Best music, best stars

Thread: Best music, best stars

Tags: None

madelaine said:

Default Best music, best stars

Hey guys!! I am interested to know who is the most popular singer/star in Greece? I would like to know a couple of names so I could look up the latest greek music

panselinos said:

There is no such thing as "the most popular star" in Greece.
    There are too many singers and all of them are quite popular.
    And it depends on the style, of course.

If we're talking about pop and modern laika, then I'd mention Elena Paparizou, Anna Vissi, Despina Vandi, Mihalis Hatzigiannis, Giannis Ploutarhos, Peggy Zina, Kaiti Garbi, Elli Kokkinou, Thanos Petrelis...

mister Xazos said:

I would like to say : MICHALIS HATZIGIANNIS
    And Maria would say the same
    Πάρε φιλιά, πάρε καρδιά και μη νοιαστείς για μένα.
    Πάρε ό,τι ζει κι άσε με εκεί
    μόνο στο τίποτα...

panselinos said:

I didn't miss mentioning him.

mister Xazos said:

well Panse, today it's a great day
    Πάρε φιλιά, πάρε καρδιά και μη νοιαστείς για μένα.
    Πάρε ό,τι ζει κι άσε με εκεί
    μόνο στο τίποτα...

blue velvet said:

so from me, the grandmother I want to say:

giannis parios, haris alexiou, antonis remos, notis sfakianakis, stelios kazanzidis, natasa theodoridou, mikis theodorakis

geia sas
    susi
    αν ο Θεός δεν είναι Έλληνας, τότε γιατί είναι μπλέ και άσπρος ο ουρανός;

panselinos said:

Madelaine asked about the latest Greek music, that's why I didn't mention any of the old names, Susi.

(I wouldn't put Theodoridou's name next to Kazantzidis'. )

blue velvet said:

Quote Originally Posted by panselinos View Post
    Madelaine asked about the latest Greek music, that's why I didn't mention any of the old names, Susi.

(I wouldn't put Theodoridou's name next to Kazantzidis'. )
    ok, ok, I got you, but to talk about popular greek music, the 'old' ones should not be forgotten, what would be greek music without theodorakis for example?

mixalis besides natasa, ok, you are right - i prefer giannis with natasa and 'de se xeperasa'

susi

madelaine said:

WOW!! thanks guys! i'm on the right track now! I'm glad to receive more opinions; i will check everything out. I'm familiar with some of these names... but obviously you have much more to say. 10x again!

panselinos said:

I can't stand Theodoridou in general.

Yeah, but this time we're not talking about hmmm... popular songs, but about modern and pop music, I think.
    Otherwise I'd immediately say Dimitris Mitropanos. And, of course, Alkinoos Ioannidis.

Unless I misunderstood Madelaine.

Yes, Theodorakis is a great composer. He's not the only one though - we have also Hatzidakis, Plessas, Loizos, Xarhakos...

blue velvet said:

to talk about popular greek music today, xatzigiannis and remos (no matter if he is gay or not) would be my first choice.

but everybody as he likes

susi

madelaine said:

Quote Originally Posted by blue velvet View Post
    to talk about popular greek music today, xatzigiannis and remos (no matter if he is gay or not) would be my first choice.

but everybody as he likes

susi
    OOOOOOO!!! By the way!! about gay guys... Before I came to Greece this summer someone warned me that there are a LOT of handsome men but a LOT of gays as well. Is this a mean gossip or a partial truth??
    I met a lot of people... no one seemed gay to me... not at all!

madelaine said:

I can't stand Theodoridou in general.

Yeah, but this time we're not talking about hmmm... popular songs, but about modern and pop music, I think.
    Otherwise I'd immediately say Dimitris Mitropanos. And, of course, Alkinoos Ioannidis.

Unless I misunderstood Madelaine.

Yes, Theodorakis is a great composer. He's not the only one though - we have also Hatzidakis, Plessas, Loizos, Xarhakos...
    Honestly, i don't care if they are the latest singers or not. It takes time for a singer to become well known, "a star", as we call it today. I think that those singers that impress people the most are the best. So good! i'm glad to have all these names. I was usually chasing your lyric translations in order to spot out a good artist.

blue velvet said:

Quote Originally Posted by madelaine View Post
    I met a lot of people... no one seemed gay to me... not at all!
    if you would have been on paros, in naoussa, like I was, you would have met ONLY gay men (and by the way VERY attractive men), more than 90% during the summer are gay - I was out one night with 7 gays, it was one of my best and funniest nights! women's best friends are gay!

susi

panselinos said:

Remos is a really good singer, I like him a lot.
    It's his own business what he does in his private life, that has nothing to do with his professional qualifications.

lol Maddie I don't know, maybe cause I don't really care whether someone is gay or not (unless they hit on my husband ), as long as they're good people.

I wouldn't know about the handsome men either. I'm married.

P.S. Right on, Susi! I thoroughly agree on the "best friend" part.

blue velvet said:

l I don't really care whether someone is gay or not (unless they hit on my husband )

I could tell you now a story of my past, concerning to this BUT I don't want to shock anybody here

susi

madelaine said:

if you would have been on paros, in naoussa, like I was, you would have met ONLY gay men (and by the way VERY attractive men), more than 90% during the summer are gay - I was out one night with 7 gays, it was one of my best and funniest nights! women's best friends are gay!

susi

That's weird! but are they Greek gays? or is it just a place where gay people gather the most?
    I went to Paralia Katerini...and it was my best vacation ever! there were many attractive men as well but they looked heterosexual.
    Many opinions lead to what you just said: there are many very very attractive men that are actually gay. I can’t comprehend it ?why?

blue velvet said:

Quote Originally Posted by madelaine View Post
    That's weird! but are they Greek gays? or is it just a place where gay people gather the most?
    both, I was working for a french gay couple, one of my gay collegues is greek, and I met english-belgium couple, greek couple and so on

susi

panselinos said:

I could tell you now a story of my past, concerning to this BUT I don't want to shock anybody here

susi
    Umm... I've been through this too. lol

"Πες μου που είσαι τώρα και τι κάνεις, ΤΕΛΟΣ".

madelaine said:

Remos is a really good singer, I like him a lot.
    It's his own business what he does in his private life, that has nothing to do with his professional qualifications.

lol Maddie I don't know, maybe cause I don't really care whether someone is gay or not (unless they hit on my husband ), as long as they're good people.

I wouldn't know about the handsome men either. I'm married.

P.S. Right on, Susi! I thoroughly agree on the "best friend" part.
    I don't care either! It’s been said that America is the land of freedom and that the greatest variety of sexually reoriented people is here. So it's kinda shocking to find out that it became a trend all over the world. I totally respect it though. And all the respect for married women that love their husbands! I can’t wait for the time that I will experience it as well.