Solved: Help, please.

Thread: Solved: Help, please.

Tags: None
  1. girlie1 said:

Smile Solved: Help, please.

The year I remember hearing this song was '94 or '95. Don't know if this is when it came out or not. I think it is 90's music, could be 80's, but pretty sure 90s. I would here this song on 107.5 the river in nashville(i think).

It is a soft/light rock song. Male vocalist. Medium paced song.
    The chorus is the only thing i remember and i'm not sure the lyrics that i remember are correct.

Here is what i remember:
    Red head, i really love you i can't forget about you. .....more chorus....... and red head.
    I don't even know if the guy was saying red head. I just have this beat of the chorus in my mind and think that is what he said. I always liked this song. They never played it a lot and i always missed who sung it when it was on.

THANKS FOR ANY HELP!!!!

2. Grendl2000 said:

I'm guessing you want "Hard Luck Woman," originally a hit for KISS but covered in '94 by Garth Brooks.

He's actually saying "Rags" rather than "Red head." It's funny, I thought Peter Criss was singing "red" in the original as well. I didn't figure that out for about 20 years.

This is a video of Garth singing it live with KISS: YouTube - Kiss - Hard Luck Woman

If never I'd met you
    I'd never have seen you cry
    If not for our first "Hello"
    We'd never have to say goodbye
    If never I held you
    My feelin's would never show
    It's time I start walkin'
    But there's so much you'll never know
    I keep telling you hard luck woman
    You ain't a hard luck woman
    Rags, a sailor's only daughter
    A child of the water
    Too proud to be a queen

Rags, I really love you
    I can't forget about you
    You'll be a hard luck woman
    Baby, till you find your man

Before I go let me kiss you
    And wipe the tears from your eyes
    I don't wanna hurt you, girl
    You know I could never lie
    I keep telling you a hard luck woman
    You ain't a hard luck woman
    Rags, a sailor's only daughter
    A child of the water
    Too proud to be a queen

Rags, I really love you
    I can't forget about you

3. girlie1 said:

That's it! THANK YOU SO MUCH!!! I just always liked this song, but I haven't heard it, well, since I was in middle school and that was about 15 years ago. Now I can enjoy it again. Oh yeah, I've already listened to it and I still think it sound like he says red. That's so funny. That makes me feel better i wasn't the only person that thought he was singing "red".
    Thanks again.

4. Grendl2000 said:

Glad to help. It's nice that my "ability" to get lyrics fouled up actually proved useful.