Romanian Anthem

Thread: Romanian Anthem

Tags: None

mister Xazos said:

Default Romanian Anthem

I decided to post this because one friend asked me to do it. And most of all because I'm proud to be Romanian, because our history is glorious, because Romania wrote many pages for Europe's history. And because If WE didn't exist, the whole Europe was conquered by Otoman Empire.
    Being Romanian is not just a fact, is a medal you must protect all the life.
    Viva Romania !

Republic of Romania Anthem "Deşteaptă-te Române"
    Imnul României

Deşteaptă-te, române, din somnul cel de moarte,
    În care te-adânciră barbarii de tirani
    Acum ori niciodată croieşte-ţi altă soarte,
    La care să se-nchine şi cruzii tăi duşmani.

Awaken thee, Romanian, shake off thy deadly slumber
    The scourge of inauspicious barbarian tyrannies
    And now or never to a bright horizon clamber
    That shall to shame put all your enemies.

Acum ori niciodată să dăm dovezi în lume
    Că-n aste mâni mai curge un sânge de roman,
    Şi că-n a noastre piepturi păstrăm cu fală-un nume
    Triumfător în lupte, un nume de Traian.

It's now or never to the world we readily proclaim
    In our veins throbs Roman blood
    And in our hearts for ever we glorify a name
    Resounding of battle, the name of gallant Trajan.

Înalţă-ţi lata frunte şi caută-n giur de tine,
    Cum stau ca brazi în munte voinici sute de mii;
    Un glas el mai aşteaptă şi sar ca lupi în stâne,
    Bătrâni, bărbaţi, juni, tineri, din munţi şi din câmpii.

Raise your broad forehead and look around you
    Like fir trees, hundreds of thousands of heroes are standing firm;
    A voice they still wait to jump like wolves among the sheep,
    Elders, men, youths, boys, from mountains to the plains.

Priviţi, măreţe umbre, Mihai, Ştefan, Corvine,
    Româna naţiune, ai voştri strănepoţi,
    Cu braţele armate, cu focul vostru-n vine,
    "Viaţa-n libertate ori moarte" strigă toţi.

Do look, imperial shadows, Michael, Stephen, Corvinus
    At the Romanian nation, your mighty progeny
    With arms like steel and hearts of fire impetuous
    It's either free or dead, that's what they all decree

Pre voi vă nimiciră a pizmei răutate
    Şi oarba neunire la Milcov şi Carpaţi
    Dar noi, pătrunşi la suflet de sfânta libertate,
    Jurăm că vom da mâna, să fim pururea fraţi.

O mamă văduvită de la Mihai cel Mare
    Pretinde de la fii-şi azi mână d-ajutori,
    Şi blastămă cu lacrămi în ochi pe orişicare,
    În astfel de pericul s-ar face vânzători.

De fulgere să piară, de trăsnet şi pucioasă,
    Oricare s-ar retrage din gloriosul loc,
    Când patria sau mama, cu inima duioasă,
    Va cere ca să trecem prin sabie şi foc.

N-ajunge iataganul barbarei semilune,
    A cărui plăgi fatale şi azi le mai simţim;
    Acum se vâră cnuta în vetrele străbune,
    Dar martor ne de Domnul că vii nu oprimim.

N-ajunge despotismul cu-ntreaga lui orbie,
    Al cărui jug de seculi ca vitele-l purtăm;
    Acum se-ncearcă cruzii, cu oarba lor trufie,
    Să ne răpească limba, dar morţi numai o dăm.

Români din patru unghiuri, acum ori niciodată
    Uniţi-vă în cuget, uniţi-vă-n simţiri.
    Strigaţi în lumea largă că Dunărea-i furată
    Prin intrigă şi silă, viclene uneltiri.

Preoţi, cu crucea-n frunte căci oastea e creştină,
    Deviza-i libertate şi scopul ei preasfânt.
    Murim mai bine-n luptă, cu glorie deplină,
    Decât să fim sclavi iarăşi în vechiul nost'pământ.

μόνο στο τίποτα...

Annemarrie said:

i'm with u in this..i'm also happy to be a Romanian...live the Romania!!!!..viva Romania!!!!!!!...proud to be a Romanian
    Anne Marrie

mister Xazos said:

One with me. Another one too ?
    Πάρε φιλιά, πάρε καρδιά και μη νοιαστείς για μένα.
    Πάρε ό,τι ζει κι άσε με εκεί
    μόνο στο τίποτα...

Leăo_do_Norte said:

Good to see the romanian anthem here. Thanks a lot. I asked it cause I was curious. It's really nice.

Viva a Romênia !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

krityx said:

Quote Originally Posted by mister Xazos View Post
    I decided to post this because one friend asked me to do it. And most of all because I'm proud to be Romanian, because our history is glorious, because Romania wrote many pages for Europe's history. And because If WE didn't exist, the whole Europe was conquered by Otoman Empire.
    Being Romanian is not just a fact, is a medal you must protect all the life.
    Viva Romania !
    What ? shut up ! I'm actually not proud at all to be romanian and I have absolutely no reason to be and neither do you. Just the fact that you were born here isn't reason enough to be proud. And if Romania wouldn't have been then somebody else would have stopped the turks. Romania is the toilet of europe these days and you shouldn't be proud of that.Besides those were times so remote one doubts the truth in those statements. After all, "history is a set of lies agreed upon". Being romanian is a burden and I would give anything to change that but unfortunately I can't.

