Best music, best stars

Thread: Best music, best stars

Tags: None

mister Xazos said:

Quote Originally Posted by panselinos View Post

Who could be bored at the age of 19 anyway?

It wasn't a good point Panse
    I have almost 19 and...
    Anyway, time flies away without to come back...
    Πάρε φιλιά, πάρε καρδιά και μη νοιαστείς για μένα.
    Πάρε ό,τι ζει κι άσε με εκεί
    μόνο στο τίποτα...

madelaine said:

It's like stating that if Orhan Pamuk, for instance, hadn't been awarded the Noble Prize for Literature, he wouldn't have been the wonderful writer he is.
    A ridiculous statement, don't you reckon.

Or if you have no diploma, that means you don't work hard?
    Or that people who don't have diplomas are lower than the ones who do?
    Perhaps I should be disdainful of everyone who doesn't know what a "nasal mutation" is?
    Pretty egocentric and prejudiced. And not very reasonable.

Life itself makes one more sophisticated. Experience.
    In 5-6 years you'll see the world through a different perspective either way.

Indeed! The choices you make is what matters, not how many papers you possess.

Because even one thousand diplomas could not make you a better person for your family, for your friends, for your own self.
    They could make you just an officially acknowledged expert in.. something.
    Which, of course, would be great, but it's not enough.

To be eager for knowledge is creditable, and education is a worthwhile end in itself. Yet you should feel it as a necessity, because knowledge and education are not one and the same thing, they are not terms that are interchangeable – knowledge goes way beyond education. And beyond diplomas.
    Wisdom.

Who could be bored at the age of 19 anyway?

______

Xristos kai Panagia! I do sound like a mormon preacher! LOL I apologize.

You have a slightly different opinion than mine but still, I can’t disagree with you. Sometimes I believe I’m old fashioned for interfering with education all the time. Most of my friends think that college is not essential. They all work hard but not all of them attend a 4-year university. They are wonderful people.
    I never felt superior for attending the college I attend, for receiving great scholarships for my knowledge or for being part of a family whose members have several degrees. That has never made my family stick together.

I’m trying to be independent. My independence relies on my college. That’s why I see my future through the gates of my education. And besides this, I am honestly interested in research; I am interested in learning. It doesn’t make me better than that someone who finds his happiness in something else; it’s just a way of being many people pick or ignore. And when I mentioned boredom, I meant that my life wouldn’t be as interesting otherwise. I am 19 and happy with the life I have; and it’s not only school…it’s much more than that. And as u said, happiness and integrity requires more than one thing.

Only 1% of the world has a university degree. I respect those people for having the chance and desire to literally study. And the 99% must have found something more important in this world besides studying, which is totally right as well.

panselinos said:

So you've made your choice. It's noteworthy and remarkable. My respectful compliments.

Unfortunately, for some people education is a luxury they cannot afford.

madelaine said:

So you've made your choice. It's noteworthy and remarkable. My respectful compliments.

Unfortunately, for some people education is a luxury they cannot afford.

Thank you. I am glad to meet intelligent people and have the chance to debate on such topics.

I enjoy the correlation between your opinion and Dimitris's opinion. You guys just match!

blue velvet said:

What you do before and during that time is your call, too.

Wisdom does not always mean old age.
    exactly, take a look at me, 42 years, two divorces, four children AND what does this woman now? she is making a move to greece for good, plus she enjoys sometimes a greek...(if you want the innocent version, enjoys somtimes a greek MEAL)

susi
    Last edited by blue velvet; 09-13-2007 at 04:25 PM.
    αν ο Θεός δεν είναι Έλληνας, τότε γιατί είναι μπλέ και άσπρος ο ουρανός;

panselinos said:

Quote Originally Posted by madelaine View Post
    Thank you. I am glad to meet intelligent people and have the chance to debate on such topics.

I enjoy the correlation between your opinion and Dimitris's opinion. You guys just match!
    So am I. : )))
    And I apologize for my tone, it's most likely a result of pms.

Nah, glykia mou, Dimitris is always in opposition. We argue all the time (), but when I'm wrong, I'm too stubborn (and silly) to admit it. lol

Hahaha! Susi You're amazing!
    That's called "living an energetic life".

blue velvet said:

for sure, it's time to live like this AND the decision to leave germany to greece was most probably one of the most imprtant decisions, except the birth of my children, no matter how long I will stay in greece. and who knows what's the next decision, maybe I will live in africa, when I am a real grandma

susi
    Last edited by blue velvet; 09-13-2007 at 06:59 PM.

panselinos said:

It's not as far as you think. If you wanna live in Africa, just come to Thessaloniki. According to Dimi we live in Zimbabwe.

