Zor Ask by Haluk Levent, plz!

Thread: Zor Ask by Haluk Levent, plz!

Tags: None

Thin Air said:

Romanian is a langauge rooted in Latin. In fact, it's very close to Italian, Spanish and Portugese. They probably can understand a whole lot of those langauges mentioned above when they're spoken.

Annemarrie said:

Exclamation

i've watched the video too..frankly this sounds to me to be in a slavic language ..it has that typical accent..i dont know if is albanian or any other , for me the slavic languages sounds almost the same, i cant difference them (oops!)....i may say that isnt gypsy neither....and romanian NO way....i'm romanian and i guarantee u this...

well even if in Romania are many gypsis, i dont know their language , but as far as i heared the gypsy language , this song doesnt sound to be in gypsy...

i need to made some clarification : ROMANIANS are NOT gypsy...the gypsy ppl are a minority in Romania..i dont wanna be a discriminator person , but some gypsy do bad things and for the foreign ppl that dont know the situation that is here in Romania may confuse the romanians with gypsy...

the romanian ppl doesnt have nothing to do with gypsy ppl...as far as i know gypsy come from Pakistan, India they are a nomad (migratory nation)....

Romanians have their root from the Dacs and Romans, we are lathin...our language makes part from the same family of lathin languages with spanish , portuguese , french, italian...are many similar wrds between these languages...also for the Romanians is easy to learn these languages..

due to the fact that Romania is close to Turkey , and also cuz in the past were some relation between these 2 countries in our vocabulary exist words of turkish origin...also in Constanta that is near the Black Sea are living turkish ppl...

i hope that i help u with some information related to Romania...

sorry cuz i didnt solve ur quest related to the song

any quest that u may have abour Romania , just ask me...
    Anne Marrie

lozaa_yk said:

thank you

football said:

Quote Originally Posted by football View Post
    There are Romes all over the world, in my country too. And this song is from a singer of my country who has Roman origins. Well I don't know if Romans are the same with Romanians, but for sure you're not gypsies. The word gypsie comes from the word Egyptian, so of course it's not suitable for you, my dear Annemarie.

Just for the record: One nickname that we have is Romioi which comes from Rome (greek word btw ). This doesn't make us Romanians, or it does?

Regards

p.s Annemarie the guy who created the video is Romanian!
    Last edited by football; 09-19-2007 at 05:02 PM.

football said:

Quote Originally Posted by Kaltrina View Post
    If I'm not wrong, the language of the song sounds like a kind of roman (gipsy) dialect...I also might be wrong, but that's how it sounds to me. I hope you'll find what you're looking for!
    CU
    Tourhanbg of course I know that gypsy isn't Roman! I didn't say anything about gypsy, I talked about Roman cause this singer is a Greek Rome. I read this topic, so I thought that you were interested in roman songs (that's the only one I know, lol).

Sometimes, I admit it that we call them gypsies, but coz of their colour. Real Greeks are more blond, they are darker (I mean the skin is dark).

p.s I thought that Roman was a nomad tribe! Now I'm really confused. In Greece we call them Rom or Tsigganous. Of course we don't think that they are Romanians, nor gypsies.
    Last edited by football; 09-19-2007 at 04:56 PM.

turhanbg said:

first of all i thank Annemarrie for its good explanation.... she wrote things which i know... in turkey there r lots of gypsy. so lots of people call them as "romen".. romen means "romanian" at the same time. so many people confused the two nation because of that.... and i know from my friends they think gypsys talk romanian... and i always tried to tell them thats not ok....

turhanbg said:

Tourhanbg of course I know that gypsy isn't Roman! I didn't say anything about gypsy, I talked about Roman cause this singer is a Greek Rome. I read this topic, so I thought that you were interested in roman songs (that's the only one I know, lol).

