Solved: Help Finding Late 1970's Song

Thread: Solved: Help Finding Late 1970's Song

Tags: None
  1. gigi said:

Default Solved: Help Finding Late 1970's Song

I heard this mid-tempo song on an oldies station. The last line in the chorus goes "oooo-oooo... I love you". The singer sounds a bit like Paul McCartney and there is a distinct piano that segued between chorus to verse. I've checked and it's not Paul and it's not Wings. A one hit wonder perhaps?

It was a popular song in its day because it was on an oldies radio station playing the "hits". Also, I recognized it as a song I've heard a billion times before, but probably at the dentist office or something, so I wasn't really paying attention. Please help!

2. Chai Lady said:

The lyrics make me think it might be "I Love You" by Climax Blues Band, but it came out in 1981 and I don't think it sounds much like Paul. Anyway, give it a try?

3. gigi said:

Thanks a million Chai Lady! I have been searching for this song for since last spring and it was driving me nuts. Apparently, Climax Blues Band members hated this song which is why none of the major downloading sites feature this song or the album it was featured on. Oh those temperamental artists. I found it on youtube.

I still think it sounds a bit like Paul, but the guitar sounds just like George Harrison. Thanks Again!!

4. gigi said:

Just a quick note....this song may be downloaded!! It's not being released by Climax Blues Band, but by the writer/singer of I Love You, Derek Holt. I was able to find it using his name as opposed to the band on one of the major music download sites...yay!!!!!!!