can someone translate this song please..

Thread: can someone translate this song please..

Tags: None
  1. lepidopter said:

Default can someone translate this song please..

ı dont know which language this song is...but ı think spanish.ıf it is spanish..can someone translate this song
    Todos me dicen el negro, Llorona
    Negro pero cariñoso.
    Negro pero cariñoso.
    Yo soy como el chile verde, Llorona
    Picante pero sabroso.
    Picante pero sabroso.

Ay de mí, Llorona Llorona,
    Llorona, llévame al río
    Tápame con tu rebozo, Llorona
    Porque me muero de frió

Si porque te quiero quieres, Llorona
    Quieres que te quieres más
    Si ya te he dado la vida, Llorona
    ¿Qué mas quieres?
    ¿Quieres más?

xiurell said:

Quote Originally Posted by lepidopter View Post
    ı dont know which language this song is...but ı think spanish.ıf it is spanish..can someone translate this song
    Yes is Spanish

Everybody call me Black, Weeping girl
    Negro pero cariñoso.
    Black but loving
    Everybody call me Black, Weeping girl
    Negro pero cariñoso.
    Black but loving
    I am like the green chili Weeping girl
    Picante pero sabroso.
    peppery but flavorful
    I am like the green chili Weeping girl
    Picante pero sabroso.
    peppery but flavorful

Ay de mí, Llorona Llorona,
    Oh myself, Weeping girl, Weeping girl
    Llorona, llévame al río
    Weeping girl, take me to the river
    Tápame con tu rebozo, Llorona
    Cover me with your shawl, weeping girl
    Porque me muero de frió
    'cause I'm very cold

Si porque te quiero quieres, Llorona
    If cause I love you, you want, weeping girl
    ¿Quieres que te quieres más?
    Do you want I love you more?
    Si ya te he dado la vida, Llorona
    If I have already given you the life, weeping girl
    ¿Qué mas quieres?
    What else you want?
    ¿Quieres más?
    Do you want more?

Saludos

3. lepidopter said:

so thank you..it is so clear now..
    i don t know anything about your language..but its sounds is so nice . and do you know about learning spanish is it easy???...

xiurell said:

i don t know anything about your language..but its sounds is so nice . and do you know about learning spanish is it easy???...
    You're welcome

Well, learning languages is always a little hard, but all depends what's your mother tongue. For me is easier to learn Italian, French, Portuguese etc because all they are latin origin languages. If you decide to start learning I'm here to help you

Where are you from? What's your mother tongue?

5. lepidopter said:

Quote Originally Posted by xiurell View Post
    You're welcome

Well, learning languages is always a little hard, but all depends what's your mother tongue. For me is easier to learn Italian, French, Portuguese etc because all they are latin origin languages. If you decide to start learning I'm here to help you

Where are you from? What's your mother tongue?
    so thank you for your care my mother tongue is turkish.ı am from turkey..well but my licence is biology in üniversty..every term is in latin..maybe it is helpful for me...now i m trying to learn better english..but i wanna other one too..and if you help to me i m glad to you.. ı think it depends my determination and do practice bountiful like this site..doesnt it?

xiurell said:

Merhaba Lepidopter

Any doubt you have in learning Spanish, just ask me, I'll be glad to help you. This forum is a good place to learn languages you will find a lot of people ready to help.

Görüşürüz arkadaşım

7. lepidopter said:

Wink ok...

Quote Originally Posted by xiurell View Post
    Merhaba Lepidopter

Any doubt you have in learning Spanish, just ask me, I'll be glad to help you. This forum is a good place to learn languages you will find a lot of people ready to help.

Görüşürüz arkadaşım
    ok..so thank you ..i have already looked for something about spanish from net ..and if i need help..i'll ask you...gracias..
    if you need smthng about turkish ,you can ask to me
    hasta la vista mi amigo

8. alhaymarie said:

what is that song called?
    and who is it by?

citlalli said:

it's called "La llorona" and is sung by many ppl; among them Raphael, Chavela Vargas, Oscar Chavez and Lila Downs.

10. lepidopter said:

Quote Originally Posted by citlalli View Post
    it's called "La llorona" and is sung by many ppl; among them Raphael, Chavela Vargas, Oscar Chavez and Lila Downs.

hola citlalli...
    ı wonder what is your profile picture? are they arabic words... or what is this...?

citlalli said:

hola citlalli...
    ı wonder what is your profile picture? are they arabic words... or what is this...?
    Yes, it's Arabic calligraphy. It's transliterated as "al-hamdu lillah", and it means "thank God".

If you like this sort of stuff, you may be interested in having a look at these websites:

http://www.arabiccalligraphy.com/ac/galleries.php

http://www.islamicart.com/main/calli...les/index.html

Hope you enjoy them!
    “If cats looked like frogs we'd realize what nasty, cruel little bastards they are. Style. That's what people remember.” ― Terry Pratchett.

12. lepidopter said:

[QUOTE=citlalli;328967]Yes, it's Arabic calligraphy. It's transliterated as "al-hamdu lillah", and it means "thank God".