Sometimes, I admit it that we call them gypsies, but coz of their colour. Real Greeks are more blond, they are darker (I mean the skin is dark).

p.s I thought that Roman was a nomad tribe! Now I'm really confused. In Greece we call them Rom or Tsigganous. Of course we don't think that they are Romanians, nor gypsies.
    "Tsigganous" lol... we(turks in bulgaria) use the word too, as "tsiganin" and we use also "dale,mangal,çingene" to discribe gypsys..and bulgarians also use most of these words...
    anyway from a song we r now where
    and i should admit gypsys make good songs lol.. in bulgaria lots of singers origin is gypsy....

Annemarrie said:

There are Romes all over the world, in my country too. And this song is from a singer of my country who has Roman origins. Well I don't know if Romans are the same with Romanians, but for sure you're not gypsies. The word gypsie comes from the word Egyptian, so of course it's not suitable for you, my dear Annemarie.

Just for the record: One nickname that we have is Romioi which comes from Rome (greek word btw ). This doesn't make us Romanians, or it does?

Regards

p.s Annemarie the guy who created the video is Romanian!
    Romans are not the same with Romanians...the Romanians have Roman origins, the union between Romans +Dacs=Romanians..well in romanian to gypsy ppl we call "ţigani" or "rromi"...i dont even think that the gypsy have smth to do with Romans (Romans were a nation from anicent times)...

can u pls tell me the singer name who created the video?..maybe i've heard smth about him..

in the song i also her "i love u" in German i'm not sure of the typing ich liebe dich..i hope i write correct..
    Anne Marrie

Annemarrie said:

[QUOTE=turhanbg;312479]first of all i thank Annemarrie for its good explanation.... she wrote things which i know... in turkey there r lots of gypsy. so lots of people call them as "romen".. romen means "romanian" at the same time. so many people confused the two nation because of that.... and i know from my friends they think gypsys talk romanian... and i always tried to tell them thats not ok....[/QUOTE

i may seem weird cuz i give so many quotes related to the problem Romanian-Gypsy , but i want to make a good statement and not to be any confusion in the future...

i also found out that in Turkey are gypsy that come from Romania "romanian gypsy" (there are many kind of gypsy) and that arent doing some good things there...it makes me sad finding out how these ppl destroy and affect Romania's image abroad...gyspys present themselves as being Romanians , but smn can see the difference cuz they have a darker skin than Romanians have and also they have a certain accent than we have...

i say again that i dont wanna be looked as a person who discriminate the others(no way!), but gypsy are a different nation to the Romanians , and the fact that they live in Romania doesnt make them Romanians, cuz they are just a minority , an ethie,nothing more...in Romania also live many hungarians , they even have schools here and they also have places in the governement....

i hope i calrified a bit more the confusion that was with the subject Romanian-Gypsis..
    Anne Marrie

football said:

Quote Originally Posted by turhanbg View Post
    "Tsigganous" lol... we(turks in bulgaria) use the word too, as "tsiganin" and we use also "dale,mangal,çingene" to discribe gypsys..and bulgarians also use most of these words...
    anyway from a song we r now where
    and i should admit gypsys make good songs lol.. in bulgaria lots of singers origin is gypsy....
    The real word is "athiganos" (plural: athigani), but we mostly use the word "tsiganos" (plural: tsigani). The word I said before is in another case (accusative). It's very interesting, cause I knew that we share common words, but that's too much. If you mean Romans, yes they have nice songs (cause they sound latin), now about gypsy music I'm not crazy.

Ah and sorry for the Greek lesson!

football said:

Quote Originally Posted by Annemarrie View Post
    Romans are not the same with Romanians...the Romanians have Roman origins, the union between Romans +Dacs=Romanians..well in romanian to gypsy ppl we call "ţigani" or "rromi"...i dont even think that the gypsy have smth to do with Romans (Romans were a nation from anicent times)...

can u pls tell me the singer name who created the video?..maybe i've heard smth about him..

in the song i also her "i love u" in German i'm not sure of the typing ich liebe dich..i hope i write correct..
    Thanks Annemarrie and sorry if I said before something that you didn't like it. Of course we don't think that you're gypsies and in fact we like you, we like all the balkan countries. Ah I've heard that there are many Greeks in Romania, is that true? But I cannot think a place that there aren't Greeks, we're everywhere, lol.

