Translate the song "Meine Seele Brennt" to english

Thread: Translate the song "Meine Seele Brennt" to english

Tags: None

Steena said:

Quote Originally Posted by Tahira View Post
    Etwas von dir lebt fort in mir
    Something of you is living inside me
    just a small one
    fortleben is more "to live on" rather than just "to live" so I'd add a small "on" in this sentence
    होता है जो होना है ... वक़्त ही शायद खुदा है ...
    कौन कहता है आदमी अपनी किस्मत खुद लिखता है?

2. nonisa said:

Hi, Tahira and Steena, of course first I like to say thanks. Then I will say, I like all of you and your forum. I will come very often.

See you soon.

Luvya said:

aha, so the complete sentence would be "So nah wie du war nur deine Zärtlichkeit" = Only your tenderness was as close as you were. Makes more sense to me

to answer your questions concerning the interpretation, nonisa:
    i think they aren't together anymore. She misses him and thinks of the past. The relationship ended because he cheated on her ("Geh zu ihr!" -> Go to the other one!) but nonetheless she does not regret to have been with him. She thinks of the past relationship as a good time and she's sad that it ended that way because she is still in love with him.

To be honest this "so nah wie du" does imho not even fit in the german sentence very well. it's just a catchy phrase probably

well, gaï shuì jiào le Wân än! / Good night everybody!

Tahira said:

@Steena: Thanks for correction.

@Luvya: Good explanation of the whole song.

I like this forum, because everybody has an idea and all together we find very very good solutions. Great

Have a nice day, Tahira

5. nonisa said:

Dear Luvya, thank you explain the meaning of lyric. Now is clear for me. I can find those words from dictionary, but when I put all of them together, I am confused. Most easy word is most difficult one to understand. That's looks very strange for you, but for me that's the fact.

Tahira and Steena, I like this forum also, because you and you are here. All of you help me understand the song and give me good feeling of friendship.

I like to ask you more and more.

Have a nice day, everybody.
    Last edited by nonisa; 11-22-2007 at 12:31 AM.

Luvya said:

haha, nonisa, i understand what you're saying. i'm learning latin and it's the same problem. finding all the words in the dictionnary doesn't mean you get the meaning of the sentence ^^ what else do you want to ask? just feel free to, it's a pleasure to be helpful