean...

For example yesterday he sent me a message saying mou leipeis kaula mou...im not sure of what that means... anyway... he also said filakia pantou mwraki mou... and i thought whaaaaaaaaat hehehehe

So i don´t know what to think... i didn´t reply the message cuz i have no idea what to say or how to act hehe... i need advice !!

I hope me and you can be friends and you can help me !! And of course if you need any help im willing to do as much as i can hehe...i speak spanish in case you need any translation or something !!

Efxaristo !!
    My oh my... First of all nice to meet you. Back to the issue, "mou leipeis kavla mou" means that uhm well, he misses you and he thinks you are very hot (kavla = slang for a woman that causes erection to a man, a sexy woman). "Filakia pantou moraki mou" means that he sends you kisses all over (all over yes!) and he considers you again his baby (moraki mou).

So once again, the choice is yours. Now that you know, you will decide how to act/react and what to say or imply.

He is one horny man alright hehe. Typical Mediteranean us

As Maria suggested, think what you wish to write to him, and I am sure someone will help you with pleasure.

Quote Originally Posted by olga24 View Post
    How can i say how are you sweety or Whats new honey?
    As for that,

How are you sweety? = Ti kaneis glyke mou?
    Whats new honey? = Poia einai ta nea sou omorfe?

The translations are not exact from English but he will get the meaning.. Good thing about Greek is that you can say one and the same thing with over 1000 ways.

(I have the same name btw, Dimitrios!)

olga24 said:

Oh my God...i cant believe he wrote that to me..
    You are right i think he is a horney man...
    Thanks for the translations...i´ve noticed in greek there are "hilia" ways to say the same thing !!!!
    I´ll keep asking for some more...

Efxaristo poli Dimitraki !! (if it doesn´t bother you that i call you Dimitraki hehe)
    kali nixta

panselinos said:

"K***a mou"? :| Xriste mou! What kind of language is that from him! (Dimitri, this does not apply to you. )
    This is not the way you address someone you just like, because it's not decorous at all.
    Guys, do not make me become the censor of the forum please. lol

Olga, these are things I hear every day, but... I have a ring on my finger, so I wouldn't know.

YpNoS said:

Quote Originally Posted by panselinos View Post
    Olga, these are things I hear every day, but... I have a ring on my finger, so I wouldn't know.
    From who?

And Olga no problem at all My pleasure.

I ll give you a bonus. Learn how to count to 1000 with just 3 words,
    "Ματια, μυτη, Χειλια!"
    matia, miti, xilia
    (eyes, nose, lips)
    Just a game we used to play when we were kids lol.

Χειλια = lips
    Χιλια = 1000 (1 thousand)

1000 ways indeed

-d
    "Τα αλλοπαρμένα αγγελούδια μου κοίτα
    πως ξεμυτάνε απ’ του ουρανού τα λημέρια
    Κι όλοι το ξέρουν πως
    απόψε θα έχουμε μια όμορφη νύχτα
    κι αύριο θα είναι μια καλύτερη μέρα.."

panselinos said:

Quote Originally Posted by YpNoS View Post
    From who?
    From Agios Vasilis. Τον ξέρεις;

tzina772000 said:

This is not the way you address someone you just like, because it's not decorous at all.
    Guys, do not make me become the censor of the forum please. lol
    younger men do say that and even more (just go to a park and you will hear the beautiful language they use)

panselinos said:

Tell me about it, Tzina. :/
    Not that my language is refined, exquisite and decent, not at all, but... Eleos!
    (Here Ypnos would come and say "βρίζεις σαν λιμενεργάτης, μωρό μου", but that's a whole different story. )

YpNoS said:

Στον ερωτα και στον πολεμο, ολα επιτρεπονται.. ακομα και οι βωμολοχιες

Etsi gatoula?
    Κι όλοι το ξέρουν πως

panselinos said:

Έτσι, αρκουδάκι μου, ό,τι πεις εσύ.

Umm... Who said anything against it anyway?

YpNoS said:

Έτσι, αρκουδάκι μου, ό,τι πεις εσύ.

Umm... Who said anything against it anyway?

O papa Noel

Good night,

-d
    Κι όλοι το ξέρουν πως

panselinos said:

So you know him after all. Μπράβο σου.

olga24 said:

"Ματια, μυτη, Χειλια!"
    matia, miti, xilia
    (eyes, nose, lips)

Hey dimitraki ... sorry for being dumb but i didn't understand this... i got the part that lips and 1000 are almost the same... but what do matia and miti have to do with counting to ten??? hehehe

filakia

YpNoS said:

It was just a children game we used to play baaaaaack then. Two kids competing who can count faster till 1000... So the ones that "cheated" used the matia miti xilia line lol and ofcourse won. It has nothing to do with the topic..

I just remembered it and thought I should post it but now I kinda find it silly and not very succesful My bad!

-d
    Κι όλοι το ξέρουν πως

tzina772000 said:

Quote Originally Posted by YpNoS View Post
    It was just a children game we used to play baaaaaack then. Two kids competing who can count faster till 1000... So the ones that "cheated" used the matia miti xilia line lol and ofcourse won. It has nothing to do with the topic..

I just remembered it and thought I should post it but now I kinda find it silly and not very succesful My bad!

-d
    I remember that game too (I was the cheater )

YpNoS said:

Quote Originally Posted by tzina772000 View Post
    I remember that game too (I was the cheater )

I was the loser lol Even my sis (shes 9 years younger) beat me
    Κι όλοι το ξέρουν πως