6. dya said:

Quote Originally Posted by krityx View Post
    What ? shut up ! I'm actually not proud at all to be romanian and I have absolutely no reason to be and neither do you. Just the fact that you were born here isn't reason enough to be proud. And if Romania wouldn't have been then somebody else would have stopped the turks. Romania is the toilet of europe these days and you shouldn't be proud of that.Besides those were times so remote one doubts the truth in those statements. After all, "history is a set of lies agreed upon". Being romanian is a burden and I would give anything to change that but unfortunately I can't.
    ?????.... Excuse me, but just for the sake of being objective around here, try not to inforce your opinion on others. Nor should you give your opinion the value of absolute truth.

It is your opinion, I respect that, but it would be nice if you tried to respect others' opinions as well.

All the best to you!

tigress_tim said:

Weeeeeeeeeee Don't fight girls
    Romania is big enough for all of us LOL!

Sorry dya, but in a way i agree with krityx
    Well I'm not romanian, but i was born here.....so sorry dya... it was just too funny....hat to dig in
    " Don't take life too seriously, no one gets out alive. "

8. dya said:

Hello Tiggy!

What fight? I was not fighting with anytbody, I simply addressed Krityx about the way she/he expressed her/his opinion. I did not question the opinion, I don't do that, I reacted to the way the opinion was formulated.

And I'm glad you digged in, this way I have the opportunity of saying Hello and letting you know I found in a supermarket a powder product that once prepared results in the dough for... yes, exactly! So all I had to do was to add the plums and in 20 minutes I was already eating them!

tigress_tim said:

LOL! WOW !!! Are u kidding me ?? Hmm...but tell me - is there any taste difference? ( it has to be ) the color, the taste, it has to be diff

10. dya said:

Hmmm... not really! I mean, yes, if you really struggle you'll probably find the taste just a little bit different, but not in a bad way. The colour is the same!

The texture is a little bit difficult because it's somehow sticky but then again, the original one is not so easy to handle either.

And on the box they said you can make 12-14 pieces, but when I saw the dough I told myself that if I come out with 5-6 it's a victory! Well, let me tell you, when I finished the dough and I counted them ... there were exactly 14!

It's worth it! You should look for it but don't ask me about the name, I don't remember it, but you'll see the name of the product written in big letters on it

tigress_tim said:

hahaha

I see...well if it's too sticky to handle with, i guess you can just add some extra flour right ? and the problem is solved

Hmm 14?? yea...when I made normally it is between 20-30 I just finished a series yesterday

Neah, i will still with my own dough, home made
    it's a lot of fun just making it...hehe...especially if u put too much flour or too less , and then u start cursing and swearing... ( but shhh , nobody needs to know this )

12. dya said:

Yes, you can add extra flour, which I did, exceeding the quatity they suggested, but you know what happens if you put too much So, you have to deal with it while still a bit sticky!

If you need 20-30, you can buy 2-3 boxex

I'm for the home made stuff myself, but I have to admit, this one is really a time saving product

tigress_tim said:

Yea, I believe you !
    This is really a good idea, when some guests are coming and u want to prepare something yummy fast

14. dya said:

Exactly! Or when you feel like eating this NOW and making it yourself would mean you actually eat it tomorrow

krityx said:

Quote Originally Posted by dya View Post
    ?????.... Excuse me, but just for the sake of being objective around here, try not to inforce your opinion on others. Nor should you give your opinion the value of absolute truth.

It is your opinion, I respect that, but it would be nice if you tried to respect others' opinions as well.

All the best to you!
    I'm not trying to do anything it was just an opinion. That guy is obviously ignorant and doesn't know what he's talking about - the average romanian that takes pride in the only things he can, things that (supposedly) happened centuries ago. you should have a problem with him, don't you think ?

Oh and I'm not a girl.

16. dya said:

I don't have a problem with anybody's opinion, not his, not yours!

I believe a person can be proud of whatever they feel it's close to their beliefs or ideals. Also I believe that a person can disregard the exact reasons that make the first person in my example feel proud.

I just don't like it when I have the impression someone wants to make everybody share their opinion in a, what I perceived as, aggessive way.

Anyway, the person who started this thread (2 years ago!!) hasn't joined the forum in a loooong time, so I believe this entire conversation leads to nowhere

Oh, and ok, I'm glad I used the she/he thing, instead of assuming that you're a girl or a boy

Layla said:

Hello, dear members! Let me know if you want me to stick this thread, so it's always in the same place!

Remember, chit-chat goes here: http://www.allthelyrics.com/forum/sp...-romanian.html

18. dya said:

Era si cazul sa vina cineva aici si sa ne spuna ca suntem off topic rau de tot!

Te pup!

tigress_tim said:

aaaaaaaa Layla..what would we all do without u?
    jeeh ur like a prison guard

Layla said:

Quote Originally Posted by dya View Post
    Era si cazul sa vina cineva aici si sa ne spuna ca suntem off topic rau de tot!

Te pup!
    Quote Originally Posted by tigress_tim View Post
    aaaaaaaa Layla..what would we all do without u?
    jeeh ur like a prison guard
    Nu stiu ce v-ati face fara mine!