Know the melody, don't know the title

Thread: Know the melody, don't know the title

Tags: None
  1. selenium said:

Default Know the melody, don't know the title

Sorry in advance, this is going to be really vague.

I'm looking for a song with the following melody (probably not the right key):

c c c c. c d eflat d c. c c c c bflat bflat bflat c bflat bflat bflat a g.

It's been stuck in my head, and I have no clue what title it is, or even which year it was recorded in. I know you can dance to the song though...

Anyways, any help is appreciated!

Thanks so much,
    Selenium

2. selenium said:

Does anybody know, please? :]

3. kmlz said:

I tried to play this on my mini-piano on pc, but tell me- that b flat is in the same octave or the octave under all other notes? And maybe you could say anything else about that song? You said that you can dance to it, does is mean it is fast, energetic or what?

4. selenium said:

Hi! I meant the b-flat, a, and g right below the c which was played. Sorry about the confusion!

As to what else I know about the song... there isn't much, except that based on the beat I believe it's a (slightly) older song. It sounds like it could be a good disco or 80's song, but that's past my generation so I wouldn't know.

5. selenium said:

... help please? :]

6. selenium said:

anyone?

7. klaarzaken said:

No! so stop asking :P You really need more information to give!

atmaestro said:

Play nice, y'all...

selenium, if you can send us a recording of you playing the tune on an instrument, it might be easier for us to figure it out.
    Them that can, do; them that can't... memorize Artist and Title

9. jan willem said:

i've tryed to play it, but i don't know it. i have a request myself, and i know a piece of text and the melody.

the text is something like:
    all girls get to the party, ...boys.... started................oh oh oh oh oh ooh

the melody is probably not in the right octave, but the molody can be played in more then one, and it's like this.

f. g g. g g g# f. g g. g g g# c g# g# g#g g# g g g. f g# f.

It's an R&B HipHop kind of music, a man is singin. the melody is not from a regular instrument, but with a i note- laser sound sync style.

i hope this is enough information about my song.

greatings,

jan willem

10. jan willem said:

Default song

i've whisteled the song, and that way it's in the right speed.

if anyone knows the artist or the title, let me know.

thanks in advance

11. jan willem said:

i am not able to add the file, so you'll have to do it with the other information.