National Geographic Channel Promo Lyrics

Thread: National Geographic Channel Promo Lyrics

Tags: None
  1. KatWest said:

Default National Geographic Channel Promo Lyrics

I am looking for the song, lyrics, and artist for a National Geographic Channel promo. It is the one dealing with gravity and circles, and starts with the line "I see my fate". The promo ends with a baby jumping into a pool and a small globe being tossed into a pair of hands. I have looked and looked for this song and artist. (The song is GREAT!) Thanks for the help!! KatWest/East

2. KatWest said:

Question More Info on Song

Additional information:

the commercial is on NatGeo in Australia and New Zealand. Don't know if it is seen in the US. Anyway, two more lines I picked up were:

It takes on you,
    In everything you do.

Anybody??? Anything??? on this song???

3. KatWest said:

Default Trying to Find This Song Again

Would appreciate any help. The promo title is "Angular Momentum".

Thanks!

4. madmacs said:

Arrow Found it

Your posting, aside from being the only search result google could find matching what I was really after, was moving enough for me to register once I could answer you.

Apparently it's called "Think Again" (at least this one featuring the song is) though "Angular Momentum" appears in the first few frames on a chalk board.

Sadly, it says:
    "Available only on the Nat Geo Australian Channel which is a shame! Should be released! Comment from forums:

the song was written by composer Richard Pike at my company, Plasma Sonic Productions, specifically for the NGC spot. Unfortunately it's only short but we're thinking of doing a longer version if there's interest. What dya think guys?"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bd9wWNnn1JA

and I'm attached enough to the song that I'm going to find some way of capturing it.

It really is something special, isn't it.

5. madmacs said:

Listening to the lyrics, I note a two things..

..first, I apologise if I misinterpreted KatWest. The promo title doesn't appear to be "Angular Momentum" but I wouldn't be surprised if the song name is. If you look for Plasma Sonic Productions even from Google you'll probably beat me to finding out.
    The Lyrics would suggest as much as they speak alot about seeing life in "circular ways", et al.

Secondly and more pressingly, the lyric "It takes on you" can't be heard, at least I couldn't hear it anywhere in it. What I could hear was "It takes *over* you" sung so smoothly that I couldn't believe it was that until having a copy and going over it with a fine toothed comb. It's not just the smoothness, it's the sway or the way the song moves at that point that you might consider "it takes on you" more onomatopoeically probable.

Enjoy it. I haven't stopped.