But seriously, I'd really love to visit Africa some day.

blue velvet said:

It's not as far as you think. If you wanna live in Africa, just come to Thessaloniki. According to Dimi we live in Zimbabwe.

But seriously, I'd really love to visit Africa some day.
    when I am fed up from athens I will visit you!

susi

madelaine said:

So am I.
    And I apologize for my tone, it's most likely a result of pms.

Nah, glykia mou, Dimitris is always in opposition. We argue all the time (), but when I'm wrong, I'm too stubborn (and silly) to admit it. lol

hm... an intelligent woman is stubborn. what does 'glykia mou' mean?? damn!! i'm so frustrated... i can't speak Greek! i have such a special friend from Greece and i can barely tell him anything in Greek!

blue velvet said:

Quote Originally Posted by madelaine View Post
    hm... an intelligent woman is stubborn. what does 'glykia mou' mean?? damn!! i'm so frustrated... i can't speak Greek! i have such a special friend from Greece and i can barely tell him anything in Greek!
    in german it means *meine süsse* in english it should be *my sweet*

stay here and try to learn more greek with greek songs. and maybe you try this one:

Free Online Translator

plus I have a VERY good dictionary:

dialogi - dialoge griechisch - deutsch, deutsch- griechisch, and there is also one available in english - greek, greek - english.

Ellinoekdotiki Olympia is the publisher of those books, the author of the german one is ΧΡΥΣΑΝΘΗ ΣΜΠΗΛΙΑ

susi
    Last edited by blue velvet; 09-14-2007 at 12:55 PM.

mister Xazos said:

Quote Originally Posted by blue velvet View Post
    exactly, take a look at me, 42 years, two divorces, four children AND what does this woman now? she is making a move to greece for good, plus she enjoys sometimes a greek...(if you want the innocent version, enjoys somtimes a greek MEAL)

susi
    OMG ! SUSI, I admire you ! I must say that you're brave !
    And after you've been through, you're still making plans and have a taste for live.
    Well Done Susi ! really...
    μόνο στο τίποτα...

blue velvet said:

Quote Originally Posted by Sosollikos View Post
    OMG ! SUSI, I admire you ! I must say that you're brave !
    And after you've been through, you're still making plans and have a taste for live.
    Well Done Susi ! really...
    efcharisto para poly

it was a long and windy road, but for the moment I feel completely comfortable with my life and my plans

susi

mister Xazos said:

parakalw.
    How not to apreciate a person like you ?
    my mother did the same and she's happy now, one thing misses, but she's ok...
    μόνο στο τίποτα...

blue velvet said:

parakalw.
    How not to apreciate a person like you ?
    my mother did the same and she's happy now, one thing misses, but she's ok...
    OHHHHHHHHHHHHH, would you tell me about her?

A lot of so called friends in Germany don't understand my decision, and try to convince me to stay here

susi

mister Xazos said:

She'a a tall woman, 1.75m, slim, her eyes are green and brown haired.
    She met Konstantinos, (my father) and they have one child. After 2 years, they broke up. She met another man, with whom she's merried. She started again a new life (of course, I'm her only child) away from Romania.
    it's up to me if I go in Barcelona to study or not...
    She is very happy with her family, glad with this situation.

That's all
    μόνο στο τίποτα...

mister Xazos said:

Quote Originally Posted by blue velvet View Post
    OHHHHHHHHHHHHH, would you tell me about her?

A lot of so called friends in Germany don't understand my decision, and try to convince me to stay here

susi
    Listen to your heart...
    μόνο στο τίποτα...

YpNoS said:

Dunno about other countries, but tonight Greece is on fire! Our boys in basketball team has made us proud once again and turn over a negative score of 16 points that Slovenia had as an advantage in just 5 mins which is a new record for a national team.
    Tomorrow we meet and we greet the Spanish team and I hope on Sunday night we will be in the final game.
    Its a bad thing for our politicians since on Sunday we have elections but.. basketball comes first

Hot damn, this game was better than ... I wont say it cuz my woman will slap me lol! My heart still beats 200 times per minute lol

Regards from hellish Hellas
    "Τα αλλοπαρμένα αγγελούδια μου κοίτα
    πως ξεμυτάνε απ’ του ουρανού τα λημέρια
    Κι όλοι το ξέρουν πως
    απόψε θα έχουμε μια όμορφη νύχτα
    κι αύριο θα είναι μια καλύτερη μέρα.."

blue velvet said:

Listen to your heart...
    my heart...I don't have to listen long time, I know since more than one year what my heart prefers

susi

blue velvet said:

Quote Originally Posted by YpNoS View Post
    Dunno about other countries, but tonight Greece is on fire! Our boys in basketball team has made us proud once again

Regards from hellish Hellas
    BRAVO

I only saw the match against ...let me think after....russia or serbia????

susi