Mid/Late 90's Alternative Rock Song...

Thread: Mid/Late 90's Alternative Rock Song...

Tags: None
  1. the jcc said:

Default Mid/Late 90's Alternative Rock Song...

Okay. I'm pretty sure this is a mid 90's song. It may be late 90's, but I doubt that. The verse has a kind of crunchy hard rock riff. Then the chorus has the singer go something like "Cause everything is gonna be alright..." and the song suddenly goes all smooth jazz with, I believe, a saxophone. I'm sure this part was played on Beavis & Butthead because I remember them freaking out when the smooth jazz section came in. The chorus also had something about "marry me marry me", probably. My memory is hazy as its been ten years since I'd heard it, but it was on regular rotation on KROQ, my local alternative rock station. Thanks for any help.

2. yoey said:

everything everything by dramarama

F A B Scott said:

Quote Originally Posted by yoey View Post
    everything everything by dramarama
    Do you mean Anything, Anything by Dramarama

4. the jcc said:

Thanks for the replies, but it is not that classic song. The song I am looking for has a much slower pace. Thanks, though...

SOULstice said:

The comments on that video mention someone called Grey Daze... perhaps they did a cover?
    "And the music shall set you free..."

6. boondock said:

sorry to revive an old thread but I think i'm thinking of the exact same song your trying to find. ahhh!! its driving me crazy. the fact that there's a saxophone in the song should've made this song easier to identify. anyone?

7. the jcc said:

Well, I actually found it what song this was a few months after I posted here, but unfortunately I forgot which site this was so I couldn't post who it is. This took me downloading a bunch of Beavis & Butthead fan dvd's before I got to the episode that had the video. And the song was "Very Best Years" by a band called The Grays. I recall I jumped up and down like a moron when I got to said video. Now I only have a couple of hard to describe female fronted pop punk songs to I.D. and I can die a happy man...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vtkgE4h_EKw