Help finding song, I only know a few words

Thread: Help finding song, I only know a few words

Tags: None
  1. Anubix said:

Default Help finding song, I only know a few words

I heard it on the radio and it was almost over and I loved that itty bit. All Ican remember is
    "...and when the saints come marching in, well I want to be one of them." Sung by a woman, don't know her name.

F A B Scott said:

If you mean the world famous song called "When the Saints go Marching in", there are lots of singers and bands who have done it and in fact there are over 400 videos on Youtube of it. <<--- link.

Was it a gospel type singer?

3. Anubix said:

Default Re:

No, it's not the classic When the saint go marching in. I know that one. The one I heard is not a version of this one and it was not gospel, it was contemporary Christian music, sung by a woman who pardon the stereotype, didn't seem to be black. Didn't sing in a gospel type of voice. It was rocky. The portion I mentin is the last verse of the chorus.

4. MusiCArt123 said:

Unhappy

It's possible you may be able to call the radio station up, and remember the day you heard it, then based on that, get the person(s) who did the show at that time, and then see if you can ask that way.

You picked a tough song, also...the original lyrics to the song go "Oh Lord, I want to be in the number" Are you sure you heard "I want to be one of them"? If so then this is a good thing since it is distinct from the other renditions.

Hope you find it!

5. Anubix said:

Yeah, good idea bout calling the radio station. Yeah, I'm 100&#37; sure it's not the classic "When the Saints go marching in" It's a totally different song that has a similar phrase in it, but not the exact prhase. Thanks for trying.

6. simplexveritas said:

Default SARAH GROVES - When the Saints

This song took me quite awhile to find as well -- find her here:

MySpace.com - Sara Groves - Burnsville, Minnesota - Christian / Pop - www.myspace.com/saragroves

Sarah Groves - When the Saints

I registered here for the sole purpose of you finding hte song, so =) enjoy it please.

God bless,

W

F A B Scott said:

Quote Originally Posted by simplexveritas View Post
    Sarah Groves - When the Saints
    I registered here for the sole purpose of you finding hte song, so =) enjoy it please.
    Thanks for that, it's good of you.

I'm sure that Anubix will appreciate it.

Now that you are a member here you are welcome to stay around too of course.

8. Anubix said:

Oh thank you thank you! You save me countless hours of searching. That's precisely the song. Isn't it inspiring?

9. charmgirl said:

I just registered to say thank you, simplexveritas! I really wanted to know the lyrics to this song and I couldn't find them. I'm so, so happy!
    Oh yes, Anubix it's really inspiring. I love it. :-)