If you like this sort of stuff, you may be interested in having a look at these websites:

http://www.arabiccalligraphy.com/ac/galleries.php

http://www.islamicart.com/main/calli...les/index.html

Hope you enjoy them! [
    thanks your care..it is my religion too. but ı didnt see your profile picture very vell.it is so small .and i wanted to be sure..are you muslim..or you love arabic words and letters..or just a hobby?

citlalli said:

thanks your care..it is my religion too. but ı didnt see your profile picture very vell.it is so small .and i wanted to be sure..are you muslim..or you love arabic words and letters..or just a hobby?
    Hi again!

Well, I am Mexican, and like most Mexicans, I am Roman Catholic.

What happens is that I am learning Arabic (I absolutely love it!), and of course together with the language I am getting to know a bit about Arabic culture and about Islam, as most Arab people have this religion. In fact right now I am in Morocco visiting a friend... I like it so much here! the only disadvantages are that my MSA course is not much help with the Moroccan accent and that writing this message with an Arabic keyboard has taken me soooo loooong !

مع السلام Ana Maria
    “If cats looked like frogs we'd realize what nasty, cruel little bastards they are. Style. That's what people remember.” ― Terry Pratchett.

14. lepidopter said:

Wink

Hi again!

Well, I am Mexican, and like most Mexicans, I am Roman Catholic.

What happens is that I am learning Arabic (I absolutely love it!), and of course together with the language I am getting to know a bit about Arabic culture and about Islam, as most Arab people have this religion. In fact right now I am in Morocco visiting a friend... I like it so much here! the only disadvantages are that my MSA course is not much help with the Moroccan accent and that writing this message with an Arabic keyboard has taken me soooo loooong !

مع السلام Ana Maria
    ok i understand..it should be diffucult to write with arabic keyboard well i am turkish.i know a little about arabic.i only know how to read arabic words and i know some meaning of words.maybe you know "kuran-ı kerim"(in english is Holy Qoran )which is islam 's book.ı read this book with not understnading.but for understanding i generally read translations..i ask you your profile picture because i see you are a mexican.and your profile words like a arabic words.but you are mexican.and i think it is interesting.and i only ask to be sure..that is allit is so nice to see that you are interest in islam and arabic .and finally i also want to learn spanish inşallah...hasta la vista mi amigo.curentlly just some simple words...

citlalli said:

ok i understand..it should be diffucult to write with arabic keyboard well i am turkish.i know a little about arabic.i only know how to read arabic words and i know some meaning of words.maybe you know "kuran-ı kerim"(in english is Holy Qoran )which is islam 's book.ı read this book with not understnading.but for understanding i generally read translations..i ask you your profile picture because i see you are a mexican.and your profile words like a arabic words.but you are mexican.and i think it is interesting.and i only ask to be sure..that is allit is so nice to see that you are interest in islam and arabic .and finally i also want to learn spanish inşallah...hasta la vista mi amigo.curentlly just some simple words...
    Hello again!

I'm now back home and I brought with me a copy of the Holy Quran -with a translation of course- as I know only a little bit about it but I want to know more.
    As for Arabic itself I can only read fully vocalized texts, which means that I can't read any newspaper or magazine ... I guess I need to be patient and study a lot.
    It's nice to hear you'd like to learn Spanish. If I can ever be of any help to you, don't hesitate in asking, ok? By the way, I'm a girl... so I'm "amiga"

See you around here!

16. lepidopter said:

Hello again!

I'm now back home and I brought with me a copy of the Holy Quran -with a translation of course- as I know only a little bit about it but I want to know more.
    As for Arabic itself I can only read fully vocalized texts, which means that I can't read any newspaper or magazine ... I guess I need to be patient and study a lot.
    It's nice to hear you'd like to learn Spanish. If I can ever be of any help to you, don't hesitate in asking, ok? By the way, I'm a girl... so I'm "amiga"

See you around here!
    helloo
    it is so nice to hear you brought a copy of Quran. i hope you understand.if you dont understand you ask me .if you really want to know.i can advise to you some annotated text.and ı wish you learn quickly arabic.and ı learn quickly spanishand finaly thank you for your care...if i need help i will ask to you..and first of all ı learn amiga is for girls..not amigo.amigo is for boys.and ı understand for everthing there is "a" and "o"this is interesting for me.because there isnt this kind of meaning in turkish...hasta la vista...

Daniela said:

I speak english as my first language, and I study spanish at my university. I enjoy it a lot. It's very simular to Italian, which I'm studying too, so if you know any Italian that would be helpful.
    There's a website that I think is very helpful with my Italian, and they also have spanish lessons on there. If your interested the website is:
    www.mangolanguages.com
    (& it's free)

citlalli said:

As-salam aleikoum ya Lepidopter!

Ehhhh... it looks like something happened here in the Forum and the last few messages went lost... I hadn't written down the annotated text you recommended me (silly of me ) so, could you tell me again the name and the author please? If you prefer you can also send me a pm; I'd be very glad to hear from you

Eid mubarak! (sorry, but I don't know how to say this in Turkish)

Saludos, Ana María