Make my liberty?

Thread: Make my liberty?

Tags: None
  1. rschrib said:

Default Make my liberty?

I am trying to find out the name of the song and the artist for a song that was on CBS's The Unit that aired tonight (10/9/07). I have some partial lyrics and was wondering if someone could help out. Here is what I have:

"standing on the corner tryin to get my vote. Here comes the time for the revalation they got a one way ticket for your salvation"

Also one of the lines is Make my liberty

Thanks for the help
    Last edited by rschrib; 10-09-2007 at 11:38 PM. Reason: update

2. JH20 said:

I'm sorry for bumping such an ancient thread, but I too have been searching for this song with no luck. Can anyone help me out?

It's one of the last songs on The Unit - Season 3, Episode 3.

3. mrmopar said:

I heard the song and had scribbled a note to myself when I saw the episode in 2007 to try to find the song. No luck at the time, so I would periodically check back when I thought about it. I came upon my song notes today and thought I would give it another try. there have only been a handful of songs that have stumped me for good. After locating the episode on Amazon and finding the spot in the episode where the song plays, I tried to ID it. I played it over and over many times, jotted lyrics down and tried many internet searches, which is what brought me to this site. I finally clicked on the lightbulb in my brain and used Shazam to ID the damn song. There was a 3-5 second stretch where there was no lines and the music got louder. Bingo! 7 years later...

The artist is The Navigators and the song is "I can't Breath" from the album "Glory, Glory".

http://www.allmusic.com/album/glory-glory-mw0000633079

Quote Originally Posted by JH20 View Post
    I'm sorry for bumping such an ancient thread, but I too have been searching for this song with no luck. Can anyone help me out?

It's one of the last songs on The Unit - Season 3, Episode 3.

4. mrmopar said:

if you are still on the board and still need to know who did the song, i just found it today…

Quote Originally Posted by rschrib View Post
    I am trying to find out the name of the song and the artist for a song that was on CBS's The Unit that aired tonight (10/9/07). I have some partial lyrics and was wondering if someone could help out. Here is what I have:

"standing on the corner tryin to get my vote. Here comes the time for the revalation they got a one way ticket for your salvation"

Also one of the lines is Make my liberty

Thanks for the help