The song is called "Jastar amenge dur" and the singer is Notis Sfakianakis. He's very popular in Greece and I like him.

Now about the creator of the video, I don't know. I just clicked on his username to see his profile and he/she's from Romania

The second part -> YouTube - Romania-The mountains (2)
    The first part -> YouTube - Romania-The mountains (I have no idea about this song , but it's nice.)
    Last edited by football; 09-20-2007 at 06:39 AM.

Annemarrie said:

an exemple of romanian music, u also may hear how romanian sounds like is this YouTube - Giulia ft. Gabriel - Te-am Ales
    i hope u will like the song and the video
    Last edited by Annemarrie; 09-20-2007 at 07:20 AM.
    Anne Marrie

Annemarrie said:

Thanks Annemarrie and sorry if I said before something that you didn't like it. Of course we don't think that you're gypsies and in fact we like you, we like all the balkan countries. Ah I've heard that there are many Greeks in Romania, is that true? But I cannot think a place that there aren't Greeks, we're everywhere, lol.

The song is called "Jastar amenge dur" and the singer is Notis Sfakianakis. He's very popular in Greece and I like him.

Now about the creator of the video, I don't know. I just clicked on his username to see his profile and he/she's from Romania

The second part -> YouTube - Romania-The mountains (2)
    The first part -> YouTube - Romania-The mountains (I have no idea about this song , but it's nice.)
    its ok..u didnt make any bad comment..i just wanted to clarify the problem above...i'm so happy to hear that u like the Romanians...there is a tv channel here in Romania called balkanik tv, is a channel with music from balkanik countries ....in what concerns me i love greek music,i like the language too, it has a nice accent (that i love it:P)...yes in Romania are many greeks, not lots of , but they are some...there is even an greek enterteiner that present a some shows (he speaks romanian too, but a lovely greek accent)...

i saw the video ..yes they are lovely..are presented images of places from Romania...
    Anne Marrie

football said:

As I said we're everwhere! Nice song btw, thanks (multumesc)!

alp_er said:

well i didnt know it was a latin language,yes it sounded me like Spanish and Italian,thats cool,after im very good at Croatian, i'll surely start with Romanian and Spanish

and thanks for ur explainations friends,i already knew that the Romanian are not gypsies as well, in Turkey we say 'Romen' for gyspsies ,'Rumen' for Romanians
    and Romanian language is 'Rumence' but people dont care about that lil diffrence and they think Romania is the country of gyspsies
    but i always try to explain cuz i like Romania ,and i love ur songs

16. Kaltrina said:

I totally agree with the ppl who give explanations realted to the diference berween Romanian and Roman nation.
    But, as i read some of posts, I also felt a duty to explain something about my ALBANIAN language.
    It is a language spoken in Kosova (where I come from) and Albania, and it is NOT a slavic language, although all of our neighbours are sllavic ppl. Albanian language has it's roots in indo-european languages, and sounds totally different from all the languages spoken in Ballkans.
    That was it!

alp_er said:

yes Albanian sounds very sweet to me
    and i really like balkanian languages too

football said:

Quote Originally Posted by Kaltrina View Post
    I totally agree with the ppl who give explanations realted to the diference berween Romanian and Roman nation.
    But, as i read some of posts, I also felt a duty to explain something about my ALBANIAN language.
    It is a language spoken in Kosova (where I come from) and Albania, and it is NOT a slavic language, although all of our neighbours are sllavic ppl. Albanian language has it's roots in indo-european languages, and sounds totally different from all the languages spoken in Ballkans.
    That was it!
    Yes that's true Kaltrina. Albanian belongs to the indo-european family and it doesn't resemble with anyone else. Bulgarian, Serbian, Croatian, the language of FYROM are all of them slavic languages. Also Romanian belongs to the latin languages. The same happens with Greek language too. There's not any other language similar with Greek (don't tell me now about Cypriot cause they speak the same language with us ).
    Last edited by football; 09-20-2007 at 11:30 AM.